“Double Tree Hilton, Ealing Common, London”

DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing
Ranked #252 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed for 3 weeks in this hotel on a business trip and it was absolutely fantastic.
The staff could not do enough to help you with any issues. The rooms altho a bit on the small side were adequate with a large wardrobe and even a fridge. This was handy to cool the wine and cheese on a hot sumers day. I had a mountain bike with me which did have quick release wheel but the bike parking area outsdie the rear entrance to the hotel was very secure and I had no problems at all throughout my stay.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who doesnt want to stay in central London as the tube lines and overground lines are close by and you cna get to Hampstead Heath in 20 minutes.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank suegray714
Matthew W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear suegray714,

Thank you for leaving your feedback after your 3 week stay with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing.

I am delighted that you had a good time and made full use of our great location.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here in order to attend an event at Wembley Stadium. The location is pretty good, easily accessible and nice and close to the main road. However, for the price, we weren't overly impressed. The room was very small - comfortable and well presented though. The cookies on arrival went down very well, with me anyway and were probably the highlight of the stay. The main disappointment was how loud our room was. There was lots of banging and noise throughout the night which made it impossible to sleep! Normally this wouldn't really bother me but paying what we did, it wasn't great. Nice enough stay just not for the price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Tanya S,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback after your stay with us.

I am glad that you enjoyed the location and ease of access to Wembley Stadium. Although I am sorry if the noise of other guests reduced the overall enjoyment of your visit.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your comments.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

compared to other Hiltons in other common wealth countries, this one really ranks low. when you walkin to there hotel reception you get no feeling or sence of warm wellcome. Staff seem not very happy to be recieving your visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Eric N

Dear Eric N,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

I am sorry that you were disappointed. I am sure if you have taken the time to read our other reviews then you will see the common theme is that the staff are friendly and welcoming. So I am really unsure as to what happened on your stay.

We also rank quite highly in scoring for all Doubletree hotels in the EMEA region. We proudly came in the top 12 for the second quarter of 2014. That is out of a possible 90 hotels.

Again I am sorry that you appear to have not had an enjoyable stay like the many other guests that use the hotel but we hope that you return to indeed give us a second chance.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

After traveling 3 hours to this hotel we went to check in and was a problem, after standing waiting and not understanding the receptionist properly as she wasn't English we were told that there was nothing they could do as it was hotel policy, after we had traveled 3 hours I was not happy as we would have been stranded in London with no where to go and it didn't seem to bother the receptionist still not understanding what was going on due to her lack of explaining and English, the manager came out and managed to resolve the problem he was very polite and helpful but the receptionist was not helpful at all. Got to the room it was clean and nicely decorated but was so small! Was a squeeze to move around in there with 2 people, in the morning the cleaners came in at 8am while we was still asleep which woke us up after not having alot of sleep anyway, while we was getting ready another cleaner came in at 10 overall I'm so disappointed with my stay as I had been looking forward to it for so long, and the price I paid I feel like I have been robbed!! Will definitely not be staying again!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Elisha20

Dear Elisha20,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback after your recent visit.

I am sorry that you did not find us value for money.

We are quite proud of the fact that we employ a wide range of nationalities in the hotel. We often find most guests appreciate that especially if they are visiting from the same country as one of our team members. It appears that you did not find it helpful that you were not dealing with someone English but was glad to read that the Manager managed to overcome the issue you faced.

I am sorry that you were disturbed twice in the morning before check out. We always recommend that guests display the Do Not Disturb cards we provide so that the housekeeping team are aware of your request for the room not to be entered.

I am sorry that you will not be returning to the hotel but thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Doubletree hotel was a short walk to the metro station. Rooms: The rooms were clean and the staff was professional. Breakfast: We included the breakfast buffet. Enough variety for our family. Internet: Only on the ground floor. Would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Matthew W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Helene C,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback after your recent stay.

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable time and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever you next visit.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night for our visit to wembley stadium and can't fault this place. Rooms were small but clean and modern with everything you need. Area is very quiet and beds were comfy so had a great nights sleep. Staff were professional. Only niggle was no direct tube service to Wembley stadium so our tube trip took around 30 minutes and the night bus home took 1:20!!! Not the hotels fault though although it does advertise as a Wembley hotel which fooled us into thinking we would be closer than we were.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank angiebeno

Dear angiebeno,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback after your recent stay with us after the concert at Wembley.

We actually normally suggest the number 83 bus for those guests travelling to Wembley. It stops outside the hotel and takes you directly to the stadium in normally around 15 minutes. I am sorry if we did not get a chance to share that tip with you.

We do hope to welcome you back if you ever are in the area again.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My wife and I stayed there one night in order to go to a concert in Shepherds Bush. The train connection are good from Ealing to central London.
The rooms are probably the smallest we have ever stayed in, and acceptable for one night. I cannot imagine staying there any longer without suffering claustrophobia. There are no drawers for clothes or room to put a suitcase. The shower room is around 1.5 metres wide and 3 metres long. I assume the rationale is that most guests would be out all day and room size doesn't matter.
The rack rate for a standard room, as per the hotels notice, was £299 per night without breakfast and parking, but it is unlikely anyone would pay that but this is exorbitant by any standards. We booked via the Hilton website and paid around £115 per night, without breakfast or parking.
Parking at £20 for over 9 hours is also expensive.
When we got back late evening the bar was open but crowded with a large drunken group so we opted not to have a nightcap.
Free Wi-Fi in the lobby was good as there is a charge for an in room connection.
An average hotel with a reasonable location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear alanlecoyte,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments after your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that you were able to find one of our regular offers to book on and that it proved value for money. I am sorry that you found the standard room a little small for your liking but we do have larger rooms available at a supplement for those who require more space.

The parking charge you mentioned is actually for non residents. All hotel residents get a discounted price of £12.50 for 24 hours. I assume that because of this you did not use the car park - whoever if you did and were incorrectly charged then please contact the hotel directly so we can look into that for you.

We are a very busy hotel that caters for a wide variety of people. I am sorry that you felt you could not enjoy the bar on your return because of other guests.

We do hope that you return to us if you are ever in the area again.