La Suite West - Hyde Park
US$305
US$263
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$215
The Belgrave(London)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$158
  • Bar/Lounge
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$108
galahotels.com
US$551
US$533
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbayswater tube stationhyde parkunderfloor heatingvegan afternoon teaheated floor in the bathroomdesign hotelfour posternotting hillcentral linerain showerkensington gardensbed was comfortablethe ground floorreception staffcooked breakfastfull englishmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at lots of hotels in London and this is actually the worst. I don't understand how the reviews are so good.
While other reviews say the hotel was dirty, I didn't experience this however the stay was not enjoyable.
In my opinion the hotel has been over designed, the rooms are so dark and there are these strange black shutters over the windows and they make you feel very claustrophobic (I never experience this) you get no natural light and can't see out. The staff have no personality and the hotel has no atmosphere what so ever. There's no bar and I also didn't think much of the surrounding area. Definitely wouldn't return. The bed was comfy but there was only a sheet and no duvet which was very cold in the night!

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank Natasha123_12
La_Suite_West, General Manager at La Suite West - Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Natasha,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to learn that the general housekeeping standards throughout the hotel met your expectations; however, I was disappointed to read that the interior design and the location did not meet your approval and that we could have delivered a more efficient and friendly check in, which I have taken note and shared with all those concerned.

La Suite West is located on a quiet street on the edge of London's magnificent Hyde Park and close to the West End and Paddington, and we are the minimalist and latest creation of famed British designer Anouska Hempel.

Ranked one of the world’s top 100 interior designers and architects, Anouska Hempel has also made a name for herself in landscape design and high fashion and has owned, designed, and managed several award-winning, luxury boutique hotels.

Our aesthetic takes the shape of a stark temple of black and white, where clean lines meet sharp angles and sculptural forms. A corridor of inky-black marble floors leads guests up to an unusually long white marble reception desk.

Finally, in the garden, crisp lines and sculptural forms that characterise the hotels interior are echoed in meticulously pruned plants, trees and hedges. Leading from the hotel RAW restaurant, food and alcohol free beverage service is available, weather permitting, to the health conscious traveller, making it the perfect location for mocktails or afternoon tea.

I hope we shall be afforded the opportunity of welcoming you back and would be grateful if you could contact me direct when you have a date in mind, so that I can personally oversee your future stay with us.

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have personally stayed at many hotels here in London and I have never seen such a disgusting service and rooms at any hotels. This boutique hotel is on various and even on Tablet Hotels which means they have the "fancy" element to the name. We stayed here for 11 nights and boked a Kensington Suite. Many problems came with the room, 1. balloons behind the sofa bed? Really? We stayed 1 night at that room and the air conditioning was working according to the reception, yet the was boiling hot. We had to upgrade and pay from our money due to the workers assuming that we are lying about the atmosphere. The Bathroom floors, towels and sink was literally disgusting with blood stains and marks and uncleaned spots. The hotel staff entered our room while the do not disturb sign was on and claimed that the room card wasn't in the slot. (I never take the room card with me I always leave it as I need the A/C working at all times) Please take note that all of our items were scattered around the room. When I talked to the manager, he told me that the card wasn't inserted in its slot, and the do not disturb sign was off and again they claim that I am lying. In our other room, we found another disgusting blood stain on the new bed sheets. I just cannot imagine the blood stains I have seen during one hotel stay. Oh, and the reception apparently doesn't ever care nor take notes to what you are saying except if you are like them. Which means this hotel staff is racist. Beware people and don't be fooled by the nice photos, the rooms are too small and even smaller that what they look like in the photos.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Labels O
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We spent one night here and wish it was longer. Received a free upgrade on arrival to a larger room, which was huge in comparison to the tiny rooms you often get in London. Simone at reception was very accommodating also and we felt instantly welcome. Breakfast was lovely and amenities in the room of a high standard. Only drawback - we had fancied a drink in the room but no mini bar or alcohol served for some reason. Not the end of the world though and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
La_Suite_West, General Manager at La Suite West - Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Charlotte,

Thank you for your lovely review.

Your comments were a pleasure to read and I was pleased to learn that Simone was accommodating and made you feel welcome. This is very important to us and please rest assured that I will personally share your kind comments with all those concerned.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

-Great location in the Paddington area, convenient for taking the Heathrow Express train and really close to two tube stations on the best lines to move around.
-Room very nicely decorated, with a kitchen sink and some glasses and cups, tea/coffee-making facilities and a small fridge, actually the mini-bar, but also useful to keep your own healthy eating items ;-)
-Absolutely spotless bathroom, towels and bed-linen.
-Newspaper delivered every morning.
-Really private/independent: an electric panel at the door shows whether you're in the room. If so, the cleaners will not disturb you and will come and do your room later.
-Only drawbacks: breakfast not included and a little noise from tube and some machine outside (air-conditioning?).

Room Tip: 202 was alright.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Tere G

Dear Tere,

Thank you for chosing to stay with us and we were delighted to read that all your expectations were met!

We hope to see you soon.

Kind regards,

La Suite West

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Waiting for a room to be ready for more than 2 hrs without any feed-back from the reception is certainly not a 4* standard, and management explaining that it is not its fault if guests have exceeded the check-out time is not acceptable.

On several occasions rooms in higher categories where offered for an extra fee and would appear as a marketing strategy.

Anyone expecting prime quality service should probably avoid this property.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Frederic C
La_Suite_West, General Manager at La Suite West - Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Federic,

Thank you for choosing to stay at La Suite West and for taking the time to review us
I was sorry to learn that your expectations were not met.

Our check in time is 2pm, nevertheless, we aim to check in all our guests promptly as soon as they arrive to the hotel, independent of the time of arrival. Unfortunately, this is not always possible in particular when guests arrive early in the morning and the room category booked is not available. When this happens we inform the guests of the situation and we offer to store their luggage with us, allowing them to continue with their plans.

I understand that you arrived at around 9.40 in the morning and the room you had booked for was not available. This was entirely beyond our control and as a result, you were offered to upgrade to a Suite by paying a supplement as this was the only option available; I am sorry that this did not meet your approval and would like to reassure you that it is not a "marketing strategy". My colleagues did all they could to "speed things up" and despite the room you had booked still not being available on your return at 11.30am, I was glad to learn that we were able to upgrade you to a Suite with our compliments, and really hope this goodwill gesture will go at some length to restore your confidence in us.

Federic, I hope we shall be afforded the opportunity of welcoming you back at some stage in the near future, and in the meantime, if I may be of further assistance whatsoever, please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Best,