“shocking”

melbourne
“shocking”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights from the 7th of April 2014
I don't really have any positive feedback to report. This hotel was booked online and with most web sites La Suite West only shows the most spacious and beautiful bedrooms on their site. The truth is that a deluxe standard bedroom is so small you can't open your suitcase. There is also very little wardrobe room to hang your clothes. We were located in room 012 on the ground floor with a window that could not be opened and blinds that could not be pulled up! So no natural light what so ever. The noise was so loud it felt like a plane was landing nearby. In actual fact it was the AC unit out side. We complained to the reception and asked the duty manager to come down and judge for himself. He was quite embarrassed to say the least.
We protested and asked to be moved immediately and after checking he mentioned that only the "basement" rooms were available. The basement!! Please at a "5" hotel. Are they for real!!!
We reluctantly stayed that night in our room and after long trip from Australia not able to sleep that night due to the noise was very annoying.
The next day after complaining again to reception we asked them to move us to a room on the first floor. This was granted at the end of that day, but to a room smaller than the one we had!

Even though the location of this hotel is close to the tube it is located in a street with only guest houses, and hotels. So very noisy at anytime of the day/night
Don’t go there for any rest. The hotel is also overly designed and not practical at all. Dark walls, ceiling and floors with low level lighting do not make “good” design.
Well there it is. It’s the worst hotel I have ever stayed in…..

Room Tip: don't go there!! they are all bad
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
8 Thank PRadorelesvacances
La_Suite_West, General Manager at La Suite West - Hyde Park, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear famillerodais,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

I was sorry to learn that your expectations were not met, and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you; if it is convenient to contact me I would be very grateful, but if time does not allow, I fully understand.

I very look forward to hearing from you.

Francesco[at]lasuitehotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I have stayed in LSW for the third time. The location is very central and a love the neighborhood. We stayed in a suite. Very spacious and we love the dark colors & corridors in the hotel. Litlle fridge & coffee service is great! The tube is just 2 minutes away and will get you everywhere in a fast way. The staff good do a lot better to make this a true 5 star experience. We will return in June ... again :-). Ground floor & main road rooms are very noisy. Try to book something at the back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
La_Suite_West, General Manager at La Suite West - Hyde Park, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Anne,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and I hope you had a good journey back home following your stay with us.

I was delighted to read that this was your third stay at La Suite West, however, I was a disappointed that on this occasion we could have done better.

As you know, La Suite West is situated in a very vibrant and buzzy area with a variety of shops and restaurants and therefore with plenty of activity for all tastes. Having said that, I would be grateful if you could contact me direct when you plan to stay with us next, and we shall do our very best to offer you a room located in a more quiet area of the hotel.

I was of course disappointed and surprised to learn that my team did not meet your expectations; as you would have seen from other reviewers my team is always considered to be an asset and the fact that we could have done better leaves us eager to understand what happened and what we could have done to make your stay much more enjoyable.
On this note, I would appreciate if you could contact me to discuss this in more detail, however, if time does not allow I will understand.

Anne, thank you once again for choosing La Suite West and we look forward to welcoming you back for the fourth time in the not too distant future.

Paris, France
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We had a very good impression of La Suite West. It is a beautiful, minimalist hotell with very good service and friendly staff, who take their time to show the room and explain its functions. We had one of the suites wich was lovely with nice view on the terrace. It really felt like a luxury break where we could relax and rest (georgeous bathroom!). Didn't really want to leave to explore London :) We travelled with our baby and got nice extra attention. We liked the situation just in front of Kensington Gardens and Notting Hill. Found many nice pubs and coffea shops in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Cecilia,

Thank you for such a great review.

Your comments were a delight to read and I shall personally share these with my team...so 5 star to us and 5 star to you!

Please come back and visit us soon!

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Location is perfect - close to Notting Hill and Hyde Park. I personally liked the decor and styling - sleek and minimalist without being cold. The staff were super and friendly!

I tried some of the RAW nibbles and they were delicious.

The only downside was that my room had one window which could not be opened because it was behind the bed (?!!?) although the heated floor in the bathroom made up for it! Staying again next week and already booked a table at RAW!

See you again soon!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Englishguy85,

Thank you for choosing to stay at La Suite West and your feedback was a pleasure to read.
A real shame you did not try our RAW restaurant with all its raw and vegan delicacies...a good excuse to return and visit us soon I guess.

Until then all best!

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I love it's style! Friendly staff and great location. The tube and park are within easy walking distance, in a very popular area. It also has a popular restaurant. Try to avoid the ground floor as it's quite noisy.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Oxfordmartyn
Dear Oxfordmartyn,

You definition of La Suite West as a "Great hotel" made our day!! So, please don't wait too long to return and visit us again as we want give you another "great stay"...

All the best,

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at La Suite West for one night whilst on business in the area. I was offered a free upgrade which was much appreciated! Pleasant staff and very stylish but, admittedly, rather gloomy surroundings. The room I was offered, no 016 on the ground floor, was luxurious and equally functional. The bed, a modern four poster, was oh so comfortable. The hotel is very conveniently located close to the Bayswater tube station, maybe too close come to think about it as you can hear the carriages running underneath the hotel. Having said that, I slept through the night beautifully! The breakfast - I had the healthy choice- was lovely and nicely presented. I would certainly recommend this hotel and I will be returning. Thank you very much!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Aikaterini R
Dear Aikaterini,

Thank you for staying with us and for recommending us.

Glad to see that you enjoyed our beds, in fact, I could not agree more on this...I have tried them myself and yes as you said, the "oh so comfortable..." is the best way to describe them, a good excuse to do it all over again!

See you soon,

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed here for two nights whilst in London, we had a suite (room 8) which was clean, spacious and aesthetically pleasing. I had difficulty sleeping on the first night as the temperature was hard to regulate in our particular room, it either seemed too hot or too cold, by the second day I think we got used to it and slept fine.

Service was very good, all the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful, check in was fast and easy, we checked in just before midnight and the hotel still seemed very well staffed. We didn't try the restaurant, the menu did look appealing but we'd already made other plans for dining over the weekend so we declined, the mini-bar in our room was well stocked albeit very expensive, even for London standards (£3.50 for a small cereal bar). The hotel's in a great location just off of Bayswater, plenty of shops/cafes/restaurants nearby to suit everyone.

Overall I loved the aesthetic of the hotel, the attention to detail was strong but i did notice some fairly heavy signs of wear on the carpets and furniture throughout, not what I generally expect at this price point if I'm honest, although in no way did it lessen our experience in general.

Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Kenny,

Thank you for choosing to stay at La Suite West and we appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to read that most of your expectations were met; it's a shame that you did not try our RAW restaurant together with all its raw and vegan specialities and freshly prepared smoothies.

With regard to your comments signs of wear and tear, we are a relatively new hotel so I am surprised about your comments in relation to this; having said that, I will personally look into room 8 and action accordingly.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

All the best,