“Wembley and London weekend”

DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing
Ranked #252 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 December 2013

A very welcoming hotel where staff made us very welcome and welcomed our feedback. Easy access to the underground train station and a ride into London. Staff very friendly and attentive plus helpful with directions to Wembley (bus stops outside the hotel and Wembley Arena) as well as to central London. The room we had was very clean and well equipped so was satisfactory. However, it was a bit on the small side. The location was ideal for our trip which took in both Wembley Arena and central London. Easy access from North and with a secure car park on site so yes we would stay here again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Standard double room on the small side and we had a shower only in ours.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Matthew W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Jonathan P,

Thank you for posting your review after your stay with us here at the Doubletree by Hilton London Ealing.

I am delighted that you had a good time and made full use of our close location to both Wembley and Central London.

We all look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Matt Williams

Write a ReviewReviews (2,048)

Reviewed 25 December 2013

I wrote test the first day on the mirror and after 7 days it was still on it... our finger prints has stayed a whole week on the flush knob tiny bathroom small bed I'm 1m 80 and I felt like a giant... Expensive... but frendly people and a good cookie but I won't stay there again

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
2  Thank Jonathan V
Matthew W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Jonathan V,

Thank you for taking the time to leave you feedback after your stay with us. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the experience and in particular found our housekeeping standards lapse. I am sure you can see for all our other reviews this is normally one of our strengths along with our customer service - thank you for your kind words regarding our team.

Our beds are standard sized beds so I am suprised to read that you 'felt like a giant'. Being the same height and staying in the hotel numerous times I have never had the same feeling. However I am sorry if this was the case for you.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 December 2013

A nice hotel with easy access to the underground train station. Staff very friendly and welcoming. The room was clean n pleasant. Only thing it was a bit small for a double room. But I like the location and would stay here next time.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Member,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that you had an enjoyable visit and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Just returned from a 2-night stay. Having stayed in some very average places when visiting London this was a breath of fresh air.

The location, although not in Central London, is ideal for anybody spending some time there. Ealing Common Underground Station is a short distance away from the hotel.

The first impression of the hotel does not do it justice. It appears to have had a complete transformation.

I was greeted by Jorge. I had previously only intended to stay for 1 night but had extended it to 2. Due to price I had 2 separate reservations. Having e-mailed the hotel Shama had replied and stated that she would leave a note with the first one. Had she ? She had. Jorge explained what I would have to do to keep the same room and assured me that I would not have to move (as promised). The check-in was completed....with the hot chocolate cookie. What a great touch !

The room had everything I needed. I can't think of anything else that you would want. All modern, very clean bathroom spotless.

I have noticed some comments that breakfast was nothing special. I would like someone to tell me what was missing !!

So in summary - Efficient friendly staff, modern clean room, extensive menu breakfast.

Would I come here again ? It's a definite YES from me and I would not hesitate to recommend it to others.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank malcolmd807
Matthew W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear Malcolm D,

Thank you for leaving your comments after your recent two night stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable experience from start to finish.

Thank you for recommending us to others and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times in its previous life as a Ramada but this was my first stay since it's refurbishment to a Doubletree and they have made a great job of transforming it. The bar area and Restuarant is really well equipped, the rooms are really well furnished and equipped with room safes, great size tv's and even Nespresso coffee makers. The staff are really helpful and friendly as well.tube access to London is nearby and if in your car good access out ofLondon via the A40. Unlike all of my previous visits, which were on business this was a social trip, it was a good decision and we will be back.

Dear MickReynolds,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review after your stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit and that you approve of our recent refurbishment.

We look forward to seeing you back in the hotel for your return stay.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

A veryconvenient location close to Ealing Common underground (5mins) and Ealing Broadway station (15 min walk). Local shops and restaurants close by. Very convenient location to visit London attractions. The hotel was decorated to a modern standard. The bedrooms are of high standard with all mod cons especially the Nespresso coffee machine and pods - what luxury. All the staff were attentive and helpful. The breakfast was the usual Hilton standard. Would stay again next time we stay in London.

Dear 19happydays,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review after your recent stay with us at the hotel.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the experience and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever you are next in the area.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Stayed there for a weekend and loved it. Knowing the area well, I knew there would be plenty of restaurants and bars nearby, the Underground (Ealing Common) a 2-Minute walk away, Trains (Ealing Broadwa) perhaps 10 Minute walk. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the previous lacklustre Ramada hotel had been spruced up really nicely - the exterior still looks abit lacklustre, but the interior is new, modern and quite stylish.

When I arrived at lunchtime, a room was ready. Having booked the most simple room, it was a bit on the small side. Bed was also slightly small yet perfectly adequate and very comfortable, with nice fresh bedlinen. Although the hotel is on a busy road intersection, it is relatively well soundproofed. Everything in the room is spotlessly clean, new, and modern. Bathroom was spotless. A particularly nice touch are the Nespresso machines in the rooms as well as the cookie on arrival - as well as the very charming and helpful front of house.

I couldn't fault anything and will almost certainly return.

Room Tip: Rooms out to the back offer a slightly prettier view - the front faces onto the North Circular. Grea...

Dear Anja-Superlekker,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us here at the Doubletree by Hilton London Ealing.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the experience and approve of our recent £10 million refurbishment and brand change.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future.