“Value for money”

Ranked #253 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Stavanger, Norway
“Value for money”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

If you do business in the Chiswick area (London West), I can recommond this hotel. Ok hotell with good communication (tube) to Central London). If you just want an ordinary hotel with an ok breakfast and not too expensive, here you have a good alternative.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Matthew W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Livar V,

Thank you for posting your review regarding the hotel.

I am pleased that we tick the boxes for you in terms of location and breakfast offering.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Matt Williams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Huntington, West Virginia
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We arrived at the hotel at 9:00 AM. With my Hilton HHonors Gold status, we were immediately invited to the breakfast buffet and our luggage were stored at the font desk while waiting for a cleaned room on the Hilton HHonors floor. The food quality was great though the content was never changed, including hot food, egg cook-to-order, bread, yogurt, fruit, pancake, espresso coffee, etc. The wait was about an hour. We stayed there five nights (7/31-8/4 and 8/7-8/8). Although both rooms were on the 5th floor (Hilton HHonors), their sizes were different. We like the first room (509) because it has bigger space. Everyday the hotel gave 3 new Nepresso capsules. I have to admit that Nepresso machine makes really good espresso coffee!! Free in-room internet and breakfast (15 pounds if not pre-paid; pre-paid 10 pounds) came with my Gold status. Of course, everyone gets cookies, too! Room was cleaned perfectly everyday!

The hotel (Tube Zone 3) is located in the mid-way between London downtown (Zone 1) and the Heathrow airport (Zone 6), but it is not on the Piccadilly line that brings you to Heathrow directly. If you have lots of luggage, you may need to use the elevator to change subway train. To get to the hotel, take Piccadilly or District line to Ealing Common. The walk to the hotel from the station is quite manageable- 5 minutes. There are two markets nearby (one closes at 11 PM and the other 24hr). Alcohol is not for sale at the Tesco gas station convenience store after 11 PM.

Will I stay there again? For service, definitely yes; for location, maybe not. This time I used Hilton points + cash to book the rooms (12K points + 57USD/per night), so budget may determine everything after all. Travelling in UK is simply very expensive!

The only bad thing happened during this stay was that we forgot to pack our computer power cord! :-(

Room Tip: choose lower number room (e.g. 509 vs 521) on the same floor to get a bigger space
1 Thank yipaoc
Dear yipaoc,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a comprehensive review after your 5 night stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you were happy with many aspects of the stay and in particular our breakfast offering and the service you received.

We do hope that you decide to use us again if you return to the UK.

Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My wife and spent two nights here whilst visiting London. The hotel has a large carpark (£12.50 for 24 hours) and is a short stroll to the Ealing Common Tube station, making it ideal for getting to and from the capital.

Our room was very well equipped with everything you could reasonably require. A refrigerator was an unexpected bonus that was extremely useful.

Breakfast was superb and the staff were plentiful and extremely attentive, nothing was too much trouble.

We could not fault this hotel and its staff.

Would highly recommend and will certainly use this hotel again.

Dear David W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback after your short break with us.

I am delighted that you both had a good time and we hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

North Bergen, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing from 20-23 July 2014 and we loved it. The staff was very polite and helpful and greeted us each with a delicious cookie. The room was a good size, comfortable, clean, and the TV was a nice size as well. Breakfast was very good. There was also a coffee machine in the room (Nespresso I think). The location of the hotel may make it seem far from London, but because the tube is a short walk away, Central London is very easy to get to. Only downside is you have to pay for Wi-Fi, but that is the only disappointment we had with this hotel (which isn’t much of a big deal). We will definitely stay here again next time we visit London.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vangelli9
Dear vangelli9,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback after your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you had a good experience and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

East Molesey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Friendly staff, facilities in room good for business users. Very compact/small rooms. Didn't have breakfast so can't comment on food. Easy location to reach. Ample parking. Couldn't get WiFi going in bedroom

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Meera P
Dear Meera P,

Thank you for posting your comments after staying with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing.

I am pleased that overall you seemed to enjoyed your experience. Although I am sorry that you seemed to have some difficulty connecting to the internet in the room.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Doncaster
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I recently stopped at the Doubletree Hilton for a leisure break being a Gold Card member Hilton is my preffered Hotel group. I knew as soon I was dealth with by Eva on reception I had a good feeling about the Hotel the rooms, bar, food all first class. I don't think I have stopped in a Hilton with such genuinly friendly staff. My girlfriend asked how Doubletree fit's within the Hilton group of Hotels I did not know but on this basis I would say this Hotel is the very top tier. Please note I don't know anyone at this Hotel and rarely bother to add review on trip advisor with the tube being 500 metres away look no futher that the Doubletree Ealing. Thanks for a great stay and thanks to Eva who has a special touch of really caring and rememebering evereyones names 10/10

Room Tip: Hilton Honours floor excellent
2 Thank DoncasterRover
Dear DoncasterRover,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review and for awarding us a 5 out of 5.

I will make sure Eva and the rest of the team see your comments via our feedback notice board. We certainly have a great team here at the hotel who I am very proud of.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Having stayed a couple of years ago the hotel has since undergone a major refit and is now of a high standard. The rooms are lovely and very comfortable. The toiletries provided are great quality. Overall although my visit was business connected I would definitely recommend the hotel for both business and pleasure

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Jeff W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback after your return visit to us.

I am delighted that you appreciated the £10 million refurbishment we have undertaken since your last stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.