“Awesome hotel with amazing staff!”

DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing
Ranked #247 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Made an impromptu trip to Ealing and stayed at the Doubletree, what an amazing group of people! The hotel staff goes above and beyond to make you feel at home. Checking in was very fast without any hiccups. The room, very clean and functional in my opinion. About 30 minutes after checking in, I received complimentary box of chocolate, a small bottle of wine and a letter from the front desk. Major points in my book! The hotel staff is all about service and making all visitors feel very comfortable during their stay.

Many thanks to the restaurant staff: Charley, King Julian, Justyna, Olga, Adam, Sali, Rakesh the talented Grill Master and the man that manages this great amazing group of people, Mr. Suketu. Thanks for a wonderful first stay. The hotel definitely made an impression. I will be back, no doubt!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Matthew W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Wilfred D,

Thank you for leaving such an amazing review after your stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing.

It is clear that the team made a great impression during your stay and I will certainly make sure your words are posted onto our feedback wall.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Hotel was great, rooms compact but in a very positive way, very good use of space. Everything you want in a room. Staff friendly and helpful.
Room service really bad. Soup was cold and cross contamination on sandwiches where they had cut them, not good if you don't like mustard, at almost two in the morning couldn't be bothered to ask them to change it so just left it and went to sleep. Informed reception early the next day but they just refunded the £5 service charge but was still left with £28 charge for food that wasn't eaten.
Otherwise very good hotel, great location, unfortunately I feel so let down by them not refunding my money I will not be returning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Christine S,

Thank you for leaving your feedback after your stay with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay but that it was soured by a poor experience with our late room service. This issue has been addressed with the team on the back of the feedback you left for us in the Hilton questionnaire that you completed. I am very sorry that you were served below standard food and can guarantee that this is not the normal high standard that we strive for here at the hotel.

I and the team do hope you change your mind and return to the hotel so that we can have a chance to change your perception of our food offering.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The hotel was very clean & comfortable. Reception staff were really friendly & helpful. Bedroom was very nice. Well equipped & clean. Lovely comfortable bed. The bathroom was new very clean. Lovely breakfast, self serve but all choices catered for. book it at reception. 5 minutes to tube station, trip into London takes about 40 mins but ok.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear 942grahamm,

Thank you for posting your review after your stay with us and thank you for our 5 stars!

I am so pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I went with some friends last Friday to W5 Grill & Bar in this hotel. The bar/ restaurant has a great atmosphere overlooking a nice garden. Ideal for drinks or a meal in this summer weather. The cocktails were delicious, the service was great, especially from one of the staff members Suketu who was extremely attentive and made us feel very comfortable! I had a delicious burger and a couple of refreshing cocktails and Martini! Def recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear DuarteMFerreira,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review after your recent visit to us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our Friday Ealing cocktail night and that Suketu looked after you so well. I will make sure your kind words are passed onto him.

We are running the night every Friday through summer so please come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed overnight for the One Direction concert at Wembley stadium. Reception staff were very helpful, and welcoming. Good hotel, very clean rooms, but as a lot smaller than I expected! The beds were comfortable, but the pillows were the worst ever! you needed four under your head, as they were so flat! The bathroom was spotlessly clean, but the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel! you could hardly turn around in there.

Breakfast was nothing special,very basic. I was horrified that the door to the breakfast room was open, allowing flies, dust etc from the car park to come in! waited ten minutes for a refill on the maple syrup for my pancakes!
The area around the hotel appeared quite rough, and I didn't feel safe at all.

I don't think the rooms were worth the price, and I won't be returning!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Debs2001
Matthew W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Debra R,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback after your stay with us after the concert at Wembley. I hope you enjoyed One Direction.

I must admit I am a little confused with your comments. Having called us a 'Good Hotel' you then mentioned you would not return? The doors in the restaurant I can only assume were the doors to our patio that are used if guests want to go outside. We do normally have these closed but I am sorry if perhaps on this occasion we did not close them after a guest had exited. Please accept my apologies for the wait you encountered on getting your maple syrup. I am also sorry if you did not like the surrounding area although Ealing is known to be quite a safe neighbourhood.

I do hope that you change your mind and return again so that we can be given a chance to change your mind on some of the aspects of your first visit.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was the second time in Ealing and for the first time at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing. It was nice. I had a super room with nice view, good coffee and I love the Cookie. Every one was helpful and friendly... so I will come back

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Ralf K,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review after your stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing.

I am pleased that you enjoyed it and will use us again. We all look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stay at this hotel regularly and can confirm the team are excellent and nothing us too much trouble - easy access to central London - book with confidence!
The front of house team are friendly and welcoming.The restaurant team are very attentive and efficient a perfect combination for me!

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Lightwavesailing,

Thank you for posting the kind words about us.

It is pleasing to read that we are doing a good job of making your regular visits enjoyable. I will make sure your comments are shared with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.