“Good Hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing
Ranked #248 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed overnight for the One Direction concert at Wembley stadium. Reception staff were very helpful, and welcoming. Good hotel, very clean rooms, but as a lot smaller than I expected! The beds were comfortable, but the pillows were the worst ever! you needed four under your head, as they were so flat! The bathroom was spotlessly clean, but the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel! you could hardly turn around in there.

Breakfast was nothing special,very basic. I was horrified that the door to the breakfast room was open, allowing flies, dust etc from the car park to come in! waited ten minutes for a refill on the maple syrup for my pancakes!
The area around the hotel appeared quite rough, and I didn't feel safe at all.

I don't think the rooms were worth the price, and I won't be returning!

1  Thank Debs2001
Matthew W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Debra R,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback after your stay with us after the concert at Wembley. I hope you enjoyed One Direction.

I must admit I am a little confused with your comments. Having called us a 'Good Hotel' you then mentioned you would not return? The doors in the restaurant I can only assume were the doors to our patio that are used if guests want to go outside. We do normally have these closed but I am sorry if perhaps on this occasion we did not close them after a guest had exited. Please accept my apologies for the wait you encountered on getting your maple syrup. I am also sorry if you did not like the surrounding area although Ealing is known to be quite a safe neighbourhood.

I do hope that you change your mind and return again so that we can be given a chance to change your mind on some of the aspects of your first visit.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was the second time in Ealing and for the first time at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing. It was nice. I had a super room with nice view, good coffee and I love the Cookie. Every one was helpful and friendly... so I will come back

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Ralf K,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review after your stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing.

I am pleased that you enjoyed it and will use us again. We all look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stay at this hotel regularly and can confirm the team are excellent and nothing us too much trouble - easy access to central London - book with confidence!
The front of house team are friendly and welcoming.The restaurant team are very attentive and efficient a perfect combination for me!

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Lightwavesailing,

Thank you for posting the kind words about us.

It is pleasing to read that we are doing a good job of making your regular visits enjoyable. I will make sure your comments are shared with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Thank you for a wonderful stay at your Hotel. I was there for 3 days with my 12 year old Daughter we had a fabulous time at the Hotel and the staff could not do enough for us both. We both enjoyed a Cocktail on Friday night and the staff made my Daughter her very own Cocktail (without alcohol) which made my Daughter feel very special. Our room was also lovely very clean and comfortable. Breakfast had a great choice that set us up for the day.

We will be back for our next London trip.

Dear Gaynor R,

Thank you for posting your lovely review after the visit of you and your daughter.

I am delighted that you had a good time and the staff managed to help the stay memorable for the two of you.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Helpful and considerate staff. Air con was very noisy and very poor internet access and phone reception but the rooms are lovely clean and satisfactory. It was a shame that these factors influenced my stay as I would have rated the experience excellent if the air conditioning had been much quieter.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Collette B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments after your stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing.

I am sorry that you encountered some maintenance and IT issues during your stay. We will certainly investigate your A/C comments so we can pin down the room number you stayed in and make the necessary changes. We also had some issues with our internet provider that covered a large area of West London, this has now been rectified but my apologies if this deterred from your visit.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Truly a Dream nights sleep had by all the family, lovely soft linen puffy pillows and the most perfect mattress, very polite and Friendly attentive staff, this is what Hotel stays are all about, pleasure.

Dear Susan G,

Thank you for your kind review after your family stay with us.

I am delighted that you had such a great nights sleep and enjoyed the hotel on a whole.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

what a beautiful team of staff this hotel has! The politeness and care given by the staff was outstanding at breakfast there was a little wait as it was very busy and the staff did not stop apologising for the inconvenience The food was first class and my daughter especially loved the pancake maker The room was lovely and had lovely bathroom there was a coffee maker too It is also in a great site 2 mins walk from the tube (Ealing common) which made wembley and oxford street easy to access

Dear hayleyc456,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your fantastic feedback and for awarding us 5 stars.

I am delighted that you had such a great time and found our staff so friendly. I will make sure your kind words are put up on our feedback wall.

We hope to be able to welcome you and your daughter back again in the near future.