“Best Hotel in Bayswater”

La Suite West - Hyde Park
Ranked #448 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Atlanta
“Best Hotel in Bayswater”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Extremely convenient to the Bayswater and Queensway stations. Great residential area with awesome selection of restaurants, This is a very unique boutique hotel that is small and quaint. If you are accustomed to large conference type hotels, this hotel is not for you. The hallways and rooms are also very small, so if you are a large person, or require lots of room, then you should look elsewhere. Kudos to the bellhop, Ecco.

Room Tip: Stay away from basement rooms below restaurant or reception area as they are noisy with footsteps ov...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travelfun1181
La_Suite_West, General Manager at La Suite West - Hyde Park, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Travelfun1181,

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back,

La Suite West

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 May 2014

As the taxi driver pulled up to the main road leading to the hotel my heart was thumping quite fast. Please do not let this be a cheap hotel with horrible lighting and shared breakfast rooms tucked in the cellar. I was totally wrong. What greeted me was a smartly newly renovated Georgian house with a wonderful entrace and reception area. Very, very tastefully done, I must say. And great value for money.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a suite. Everything about the room was fabulous. If I could change one thing i...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MotherofTwoUbud
La_Suite_West, General Manager at La Suite West - Hyde Park, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear MotherofTwoUbud ,

Your review was a pleasure to read and made our day!
I was delighted to read that we exceeded your expectations and we very much look forward to doing so all over again when you return and visit us.

All the best,

Francesco[at]lasuitehotel.com
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The hotel is located in a very nice area with excellent proximity to 2 underground stations.
The staff were very warm and welcoming. The decor was very modern, chic and sophisticated, but in some ways style was taken over practicality.The roomdoors have no sound insulatiion, so you can easely here people passing in the allway.Bedroom is so small you can't open your suitcase.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Milica,

Thank you for your review of La Suite West.

While I appreciate that the hotel, the team and its location met your expectations, I was disappointed to learn of the inconvenience caused by other guests in corridors.

I would be grateful if you could contact me direct as and when you plan to visit London again, as I will personally ensure that your next stay with us will be a unique and memorable experience in every sense.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Francesco[at]lasuitehotel,com
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This hotel is very nice BUT too noisy. The roomdoors have no sound insulatiion, so you can easely here people passing in the allway. This problem is easy to solve. Guests from the hostel accross the street arrive loudly during the night every night.
Then the subway passes under the hotel: you feel the vibration coming more and more together with the noise, this until late at night and then its starts again in the early in the morning. We asked for a very quiet room ....

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Jacoba3333
La_Suite_West, General Manager at La Suite West - Hyde Park, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Anki,

Thank you for choosing to stay at La Suite West and we appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to read that you liked the hotel, but was sorry to learn of the noise issue as all our rooms have been designed to keep external sound to the minimum.

I hope this will not deter you from returning and we will make sure to allocate a more quiet room on your next stay with us.

melbourne
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights from the 7th of April 2014
I don't really have any positive feedback to report. This hotel was booked online and with most web sites La Suite West only shows the most spacious and beautiful bedrooms on their site. The truth is that a deluxe standard bedroom is so small you can't open your suitcase. There is also very little wardrobe room to hang your clothes. We were located in room 012 on the ground floor with a window that could not be opened and blinds that could not be pulled up! So no natural light what so ever. The noise was so loud it felt like a plane was landing nearby. In actual fact it was the AC unit out side. We complained to the reception and asked the duty manager to come down and judge for himself. He was quite embarrassed to say the least.
We protested and asked to be moved immediately and after checking he mentioned that only the "basement" rooms were available. The basement!! Please at a "5" hotel. Are they for real!!!
We reluctantly stayed that night in our room and after long trip from Australia not able to sleep that night due to the noise was very annoying.
The next day after complaining again to reception we asked them to move us to a room on the first floor. This was granted at the end of that day, but to a room smaller than the one we had!

Even though the location of this hotel is close to the tube it is located in a street with only guest houses, and hotels. So very noisy at anytime of the day/night
Don’t go there for any rest. The hotel is also overly designed and not practical at all. Dark walls, ceiling and floors with low level lighting do not make “good” design.
Well there it is. It’s the worst hotel I have ever stayed in…..

Room Tip: don't go there!! they are all bad
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
8 Thank PRadorelesvacances
La_Suite_West, General Manager at La Suite West - Hyde Park, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear famillerodais,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

I was sorry to learn that your expectations were not met, and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you; if it is convenient to contact me I would be very grateful, but if time does not allow, I fully understand.

I very look forward to hearing from you.

Francesco[at]lasuitehotel.com
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I have stayed in LSW for the third time. The location is very central and a love the neighborhood. We stayed in a suite. Very spacious and we love the dark colors & corridors in the hotel. Litlle fridge & coffee service is great! The tube is just 2 minutes away and will get you everywhere in a fast way. The staff good do a lot better to make this a true 5 star experience. We will return in June ... again :-). Ground floor & main road rooms are very noisy. Try to book something at the back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
La_Suite_West, General Manager at La Suite West - Hyde Park, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Anne,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and I hope you had a good journey back home following your stay with us.

I was delighted to read that this was your third stay at La Suite West, however, I was a disappointed that on this occasion we could have done better.

As you know, La Suite West is situated in a very vibrant and buzzy area with a variety of shops and restaurants and therefore with plenty of activity for all tastes. Having said that, I would be grateful if you could contact me direct when you plan to stay with us next, and we shall do our very best to offer you a room located in a more quiet area of the hotel.

I was of course disappointed and surprised to learn that my team did not meet your expectations; as you would have seen from other reviewers my team is always considered to be an asset and the fact that we could have done better leaves us eager to understand what happened and what we could have done to make your stay much more enjoyable.
On this note, I would appreciate if you could contact me to discuss this in more detail, however, if time does not allow I will understand.

Anne, thank you once again for choosing La Suite West and we look forward to welcoming you back for the fourth time in the not too distant future.

Paris, France
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We had a very good impression of La Suite West. It is a beautiful, minimalist hotell with very good service and friendly staff, who take their time to show the room and explain its functions. We had one of the suites wich was lovely with nice view on the terrace. It really felt like a luxury break where we could relax and rest (georgeous bathroom!). Didn't really want to leave to explore London :) We travelled with our baby and got nice extra attention. We liked the situation just in front of Kensington Gardens and Notting Hill. Found many nice pubs and coffea shops in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Cecilia,

Thank you for such a great review.

Your comments were a delight to read and I shall personally share these with my team...so 5 star to us and 5 star to you!

Please come back and visit us soon!