“not Hilton, but good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #218 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Staines, United Kingdom
“not Hilton, but good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

We stayed there for one night (weekend stay with dinner and breakfast)
This hotel will be joining the DoubleTree by Hilton brand in Spring 2013. So there were workers during the day (9-18).
PROS:Very close to underground station (then apx 20 minutes to the centrum), big TV, clean room, good buffet breakfast, better from inside than outside
CONS: wifi - 12 pounds a day, disorganized staff (there was a party during our stay so we had to wait to order dinner almost 30 min), cold in restaurant, dinner (looked like they just put it to microwave to make it hot)
But i hope that after the refurbishment is finished it will be first class and i would go back to see it.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RLEIK, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this review, 10 January 2013
Dear Lydkaq

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our guests. I am happy to note that overall you enjoyed your stay at The London Ealing Hotel.

Ilhan Kose

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012 via mobile

We were directed here by the BBC, as my wife was taking part in a television programme. The rooms are rather dishevelled and bathrooms in need of refurbishing. The shower leaked all night.
Although my club sandwich was very nice and not overpriced, the staff refused to provide any facilities to heat a bottle for my 4 month old daughter, who is too good to scream the place down in protest.

I would never stay here again as I feel that failing to provide basic services for parents of young children is unforgivable in hospitality services!

• Stayed December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BlazeFalconburger
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012 via mobile

Endemol put me up in this hotel after filming a quiz at Television Centre. My first impressions of the outside were "council block" but once inside it was very nice indeed. The reception and bar area were well kept and the staff were ever so helpful.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Therealmarkrodgers

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

I just stayed one night at this hotel and have no real complaints.The staff were friendly,courteous and efficient and my room was acceptable though in need of a little redecorating.The television impressed me as it was a large flat screen as opposed to the old fashioned ones found in many hotels.I had fish and chips in the restaurant for dinner and the staff were very courteous and efficient.The breakfast was the standard help your self buffet but was very nice.The hotel was very quiet and I spent a good night.I would definitely recommend this hotel and after the refurbishment is finished it will be first class.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Dear Val-Edson1

Bowness on Windermere
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

First time here. Just stayed for one night while on business. The staff are very friendly, helpful, and able. On arrival the reception staff couldn't have made me feel more welcome. I was allocated a 'studio' room, which I think was a little larger than the standard ones. The room was clean, well stocked with toiletries and towels. I had tea and coffee making facilities, a hair dryer and an iron and ironing board. There was a nice big television.

It is obvious the hotel needs upgrading, which is going on at the moment, to be finished, I believe by the spring of 2013.

After a long journey I wasn't very hungry, but the scallops starter I had was one of the best I have tasted. And not expensive by London prices.

The breakfast is a buffet, with all the components of a full English. Or you could have cold meats, fruit or cereal. Tea and Coffee cups were refilled on request. The dining room staff are cheerful and efficient.

I slept well, and enjoyed my stay.

I will have no hesitation in using this hotel again.

Room Tip: I would opt for an upgrade to a studio room as they are more spacious