“Gorgeous but Cramped”

InterContinental London Park Lane
Ranked #197 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 9 July 2014

While I expect a European hotel to have smaller rooms than we Americans are used to- my husband, daughter, and myself were a little claustrophobic in our otherwise fabulous room at the Intercontinental Park Lane. The hotel is stunning, but once inside it is rather generic- you could be anywhere.
The location is conveniently located next to a Tube station, and the view from our room was beautiful.
The staff was professional and courteous, room service quick, and breakfast (the only meal we had at hotel) quite good.
If you enjoy Indian food, Chettinad in Soho was a highlight of our trip!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rhendrix64
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear rhendrix64,

Thank you for sending us your kind feedback and for choosing InterContinental London Park Lane for your recent stay. The team will be thrilled as it is greatly appreciated when their efforts are recognised.

We do have variety of rooms with different size and style, which are described on our website. I could not agree more with you that our hotel is very conveniently located with an easy reach to most of London attractions.

We all look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards,

There are newer reviews for InterContinental London Park Lane

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Location is excellent (across from the Four Seasons Hotel). Excellent hotel catering to international guests. It is within walking distance of everything you want to see. The staff is very attentive and the concierge can work miracles.

Room Tip: Don't accept an interior courtyard room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Tim H,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about you most recent visit to InterContinental London Park Lane. I would like to thank you for commending our concierge team in general.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Part of the Intercontinental chain and therefore " standard " to the brand.
However, as you would expect, the style, elegance and customer service is outstanding.
The location is easily accessible and suits a city break well.
The gorgeous bar is a great meeting place, light and airy for both afternoon tea.or cocktails. I particularly love the very tall champagne glasses! The hotel assisted me in obtaining some for at home.
Thank you vey much!
I look forward to returning ...

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Kermit1frog,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your kind comments about the hotel and the employees are highly appreciated. Our aim is to provide our guests with memorable experiences and I am delighted to learn that we were able to leave a positive impression. I am very pleased to learn that we were able to obtain the champagne glasses for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Just what I expected in a 5 star business hotel. The service was attentive and when I asked the concierge for advise about a walk, I was presented with a bottle of water and the comment that it was unusually warm for London . Breakfast was very expensive and not special. Many hotels have new fancy shower heads but I was pleasantly surprised with the water pressure which made for a delightful experience. My room had a view of Hyde Park. The tube is a 2 minute walk and walking around Park Lane should not be missed.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear SeaworthyNewYork,

Thank you for sending us your kind feedback and for choosing InterContinental London Park Lane for your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that our service and facilities met your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My first impression of this hotel was how good the lobby smelled. I asked the front desk what it was and they said it was a special scent made for them. Loved it!
Wonderful service. There is always someone in the lobby waiting to help you. I felt like I could ask them for anything and they would make it happen. The sleeping room was fine. It was a king bed, very comfortable. Clean and spacious. Great location. No complaints, would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MeetingProDC

Dear MeetingProDC,

Thank you for your comments. What more can I say than a big thank you for sharing such a fantastic review.

The entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental London Park Lane the next time you visit London.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for a Luxury Hotel, Great Location, nice view, you're just here, Intercontinental ParkLane is the best hotel in my opinion having these specifications. You won't regret if you choose this hotel, if you seek for a luxuries hotels. Nice view on both Hyde Park & Green Park "I had a corner room".

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Thamer A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. London is truly a remarkable city, and I could not agree with you more that the location of the hotel is in a perfect setting.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental London Park Lane on your next visit to London.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Amazing hotel and a 5 star experience in a central location in London. The hotel staff without exception from reception, room service and restaurant did an excellent job despite the large number of guests staying in the hotel. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I've had in Europe with a huge selection. My only complaint is that I had to reactivate my room key card every other day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mish3al,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience, in particular at CookBook Café. I do have to agree that the selection and quality of our breakfast is very high. Please accept my apologies for the incontinence with your room card. I have passed this information to the relevant Head of Department to follow up.

We look forward to seeing you again in near future.

Warm wishes,