“Great value, easy commute” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing

DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing
Ranked #218 of 1,087 Hotels in London
Dublin, Ohio, United States
“Great value, easy commute”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel is clean and the staff is helpful and friendly. It is an easy walk from the nearest metro line and offers a delicious warm breakfast. The fitness facility has the basics but offers several cardio machines. The rooms are very clean and well appointed but are small by American Doubletree standards.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank James N
Matthew W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear James N,

Thank you for leaving us your great review after your recent stay here with us.

I am pleased that you found it enjoyable. We do hope to be able to welcome you back on your next visit to the UK.

Matt Williams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Limassol, Cyprus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed there with my wife for 7 nights its closed to the metro station and you can go easily in the town center, the rooms was clean and the people was kind with us, there is free internet downstairs.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear YiannosEfst,

Thank you or leaving your feedback after your break with us.

I am so pleased to read that you had a good time and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stay here for many reasons: good car park; just opposite a Piccadilly Line station which takes us to the RA and central London; very nice and helpful staff; good breakfasts; pleasant ambience and comfortable, modern rooms (albeit a little on the small side).

Will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chemistatlarge
Dear chemistatlarge,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review after your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable time and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Austin, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed here for a week in June while in London (multiple areas) on business. I picked this hotel initially based on the good reviews and what looked to be a good logistical location for different areas in and around London. This proved to be exactly true - what an excellent location just a few minutes walk from both Ealing Common (underground) and Ealing Broadway (underground and rail) stations. Easy access to the Central, Picadilly, and District lines and UK Rail. That is part of what made this location so good - PLENTY of options to get wherever I needed to be in and around London, and always easy to get back to.

Something else that was a pleasant surprise was how professional, friendly, and helpful all of the staff were - staying there that long, I pretty much dealt with all areas - from front desk to dining to maintenance to housekeeping and all the way up to the General Manager. Everyone with whom I dealt couldn't have been more accommodating. I had a few relatively minor issues with my room upon check-in and the first day, not enough to disturb the stay, but upon meeting the General Manager Matt Williams in the lobby the next morning, I did bring them up when he asked how my stay was. He ensured that everything was fixed to my satisfaction and went out of his way to ensure the rest of the stay was above and beyond normal expectations and he succeeded - even got an invite to the Friday afternoon reception they have, that was really nice.

As other reviewers have mentioned, the rooms are somewhat small - would be tough for two people to store everything they needed if staying for more than a few days - but that's not a negative to the hotel - just what it is. It was enough room for me for my stay, but couldn't have had much more. The bathroom was also fairly small, but enough room for me, and everything was kept VERY clean, and that is the biggest factor for me.

I had breakfast in the hotel dining room every day, and while it was busy they kept it moving, and had ample room for all the guests, and the food was typically stocked and replenished as needed. A couple of times you had to wait for a few items to be brought out, but never more than a few minutes. And the staff there were so courteous that it wasn't an issue.

The neighborhood location of the hotel was also good - this part of Ealing is more of a working-class neighborhood, so not crammed with tourists or touristy attractions. There were a decent number of pubs and restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel, and I tried most of them while there - by far my favorite was "The Grange" just a few blocks walk across the Ealing Common park (also a very nice sight - all the greenery and park space right in the city). Great selections and more than just pure pub food, and very nice environs inside and out - even had a nice large patio outside for seating and eating. There was also an Italian restaurant "Dante" that was quite authentic (in a good way) and very reasonably priced. The owner appeared to be from Italy, and the menu selections showed it.

The hotel looks a bit dated from the outside, but they have done a great job refurbishing the inside - all the common areas looked brand new, and the rooms - especially the bathrooms looked to have been recently updated as well. Really, the only non-positive (won't call it a negative, because it can't be helped) for the stay was the size of my room - there are others that are larger, but this was one of the standard rooms. But not enough of a detriment at all to keep me from staying here again next time I'm in London. Also - a huge plus was that since the hotel is not in central London, the prices were considerably less than comparable hotels closer in, but you were no more than 30 minutes away via any of the three tube lines. Again, the location and price for the location can't be beat. I would definitely stay here again if in London, and will recommend it to others. Thanks again to the GM Matt and his staff for an excellent stay.

Room Tip: Views are nicer at the front of the hotel overlooking the park, but maybe a bit noisier with the mai...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Travel_Reviewer20
Matthew W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Travel_Reviewer20

Thank you very much for leaving us your feedback after your business trip to London.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that we ironed out the niggles at the start of your stay and that you were well looked after for the remainder.

It was a pleasure having you with us and also attending our Friday Ealing event. As I even get a mention in this review I will ensure it goes to the top of our list on our feedback notice board!!

Thank you again and we hope to see you back in the near future.

Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights and were very happy with the experience. All members of staff are very helpful and friendly, great attitude of service. Easy to walk to the tube ( actually there are 2 different Ealing stops - Ealing Common is closer to the hotel, also Ealing Broadway for the Central line). Sainsbury market near Ealing Common. Excellent buffet breakfast. To leave for Heathrow, we paid only 26 pounds, pre-arranged price, for a minicab that we booked, the minicab office is next to Ealing Common, or ask at hotel reception. Free wifi in the lobby.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank manhattan1959
Dear manhattan1959,

Thank you for leaving your comments after your recent break here with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and made full use of our location close to the major transport links.

We hope to be able to welcome you back on your return visit to the UK.

Wheeling, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for almost 2 weeks last may. I liked almost everything about this hotel. First of all it's just 5 minutes away from the Ealing Commons tube station, and from there it takes only 30 minutes to get to Central London. Hotel stuff is very nice and helpful. Rooms are small (not very small), but very clean and cosy. They have complimentary computers downstairs and free WI- Fi. Continental breakfast is a little boring (same food every day), but it's much better than in most US hotels. My only advise to the management, would be training their cleaning team to pay more attention when to leave bathroom supplies, especially soap. It's a minor inconvenience though. I gave them my Tripadvisor sticker. When next time in London this hotel will be definitely on my list again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear yassou86,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments after your recent break with us.

I am delighted to read that on a whole you enjoyed the experience. I will check with the housekeeping team to clear up the amenity issue you mentioned.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband and i stayed here for one night. We arrived early for check in as we were going to a concert later that day but it wasnt a problem and the check in staff accomodated us without issue. Warm cookie on arrival is a lovely touch if i had to give a negative its that you only get one as they were delicious. Room was very compact but excellent. Very clean (and i am very OCD when it comes to cleanliness). Yes the rooms could be larger but for what we needed it was perfect and loved having a fridge to keep our drinks cool. Breakfast was lovely just couldnt eat anything else for the rest of the day. Couldnt fault this hotel and would deffinately stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Michelle H,

Thank you for leaving your great comments and for awarding us a 5 out of 5.

I am so pleased to read that you were happy with so many aspects of your stay. I am glad that our breakfast buffet set you up for the day!

We hope to welcome you back again on your next visit to London.