“Pleasant stay at this hotel slightly out of the city”

DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing
Ranked #240 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Cambridge
“Pleasant stay at this hotel slightly out of the city”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed at this Hotel late December last year whilst attending a wedding at Kew Gardens. The hotel was a few minutes walk from Ealing Common underground station and quite easy to find (walk out of the station cross the road and go left - pretty hard to miss) We had a really good discount on the hotels published price as we booked as two couples and naturally this impacts on my view of the hotel. The reception was well manned with polite staff and we were given a yummy cookie to take to the room. The rooms we received where nicely furnished if a bit smaller than some of the rooms we have had at other hotels, certainly smaller than the average Premier Inn but they had a nice en-suite bathroom and a big bed and were certainly comfortable enough. We paid for the breakfast separately which was a bit on the expensive side for the level of service we where afforded. I like fried egg with my full English and was sat waiting for a bit of time with my breakfast selection going cold as I was forgotten and had to ask twice as these are cooked on demand and have to be asked for. The other members of the party were happy with their scrambled eggs which was on offer with the other nicely cooked breakfast items. AS an aside the taxi cost one way for four people sharing of the two separate cabs we ordered to take us too and from Kew gardens was fifteen pounds. Remember to have the full address of the destination for the cab Sat Nav however as we didn't and it did cause a few problems :) Overall the Double Tree was a good choice for our weekend but considering the half hour tube trip required to the Hotel I would hesitate to pay the full price as displayed in the reception should I make a similar trip again.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be to the same standard and the window views nothing special.
2 Thank stingytownman
Matthew W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear stingytownman,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback after your stay with us so that you could attend a wedding at nearby Kew Gardens.

It seems that on a whole you enjoyed the experience with the exception of the fact that we have overlooked your egg order at breakfast. I am sorry that this happened.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future so that we can offer you another enjoyable stay and we will get your eggs to you in a timely manner.

Matt Williams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Really clean and tidy hotel. Would stay again. Not ideal for central london events but easy enough to get about being only a few minutes from tube and bus.
Breakfast was nice but a little cold. Some guests were offered extras to cook to order (poached egg etc) I only overheard this conversation on another table. Would have been nice to have been asked.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear 19rm81,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback after your recent stay with us.

I am glad to read that on a whole you enjoyed the experience. I am sorry that you were not offered freshly cooked eggs at breakfast. I will make sure that this is not a common fault that we have with our service.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind regards

dorset united kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for one night on new years eve. The hotel was beautiful and the room was very nice. But by far the best part of our stay was the very pleasant and friendly staff.
Thank you and I shall return if I am in the area and would also recommend to others.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear kelly G,

Thank you for posting your feedback after your stay with us at the hotel.

I am delighted that you had a good experience and that the hotel looked after you.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2013

First the good. Friendly staff, pleasant room, quiet location and comfortable bed.

Next the bad. Stayed four nights from 23rd December. After one night leaflet put through door to say there would not be full housekeeping service Christmas Day and Boxing Day. No mention of this when my son booked it for me and at check in. It is the first time ever I have come back to a hotel and not had bed made and bathroom cleaned! They did put fresh towels out and on my request replenished tea, milk etc. The receptionist told me that staff need to celebrate Christmas as well! Well sorry to mention it but this is a hotel offering a service at full price. I think it was more to do with saving enhanced wages! There was no reduction for lack of this service until we expressed our view strongly at checkout.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Matthew W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Madhatter001,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review after your festive stay with us.

I am sorry that you have left the hotel with mixed feelings due to the fact your room did not receive a full service. I understand that you were offered this service by the Manager on Duty as we did have limited housekeeping staff on shift but this offer was not taken up. I trust that the reduction in the price you paid duly made up for the disappointment.

We hopefully can look forward to welcoming you back on a return stay.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

A very welcoming hotel where staff made us very welcome and welcomed our feedback. Easy access to the underground train station and a ride into London. Staff very friendly and attentive plus helpful with directions to Wembley (bus stops outside the hotel and Wembley Arena) as well as to central London. The room we had was very clean and well equipped so was satisfactory. However, it was a bit on the small side. The location was ideal for our trip which took in both Wembley Arena and central London. Easy access from North and with a secure car park on site so yes we would stay here again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Standard double room on the small side and we had a shower only in ours.
Dear Jonathan P,

Thank you for posting your review after your stay with us here at the Doubletree by Hilton London Ealing.

I am delighted that you had a good time and made full use of our close location to both Wembley and Central London.

We all look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Oudenburg, Belgium
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I wrote test the first day on the mirror and after 7 days it was still on it... our finger prints has stayed a whole week on the flush knob tiny bathroom small bed I'm 1m 80 and I felt like a giant... Expensive... but frendly people and a good cookie but I won't stay there again

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

2 Thank Jonathan V
Dear Jonathan V,

Thank you for taking the time to leave you feedback after your stay with us. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the experience and in particular found our housekeeping standards lapse. I am sure you can see for all our other reviews this is normally one of our strengths along with our customer service - thank you for your kind words regarding our team.

Our beds are standard sized beds so I am suprised to read that you 'felt like a giant'. Being the same height and staying in the hotel numerous times I have never had the same feeling. However I am sorry if this was the case for you.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 December 2013

A nice hotel with easy access to the underground train station. Staff very friendly and welcoming. The room was clean n pleasant. Only thing it was a bit small for a double room. But I like the location and would stay here next time.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Member,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that you had an enjoyable visit and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards