“First class service & attention to detail.”

InterContinental London Park Lane
Ranked #187 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed here for 1 night and from check in to check out I couldn't fault anything!
The check-in area is pretty special and the reception staff were very courteous, I especially liked the fact that the receptionist came around from the desk to hand us our keys :)
My fellow guest is an IHG Ambassador so he automatically got an upgrade but they also gave me one too - great touch.
As for the room it was good, for me personally I think the decor is dated but is very in keeping with the location and brand. There were plenty of modern touches. Exceptionally clean and well appointed with accessories for showering etc.
We paid extra for access to the club lounge - well worth it as we had afternoon tea, food and champagne during the happy hour and an amazing breakfast.
The little details in the club lounge really impressed me, especially the selection of breakfast fruits - as recommended by the lounge manager.
The views out from the lounge are iconic, and great for plane spotting, as too the 3 computers available for use.
A 1 minute walk from the hotel is Hard Rock Cafe and continue straight down you hit Piccadilly Circus within 10 mins. We took a stroll left out of the hotel and wandered the streets of Mayfair at approx 10pm, found posh shops and very posh cars!
I would 110% recommend this hotel, if you can - treat yourself to the club lounge :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Sarah H
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Sarah H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. London is truly a remarkable city, and I could not agree with you more that the location of the hotel is in a perfect setting to explore all what the city has to offer.

In reading your review it is evident that we have made a long lasting impression. I am truly delighted to see that you enjoyed the attentive service the team provided and the upgraded room upon your arrival.

Once again, thank you for such a wonderful review. I do hope to be able to welcome you back to InterContinental London Park Lane in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This hotel was used as a base for our weekend vacation in London. What a choice it was! The bedrooms were immaculate as was the reception area's and restaurant. I have read elsewhere that this hotel offers the best breakfast in London and after staying overnight in at least 10 different hotels I must agree.

All staff we engaged were friendly and very keen to make sure our stay was a magical one, which it was. Commuting too and from the hotel is hassle free with doorman keen to help you call cabs and help with you getting on board.

Room Tip: We booked out 2 rooms and both were perfect.
1  Thank Steven S

Dear Steven S,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. I was pleased to read your kind feedback highlighting the breakfast as the best in London.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we sincerely hope you will afford us another opportunity to welcome you back soon to InterContinental London Park Lane.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The intercontinental is a magnificent hotel with prime location. The hotel is a five star property and is located opposite Hyde park. The excellent staff go over and above with the service they provide e.g always helping us with our infants pushchair whenever there are steps in the hotel, always kind and have a smile.

I reserved two rooms with a request to be interconnected, the staff said interconnecting rooms are subject to availability. When my family and I arrived the rooms where interconnected and upgraded ( waw ) I also arrived 4 and a half hours early which they sorted out the early check in (thanks Nicholas on reception for this).

The room service food was above average except for the lemon/lime sorbet which was the best I have tried alongside the Intercontinental Dubai Festival city. The in-room breakfast was good especially the Middle East option foul medamas and shakshuka.

I have no bad comments about this hotel.

Highly recommended hotel if you are looking for a five star hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Alshameri_Taiz,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at the InterContinental London Park Lane. It is evident that we have made a long lasting impression. I am truly delighted to see that you enjoyed the attentive service the team provided and the upgraded room upon your arrival.

The entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental London Park Lane the next time you visit London.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed here during Wimbledon last year. It was my first stay at the Interconti at Hyde Park and although I did not spend my time in my room (was a Wimbledon all day and then at the Ivy for dinner until late) I very much liked the hotel. The location is perfect and the rooms and service completely in-line with what I would expect from an Intercontinental hotel. Very stylish and nice classic decoration. Recommended for any trip to London!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Dear TheoGlobe Trotter,

Thank you for sending us your kind feedback and for choosing InterContinental London Park Lane for your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that our service and facilities met your expectations.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we sincerely hope you will afford us another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed with my family in this hotel in July. I had stayed here before the renovations took place. The location of this hotel is unbeatable, but saying that there are similar or higher range of hotels nearby.
As i was checkin quite early, I had requested that if possible they can give me the room. I called the hotel around 11am and spoke to front office. The person replied that the room was ready and I could checkin. When I arrived with my wife and son about a hour later, I was informed that the room was not ready. I was a bit surprised and informed them that I was informed by your front office manager that the room was ready. So we left the luggage in the hotel and went out. Later in the evening when we were back the luggage was sent to our room already. Decent size suite. The room was beautiful with a small balcony and beautiful view. The problem was regarding the T.V and voice mail on the phone. If you retrieved the message from the phone, the T.V will switch on and it was not possible to delete the message or go to the T.V channels. They were able to rectify this the next day when I spoke in a high tone. But the problem of the T.V remote continued. If the either of the T.V was operated the T.V in the other room would also be operational. The other thing that the size of the T.V in the living room is small for the size.
I would like to to really appreciate the Club lounge staff in particular Bruno, Leona and the German gentleman, I forget his name. They were very helpful and the service rendered was amazing. Also the other staff were equally nice and helpful.
The concierge in particular Joseph was very friendly and helpful. He was able to book great restaurants and also ensure special diets were met. Only one problem was, we were informed that there was a booking for us at the Mahiki club, but when we arrived, were told that there we were not on the guest list. eventually they let us in, bit it was quite embarassing and also annoying to wait and request the person in the entrance to let us in.
We were not able to inform the concierge the next day, as it was Sunday and I was unable to find anyone. There was a communication gap and thus the confusion.
Overall the hotel is beautiful and the staff are very polite and helpful.

1  Thank Apurva M

Dear Apurva M,

Thank you for your posting here on Trip Advisor.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay overall and that you got a chance to visit our Club Intercontinental. It is truly a great treat. I am also delighted that you found the service to be attentive and warm.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the TV in your guest room. What you experienced is not how it should operate and please be assured this matter has been shared with our Engineering team. We are currently reviewing our television operating system and your feedback has been noted as part of a wider review.

I would also like to thank you for commending our concierge team. Please accept our apologies for any miscommunication that had happened.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to InterContinental London Park Lane on your next visit to our wonderful city.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have spent significant time in London for both business and personal travel. I have stayed at many of the higher end hotels. Most recently my family I spent a few nights at the Intercon in London. I had booked 2 rooms, one with points another with cash.
From the moment we arrived we treated incredibly well (I am an ambassador gold member but I think they are the same with everyone) . The took care of all our needs.
The front desk staff were great. In fact one of them spent significant time find a room that would be perfect for my 2 boys. My wife and I ended up in a beautiful (although very small which is norm for London) corner room with a balcony overlooking the park. It was just amazing.
The entire concierge staff were great and made excellent recommendations and reservations. Doormen were all excellent.
Overall outstanding experience and I will be staying there again on us ones and pleasure

Dear Vahid O,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and your comments have been shared amongst the team.

Once again, thank you for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I spent 2 nights at the Intercontinental Park Lane while on business in London. I stayed here 4 nights a couple of years ago so I had some familiarity with the hotel. The hotel is superbly located with direct access to Hyde Park and a subway station, and within 5 to 10 minutes walking distance to some of the best shopping, dinning and sightseeing areas in London. As for the hotel services and other offerings, let me start with I did not like:
1. The room is a bit small for the rate I was charged.
2. Not enough light in the room
3. No complementary water bottles, even in the gym which had plastic cups and a cooler. Treadmill joggers will know how much of a pain this is.
4. I left my shoes outside for cleaning but they were not picked up. I did not call to inform reception about them, but in the best serviced hotels you don't have to.
5. Breakfast was disappointing, with only four cereal options and an odd selection of items for the buffet.
There was a lot to like about the hotel however
1. The room was tastefully decorated, clean and well organized.
2. Check in was seamless and quick, even though the hotel appeared to be quite busy.
3. The gym was quite well equipped (if somewhat dark) with lots of machine and even a toilet which I thought was a nice touch.
4. Concierge were very helpful and sorted out some bookings that i needed very quickly.
5. And perhaps most importantly, I pointed out the lighting and complementary water concern when i checked out and less than 24 hours later i got an email from the reception manager acknowledging these shortcomings and promising to do something about if for my next stay.

Room Tip: A view of Hyde Park. The hotel is large so if you don't want or cant walk a lot ask for somethin...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank yasser m

Dear yasser m,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us your review. I understand that our Reception Manager Dominic has already contacted you regarding the shortcomings you had experienced. Please be assured that this is not indicative of our usual standards. As Dominic mentioned on his email to you, we took notes of your preferences for your future stay with us.

Thank you once again for your review.

Kind regards,