“Beautiful stay”

Ranked #142 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Beirut, Lebanon
“Beautiful stay”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Beautiful stay at all levels, Great location as well! Close to everything you need and want to visit. The restaurant is amazing good food and good mood. The lobby cafe is very friendly and entertaining. Staff is amazing, friendly and helpful.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Rania K,

Thank you very much for your review and kind words following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that our service and facilities met your expectations.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we sincerely hope you will afford us another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We have had the pleasure of staying in both London InterContinental hotels at Park Lane and Westminster. Park Lane is bigger and busier but this doesn't stand in the way of little personal touches in thoughtful hospitality. The lobby itself is fresh, fragrant and a cool oasis from the hectic outside. The reception staff step from behind their individual podium style desks to greet you and to initiate any concierge or bell hop services you may need.. this in itself is a small but powerful touch in bespoke hospitality.
We stayed in a courtyard facing newly renovated classic room. No view but extremely quiet.. that is the trade off. The compact room was beautifully decorated, very cozy and immaculate. It had all the amenities consistent with the InterContental brand ..including a Nespresso Coffee machine and B & O iPod / phone docking music centre. When we returned from our afternoon walk a bowl of delicious fresh strawberries, a box of chocolate chip shortbread and a bottle of mineral water awaited us... a lovely touch that made us feel welcome and valued as guests. Further more the turndown refresh service is a further touch to delight the guest.
Breakfast is offered in the Cook Book Cafe which is more of a cafe than a restaurant. There is a good buffet selection and an a la carte option. It is not the crisp white table cloth and silver tea service experience of the Westminster hotel and I accept that it couldn't be, given the higher number and turnover of breakfast guests, it simply wouldn't be practical. Buffet items were replenished regularly and plates cleared promptly. Staff were friendly and engaged with their guests.
Park Lane is a different overall experience to Westminster but equal in great hospitality. As always it is the staff who really strive to make your stay special and memorable.

Stayed July 2014
Dear aloisw8,

Our aim is to provide our guest with memorable experiences and I am delighted to learn that we were able to leave a positive impression. As you mentioned, it is often those small touches and moments one remember most after a hotel stay.

Best regards,

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 27 July 2014

On the way home, after a long journey through Asia, we spent 2 nights in London. We wanted to slow down after so many tours and tight schedules.
We chose this hotel for its location and it was fantastic to wake up, cross the street and have breakfast inside Hyde Park, in front of the lake where people was swimming!! Summer in London! wow!
We had a courtyard room ( without a view). This was the price we were able to pay. I continue with my policy, if possible, to stay in a 5 star hotel.
The benefits of a hotel of this magnitude are in the details: quiet check in, super attentive staff and concierge. Excellent amenities, towels and sheets are first class. Beautiful flowers in the Lobby.
First class Hotel! Sure, my next address in London!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brazilian2005
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear brazilian2005,

Thank you for sending us your kind feedback and for choosing InterContinental London Park Lane for your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that our service and facilities met your expectations.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to London.

Yours Sincerely,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I am usually very picky about my hotels when I'm going on a special trip (this was a three-event short trip: anniversary, birthday, and family reunion), but from the first moment I knew this hotel was the right choice.
My secretary knows I'm a bit particular and he maintained extensive correspondence with reservations and concierge to arrange everything (two nice, upgraded rooms, club access for the Deluxe room -the Suite had it included-, flower delivery, late check-out, and I'm sure a wealth of other details I couldn't tell because when things are seamless, everything seems natural).
I am truly grateful to reservations for all the help received (and the patience to deal with my very zealous assistant).

The hotel is located within easy access of the underground system (including a line that will take you directly to the airport, if you want to avoid the horrid London traffic). However, it's so well located for tourism that walking worked for us, since it's within reasonable distances of Buckingham, Picadilly Circus, Parliament, Trafalgar Square...).

Admittedly, the façade is unimpressive, but it makes up for it in sumptuousity inside, and grace of the services.
The bellstaff is always on point, ready to help with the luggage even before you get to the door, open the doors for you, call you cabs, lend you umbrellas, or even help the elder members of the group up and down the stairs of the lobby.
Front Desk and Concierge were just as friendly and ready to help with every request. We couldn't have had better staff.
As usual, we arrived early from our flight and my suite was not ready, but they took good care of our bags and we were able to walk a bit around and have early lunch at the hotel's restaurant (Theo Randall, very enjoyable), by which time the rooms had already been taken care of.

The Deluxe room was obviously recently renovated and looking splendid. Larger than I had expected considering other luxury locations I had been in while in London. Nicely appointed, with a decent bathroom, two beds (I can't for the life of me remember the size), espresso machine, full minibar, gorgeous bathroom (though not specially big), work desk, and it even had room for a table and two chairs.

The One Bedroom Suite was incredible. Conveniently located in the Club floor, with park views (the hotel is smack in between Hyde Park and the Buckingham Palace Gardens), with a side-view of the Wellington Arch.
The living-room area of the room was much larger than the pictures make it look. With plenty of space for a full dining table and chairs, TV area with sofa, coffee table and two armchairs. Ideal for entertaining and very impressive with its wood panel linings.
The bedroom space was a bit tighter but still comfortable, with a King bed, a desk, and two nightstands. The marble bathroom was immense, equipped with both a bathtub and a separate shower.
The old-style royal decoration of the rooms was very welcoming, and the nightly durndown service is the cherry on top.

The Club Lounge definitely deserves a mention. I can't remember what the extra cost for it is but it's worth every penny. Just the relaxed environment and the views are worth at least a try. Asides from a complete breakfast, including both a very satisfying buffet and a la carte items directly from the kitchen, they also serve other meals during the day (light lunch, afternoon tea, happy hour).

Downstairs, in the Wellington Lounge, they serve one of the most exquisite high-tea services I recall, but make sure you book it beforehand because it's extremely popular (for good reason).

The whole trip's success was very much facilitated in every way by the absolutely amazing location, service, and facilities of this hotel.
My gratitude for an incredible stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank DanielKalen
Dear DanielKalen,

It was with true pleasure I read your review about your recent stay at InterContinental London Park Lane. I am truly delighted to learn that the team made such a great impression and that hotel facilities met your expectations.

Thank you for your kind comments about the exceptional service the Concierge team and the Front Desk provided during your stay. I have already shared your comments in our last team meeting as I know they appreciate learning how they truly made a stay the "brilliant one".

It will be our true pleasure welcoming you back to InterContinental London Park Lane. If we can be of any assistance on any upcoming visit, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our stay here
The staff were very friendly
The breakfast was great
The location was A grade
The rooms were nice and cosy with high quality service
Overall.:one of the best places to stay in London

• Stayed July 2014
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear sgypsy,

We all look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Everything works amazingly well here, so we keep going back. Friendly helpful staff, great rooms and the bar serves great cocktails , and sushi! Even though its a busy hotel it never gets in the way of great service, and you never get the feeling that its crowded. Very well positioned for Hyde Park and tube lines.

Room Tip: The higher priced rooms are definitely worth paying for
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dborch
Dear dborch,

Thank you for sending us your kind feedback and for choosing InterContinental London Park Lane for your recent stay. Your loyalty to us is very much appreciated.

We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and your comments have been shared amongst the team.

We trust that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards,

Irvine, California
Reviewed 15 July 2014

First time in London, I think I picked a right place.

The taxi right from LHR took less than an hour, and costed less than 60 pounds. The place is quite easy to get to by cars.

The people working in the hotel are all so nice. I met the nicest IC front desk staff I have ever met at this IC. The checking-in was really quick, and the rest of the time the staff was just trying to get me acquainted with the place and surrounding.

Also, I think I was double upgraded to a One-bedroom Suite. The room is quite huge according to London standard. It is at the end of the hallway, so it was really quite and we didn't have noise problem at all for the whole 5-day stay. The problems with the room? 1) TV too small 2) Bathroom too small.

The Club Lounge is really good. It has a killer view of the square in front. The lounge has excellent breakfast offering, but the evening cocktail has weak food offering. Maybe this is how it is done in UK. Anyway, I really enjoyed the lounge. Also, Andreea of the Club Lounge is like an angel. She is the nicest lounge waitress I've met and she is really professional.

All in all, it is a really really good hotel. The only problem is that it requires some walk to get to the Hyde Park Corner station. During the stay we were trying to find the fastest way to get to the station, but ultimately we decided it has to include a travel trough of a underpass at the south-west corner of the hotel, and walk further west for 100 yards to get to the subway entrance. Taking the No. 9 bus is more convenient as the bus station is 50 yards away and don't need to cross if going east.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zyxlsy
Dear zyxlsy,

This is wonderful feedback and I thank you for your kind and enthusiastic words. I would echo your sentiments regarding Andreea and the Club Lounge Team.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Wishes