2,434 results
All reviews close to hyde park bayswater road kensington gardens central line quiet street minute walk tube station heathrow express stayed here for nights twin room marble arch rooms are small breakfast was included bus stop full english breakfast tea coffee west end
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was not disappointed by my selection online of this property. Our good sized room was locatd on the first floor with no steps. The room was nicely appointed including iron, ironing board, teapot and tea service, in room safe and hair dryer. The bathroom was large and clean as was the room.
The staff was very friendly and always helpful answering my endless questions. The breakfast buffet was plentiful, hot and constantly maintained. We easily walked to underground and bus stations feeling very safe doing so even after dark.

Room tip: Ask for a room near to the elevator if you want no steps. We never heard a sound from the elevator.
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank mary108
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My room was nice near Hyde Park but do not get it confused with a larger Hotel called The Lancaster. The hotel staff was very good but the breakfast was just so so. I would stay again if I were going to London.

Room tip: I do not have a tip but my room was nice and the staff was very nice.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Deacon4561
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and were extremely happy with our choice of accommodation. The service was faultless and very helpful and friendly. We ordered room service twice and the meals were delivered quickly and the food was delicious. We also had the breakfast each morning and there was plenty of variety and it was well organised. The location was perfect. Within walking distance to Hyde Park and the underground, which made it very easy to get around London. It was a nice quiet area and the hotel itself was very quiet. The rooms were not too small and they were very clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting London and will stay here again next time we visit London.

Room tip: I chose the family room for myself and my daughter so that we would have plenty of room. The room consisted of a single and a double bed and we found it to be the size for us with two large suitcases.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Angelamyra
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Our stay in July 2014 was our 6th stay in this hotel. We selected it because it was provided good access to London sights with 4 bus routes and short strolls to three underground stations - Queensway, Lancaster Gate and Bayswater.
Rooms are of variable sizes but not too small, however there are steps to get to most rooms - some with up to 10 steps , some only 3.
Reception staff are very helpful, and when we asked for a room with no steps to it, we were given a room on the reception level with only 3 steps to it.
Breakfast is very good and is refreshed constantly. We like that you can order poached eggs freshly cooked.
Location of the hotel is one street back from Bayswater Road, so is quiet.
If you like walking, Hyde Park is just across Bayswater Road, Marble Arch is a brisk 15 minute walk, and a few more minutes and you're in Oxford Street with access to great shopping in Regent Street and the theater district.
The many restaurants in Queensway cater for reasonable meals, and it is a short stroll to Portabello Road.
If you are looking for slight;y more up-market dining go to Craven Road, where there are many small restaurants to chose from.
The hotel happily accepts your luggage for storage if you are venturing to the country and returning a few days or weeks later. For GBP1 per day per bag, we stored some items there for up to three weeks while we toured UK.
Free WiFi is not offered and the hotel's WiFi rates are high. We used free WiFi in the coffee shops in Queensway.

Room tip: Ask for rooms with fewer steps to them.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rowan B
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was in this hotel on July 2014, and gave a room in the basement, wiht bars on the windows, and at 6 o´clock in the morning an insoportable noise of the troleys of the laundry, the next day they changed me to another room, without air conditioned.
The breakfast is so horrible, I dont go to this hotel ever again

• Trip type: Travelled on business