“Recommended hotel”

“Recommended hotel”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights.
Fully positive feedback.
Clean, updated and functional rooms, though on the small-ish side, with comfortable bed and good shower.
Friendly and professional international staff.
Busy but not noisy.
Comprehensive breakfast buffet.
Good wifi connection.
A little out of the way for central London destinations, but located across the street from a park, in a quiet neighbourhood with perfectly accessible Tube station within a 3 minutes' walk.
Good value for money: recommended!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Matthew W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear VFitaly,

Thank you for your lovely feedback after your visit with us here at the hotel.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Matt Williams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
london, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Fantastic stay at this hotel. As many have reviewed previously, the rooms were a tad on the small side but very comfortable, modern and clean. The extremely close proximity to Ealing Common tube made it very easy to get into Central London. Also for the price this hotel couldn't be faulted.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear William M,

Thank you for posting your feedback following your recent stay with us at the hotel.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your visit and hope to be able to welcome you back when you are next in the area.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Nice hotel and close to the Underground station for easy connections to city centre and airport. My room was small though it was quite cute with a nice bathroom. Breakfast was very good. Internet speeds in the room was not as fast I expected

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Member,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your stay.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back again shortly.

Ripon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Great location, 2 or 3 minutes from tube station and 25 mins direct to city on Piccadilly line. Very clean and comfortable rooms (A little on the small side) Very friendly and competent staff. Good food competitively priced. Great breakfast! We'll be back

Room Tip: We just had basic room which was a little small. If that's a problem upgrade to a larger room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear 323Stewart_M,

Thank you for posting your comments following your recent stay with us here at the Doubletree by Hilton London Ealing.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again shortly.

Roma, Italy
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I was surprised with the overal quality of this hotel. Especially in that area. I will return. Thanks for the great stay. The room is warm, simple and clean. The front desk personal very helpful and professional. Check-in and check-out timing quite fast. good quality level food Breakfast and Lunch.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Stefano C,

Thank you for leaving your comments following your recent stay with us.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Kind regards

Pune, India
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I visited the Doubletree by Hilton in Ealing, London last September when I was travelling on work. I found the location super convenient with the Ealing North tube station being just a stone's throw away. En route there are convenience stores and cafes that serve decent food.

The hotel itself is a typical Euro budget hotel. The rooms and bathrooms are tiny but super clean. The double room feels tinier since the queen size bed, though comfortable, eats into a lot of the room space. This leaves precious little room for any luggage. The twin rooms (with two separate beds) are slightly larger and therefore better.

The staff is courteous and will be happy to help you but please note that almost everything outside the package that you opt for is chargeable, including asking for help with putting the luggage in the rooms.

Our package included breakfast and free internet (the latter a matter of negotiation mostly and the massive number of rooms we occupied). The breakfast spread is nothing to write home about and is just about adequate. Food quality though is very good. There is a convenience dispenser that provides basic stuff like toothbrushes, razors, aspirins, toothpaste, and even travel adaptors, etc. on the third floor.

There is a small business centre as well where you can access the Net freely if you are a guest at the hotel.

We stayed there for nearly 10 days and found it quite pleasant. Recommended for business trips and short budget vacations if you are a couple. Don't choose this if you're travelling as a family (read, with kids).

The only disadvantage is that Ealing is quite a distance from central London and you will end up spending a lot of your time travelling back and forth.

Room Tip: Choose the twin room, even though it might be inconvenient if you're a couple travelling on holi...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear AnindaS,

Thank you for taking the time o post your comments following your recent ten night stay with us here at the hotel.

I am glad to read that on a whole you enjoyed the time you spent with us. We hope to welcome your group back whenever you are next in the area.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Booked here to be close to the tube, which it was. The room was incredibly small, too small for two people. No where to put a case, had to put mine on floor at corner of bed which meant I had to step over it all the time. Must be said though that the room was nice. The worst thing about my stay was the fact that the fire alarm went off for nearly 20 mins at 21.20 in the evening which was a massive problem for me as I am on Hong Kong time and that was 04.20 AM body clock time and therefore I was asleep at the time. I could not get back to sleep after that so I was awake from 21.20 and had a full day ahead of me the following day. When I checked out I asked for that nights refund as I was disturbed , the duty manager told me he couldn't as I had paid for my stay via a third party so he couldn't arrange a refund. I think a complementary one night stay should have been offered. I was really tired the whole next day and very disappointed.

Another review on another website also mentioned a false fire alarm.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank attok7
Dear attok7,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback after your recent stay with us.

I was glad that you enjoyed the decoration of the room but I am sorry that you found it a little small.

The fire alarm had sounded on that night as a break glass had been broken by a guest. I would say that it would be classed as a problematic fire alarm if it did not sound at that point rather than going into evacuation mode as it is designed to do. I can only apologise for the behaviour of another guest and not the fire alarm as it merely sounded due to their selfish act. I am sorry that you were unable to go back to sleep after this disappointing action.

We do hope that it did not deter from your stay too much and hope that you will return whenever you are next in London.