DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing
  • Pool
US$205
Hotels.com
2,103 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookie on arrivaltube stationwembley stadiumcoffee machinepiccadilly lineeasy accessminute walkper dayrooms are smallreception staffpleasant stayexcellent hotelexcellent staybreakfast was excellentstandard roomshort stay
Reviewed 25 August 2014

On arrival I was checked in and told there was a 50 pounds deposit for the room that had to be paid so of course I said yes I understand and paid it. Once I got to the room I realised that I had infact paid a couple of hundred pounds and was very confused when I went down and enquired they told me I had been charged for the room which I had already paid for online 2 weeks prior. The staff said they would rectify it immediately but that it would take 5 days for the money to be back in my account, I was very disappointed with this as it was my spending money for the trip but to the staff it didn't seem like such a big deal at all maybe they earn a lot more money than me? I was much too embarrassed to make a fuss about the incident so me and my girlfriend just had to watch our spending very carefully instead of enjoying my birthday week away she had planned for me. Overall the hotel was great but effectively they ruined the trip the moment they booked us in by making a silly error that a good hotel should definitely not be making, and I barely got an apology let alone some form of compensation. I don't know if I would recommend this hotel to anyone but if you are going all I will say is check everything and make sure they know you have paid and keep asking and pestering as to what your paying for etc. Never just assume that they are competent at their job and doing it correctly that was my downfall.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Matthew W, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Joel M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback after your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to read that an error by one of the team had resulted in the bank holding your funds after we had reversed the incorrect double charge. I am sorry if it disrupted your break and left you feeling unhappy with your stay.

I do hope that you return to the hotel so that we have a chance to show you that it was a one off mistake and restore your faith in the hotel.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We chose this hotel as it is located near to family and we were so pleased that we did. Nothing was too much trouble, particularly helping me get on-line in the lobby. We were very impressed with the breakfasts, very hot and a good selection, including cooked to order omelette. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear JevoLiverpool,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments after your long weekend break with us.

I am pleased to read that you had a good experience and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed at the London Ealing Doubletree Hilton hotel for 8 nights. We were very satisfied with the hotel - appearance, cleanliness and especially with the friendly and helpful staff. the location was excellent for our visit and as a matter of fact, being very close to tube and bus services, would be so for any purpose.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear 579abrahamt

Thank you for posting your comments after your 8 night break with us.

I am delighted that you found the staff friendly and that you took full advantage of our great location.

We hope to be able to welcome you back on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

If you do business in the Chiswick area (London West), I can recommond this hotel. Ok hotell with good communication (tube) to Central London). If you just want an ordinary hotel with an ok breakfast and not too expensive, here you have a good alternative.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Livar V,

Thank you for posting your review regarding the hotel.

I am pleased that we tick the boxes for you in terms of location and breakfast offering.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We arrived at the hotel at 9:00 AM. With my Hilton HHonors Gold status, we were immediately invited to the breakfast buffet and our luggage were stored at the font desk while waiting for a cleaned room on the Hilton HHonors floor. The food quality was great though the content was never changed, including hot food, egg cook-to-order, bread, yogurt, fruit, pancake, espresso coffee, etc. The wait was about an hour. We stayed there five nights (7/31-8/4 and 8/7-8/8). Although both rooms were on the 5th floor (Hilton HHonors), their sizes were different. We like the first room (509) because it has bigger space. Everyday the hotel gave 3 new Nepresso capsules. I have to admit that Nepresso machine makes really good espresso coffee!! Free in-room internet and breakfast (15 pounds if not pre-paid; pre-paid 10 pounds) came with my Gold status. Of course, everyone gets cookies, too! Room was cleaned perfectly everyday!

The hotel (Tube Zone 3) is located in the mid-way between London downtown (Zone 1) and the Heathrow airport (Zone 6), but it is not on the Piccadilly line that brings you to Heathrow directly. If you have lots of luggage, you may need to use the elevator to change subway train. To get to the hotel, take Piccadilly or District line to Ealing Common. The walk to the hotel from the station is quite manageable- 5 minutes. There are two markets nearby (one closes at 11 PM and the other 24hr). Alcohol is not for sale at the Tesco gas station convenience store after 11 PM.

Will I stay there again? For service, definitely yes; for location, maybe not. This time I used Hilton points + cash to book the rooms (12K points + 57USD/per night), so budget may determine everything after all. Travelling in UK is simply very expensive!

The only bad thing happened during this stay was that we forgot to pack our computer power cord! :-(

Room Tip: choose lower number room (e.g. 509 vs 521) on the same floor to get a bigger space
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yipaoc

Dear yipaoc,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a comprehensive review after your 5 night stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you were happy with many aspects of the stay and in particular our breakfast offering and the service you received.

We do hope that you decide to use us again if you return to the UK.