“Very clean and friendly hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing
Ranked #256 of 1,069 Hotels in London
England
“Very clean and friendly hotel”
Reviewed 14 December 2012

I visited the London Ealing Hotel with two lady friends last Friday the 7th December 2012. We booked three single rooms for the one night as we had theatre tickets booked. The reception was very friendly and we were made to feel very welcome. The rooms were on the 5th floor and had been recently refurbished. They were all spotlessly clean and of a generous size. There was a huge flat-screen tv and coffee machine with generous pods of various types, together with kettle and tea etc. The bathroom was beautiful. The only problem we found was with the airconditioning which we had problems turning down. The rooms were very hot but as these rooms were roadside the traffic was very loud with the window open. However, I do understand that this was a temporary problem which is being rectified.
The breakfast is super with a huge variety of choices from the full english to fruit, cereals, toast etc. Be warned that the coffee does tend to be very strong!
There is a very nice bar area with comfortable seats.
Would certainly recommend this hotel and although it is quite a way out of central London it is easily reachable by tube on the District Line and is only a few minutes walk from Ealing Common Tube Station.
A special "thank you" to Anupreet for making our trip just that little bit special.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Cas123England
RLEIK, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this review, 10 January 2013
Dear Cas123England

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our guests. I am happy to note that overall you enjoyed your stay at The London Ealing Hotel.

Please be assured that your comments will be shared with Anupreet and the Team.

Ilhan Kose

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Staines, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2012

We stayed there for one night (weekend stay with dinner and breakfast)
This hotel will be joining the DoubleTree by Hilton brand in Spring 2013. So there were workers during the day (9-18).
PROS:Very close to underground station (then apx 20 minutes to the centrum), big TV, clean room, good buffet breakfast, better from inside than outside
CONS: wifi - 12 pounds a day, disorganized staff (there was a party during our stay so we had to wait to order dinner almost 30 min), cold in restaurant, dinner (looked like they just put it to microwave to make it hot)
But i hope that after the refurbishment is finished it will be first class and i would go back to see it.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Lydkaq

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2012 via mobile

We were directed here by the BBC, as my wife was taking part in a television programme. The rooms are rather dishevelled and bathrooms in need of refurbishing. The shower leaked all night.
Although my club sandwich was very nice and not overpriced, the staff refused to provide any facilities to heat a bottle for my 4 month old daughter, who is too good to scream the place down in protest.

I would never stay here again as I feel that failing to provide basic services for parents of young children is unforgivable in hospitality services!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank BlazeFalconburger
Reviewed 28 November 2012 via mobile

Endemol put me up in this hotel after filming a quiz at Television Centre. My first impressions of the outside were "council block" but once inside it was very nice indeed. The reception and bar area were well kept and the staff were ever so helpful.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Therealmarkrodgers

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2012

I just stayed one night at this hotel and have no real complaints.The staff were friendly,courteous and efficient and my room was acceptable though in need of a little redecorating.The television impressed me as it was a large flat screen as opposed to the old fashioned ones found in many hotels.I had fish and chips in the restaurant for dinner and the staff were very courteous and efficient.The breakfast was the standard help your self buffet but was very nice.The hotel was very quiet and I spent a good night.I would definitely recommend this hotel and after the refurbishment is finished it will be first class.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Dear Val-Edson1

Bowness on Windermere
Reviewed 26 November 2012

First time here. Just stayed for one night while on business. The staff are very friendly, helpful, and able. On arrival the reception staff couldn't have made me feel more welcome. I was allocated a 'studio' room, which I think was a little larger than the standard ones. The room was clean, well stocked with toiletries and towels. I had tea and coffee making facilities, a hair dryer and an iron and ironing board. There was a nice big television.

It is obvious the hotel needs upgrading, which is going on at the moment, to be finished, I believe by the spring of 2013.

After a long journey I wasn't very hungry, but the scallops starter I had was one of the best I have tasted. And not expensive by London prices.

The breakfast is a buffet, with all the components of a full English. Or you could have cold meats, fruit or cereal. Tea and Coffee cups were refilled on request. The dining room staff are cheerful and efficient.

I slept well, and enjoyed my stay.

I will have no hesitation in using this hotel again.

Room Tip: I would opt for an upgrade to a studio room as they are more spacious