“New Year's eve stay”

Ranked #238 of 1,067 Hotels in London
A TripAdvisor Member
“New Year's eve stay”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Not a lot of time was spent at the hotel because as soon as we checked in we were off into London to see a concert. We got back at 3am in the morning and were unfortunately woken up at 9.30am by the fire alarm which turned out to be nothing but obviously we had to congregate out in the carpark. But in the short amount of time we spent there staff were very curtious and helpful. Indeed when we checked into our room it reaked of smoke and we were very quickly given another smoke free room. Incidentally, the hotel is a non smoking hotel. The hotel is very conveniently located to the tube station and it does not take long to get in to London. Could not fault the hotel in the few hours that we spent there, most of which were sleeping! Would recommend and use again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Matthew W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Member,

Thank you for posting your feedback following your recent stay.

I am sorry that you were initially given a room that smelt of smoke. As you pointed out we are a non smoking hotel so not sure how this happened. I am glad that we rectified it for you quickly.

We did have a fire alarm on the day of your check out. Although annoying that you were disturbed I am sure you agree that they serve a life saving purpose.

I am glad that you mentioned you will return again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Matt Williams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tooting, London, UK
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed for 3 nights at the hotel, but we got a room (510) which was barely big enough for one person let alone 2, and the bed was also very small for two adults. The bathroom was so small that I have blue marks on both elbows from banging into the door handle going in and coming out. But the hotel is very clean and very modern, but the space in the rooms is ridiculous. You have nowhere to put your suitcase unless you fancy falling over it, and there is no comfy chair to sit on. The air cond unit had an extremely loud whistling sound coming from it, which was very annoying during the night.
The staff were very nice and helpful duing both check in and check out, and the chocolate chip cookie was delicious, but I don't think we'll be back as the rooms and beds are just too small for comfort + you get no perks from being a HH member.

Room Tip: If you are staying for more than one night and two people sharing, don't stay in Room 510!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Charlotte1512
Dear Charlotte1512,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your stay with us.

I am sorry that you were unhappy with the size of your bedroom and bathroom.

I do hope that the cleanliness and service went some way to make up for your distress at the room size.

Thank you again for leaving your feedback.

Poole
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed on a Thursday night a few weeks before Christmas. For various reasons I arrived at the hotel at 6am before check-in. Parking in the car park (chargeable) I decided to see if I could leave my case as I knew it would be a very late night. Front Desk were very helpful and I found myself checked-in to my room a few minutes later!

The hotel is quite recently refurbished as a Hilton, and so everything is still new and shiny. The room was great, bed very comfortable, nice coffee machine and a decent sized TV. The wifi is a chargeable extra, but the room was far less than other London hotels (£90 for 1 night) so I would expect that. Also there is 4G available so I was getting great bandwidth to my mobile anyway!

Ealing Common tube station is 2 minutes walk away and is served by Piccadilly and District Lines. The hotel is well served by road, just off the North Circular. I guess the only slight drawback is if you are in central London and want to come back after the tube shuts the cab ride is quite expensive. I did this and paid about £35 in a mini cab.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear GB1970,

Thank you for leaving your feedback after your stay with us.

I am delighted that we looked after you well and you enjoyed the experience.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future.

worcestershire
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Another start to the year and another weekend stay at this hotel which is now a fully renovated Doubletree by Hilton. This was probably our best stay yet at this hotel which have used for over 10 years on and off. The renovation is excellent - the public spaces are very tastefully done and it has the look and feel of an expensive place to stay. Our room was on the 5th floor and although a bit on the small side, it was perfectly comfortable, well presented and very clean - suitable for a short break. A fridge, safe and Nespresso machine were all there along with very welcome free bottled water. The bath room was again small - struggled to get 2 people in and had a shower but no bath.
Excellent service was experienced throughout from our welcome - including very early check in and warm cookies, through to the restaurant service and check out. The staff seem very proud of their hotel and were keen to ask us our thoughts.
The restaurant is better laid out now and the buffet breakfast seemed of a higher quality than on previous visits. The hotel was not busy and we saw only a few other guests at breakfast. There is a good and wide choice and I liked the option of requesting poached or fried eggs directly from the kitchen.
We got a rate that included breakfast - if not I believe it is about £15 per person.
On both nights we had good sleep with no noise from either within the hotel or from outside. Newspapers were available each morning and there were computers available for free internet access.
Parking on site is £10 a day and as noted before you cannot beat the location in terms of access to the Tube (Piccadilly & District lines) 5 mins walk away. We also walked into the town - 10-15 mins walk where there is a good selection of restaurants and shops.
All in all this remains a great hotel in terms of location for a weekend break and the renovation has only improved the quality of the stay!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TGBWorcestershire
Dear TGBWorcestershire,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your most recent stay with us here at the Doubletree by Hilton London Ealing.

I am delighted to read such postive feedback from such a regular guest. We have indeed finished our £10 million refurbishment since your last visit and I am pleased that you approve of all the changes and upgrades.

The team here are looking forward to welcoming you back again for your next stay.

Evesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Visiting family in Ealing Broadway so perfect for us. Welcoming, clean & comfy what else could you want. Used the gym daily immaculate too! No need to use the car once it's parked tube within minutes walk. Returning in February can't wait

Room Tip: Be honest when you book and say what your requirements really are
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Fran W,

I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience and we look forward to welcoming you back in February.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed here on the 21st December for 2 nights. We had a junior suite which was well maintained, fresh and clean.

In the morning of our arrival, the receptionist Federica was very welcoming and I was really impressed by her levels of customer service.

Breakfast each morning was fab and it was consistent.

Staff around the hotel were very good, I met a really nice overseas guy who worked in housekeeping, didn't speak a lot of English but was very helpful and polite and met an Italian boy in the bar who was very chatty and gave great service, Andrea I think, excellent all round.

We had a great stay and this will be our first choice hotel in London from now on.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Matthew W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Gmfa,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback after your stay with us here at the hotel.

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay. I will pass on your kind words to Federica, Andrea and we will find the housekeeping team member.

We look forward to welcoming you back again shortly.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Very Helpful staff. The Lady at the reception (Sorry don't remember her name) was very helpful in fact I was not satisfied with Hilton Metropole with their service but the Double Tree reception made me change my mind and also offered me HHonors which I would not have taken if she was not so polite

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Johnson P,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of the hotel after your recent stay with us.

I am not only delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us but that we went some way to restore your faith in the Hilton brand.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future.