DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park
US$217
US$188
galahotels.com
2,356 results
All reviewshyde parkbayswater roadurban meadowdouble treegreat locationkensington gardenswarm cookie on arrivalnespresso machinecentral lineking roomtube stationbus stopshort walkexcellent hotelquiet roomrooms are smallwest end
Reviewed 9 December 2013

we had a great stay here, very quiet but only a 2 stops to marble arch, or enjoy the walk through hyde park. nespresso machine was great treat too! lovely hotel , room quiet small but its london, and we where only in it to sleep!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Guest Relations M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear Lia S

What a pleasure to read your review about having a great stay with us – it is really what hospitality is all about!! We are so glad you enjoyed the surroundings and little touches like Nespresso machine and do hope to see you back very soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I spent five nights in a king deluxe room on the 7th floor with a nice view. This is the highest floor by the way. When you look at the pictures on the hotel website it looks like the front of the hotel is on a big avenue. Actually the front entrance is on a side street. No traffic noise. I spent a long time looking for a hotel and I am so glad I chose this one. The room was very nice and comfortable. Everything looked new. The bathroom had Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries. Two bottles of water were provided. I didn't add the expensive breakfast to my rate as there were plenty of places in the neighborhood to eat. The reception staff were very nice and efficient. I arrived really early so they held onto my luggage until the 2pm check-in time. There was a cosy bar eating area off the reception area, all Scandinavian looking. Christmas decorations were up when I was there. I really liked the neighborhood. If you exit the lobby and turn right, then go across the street, you enter the park to get to Kensington palace (nice exhibition on clothing worn by the Queen and Princess Diana). If you exit the lobby, turn right and then right, a few blocks away is the Notting Hill tube stop with three lines you will use most often. Also in that area is a nice bakery, banks like Barclays (no fees for Bank of America customers, only the currency conversion fee), walk past the tube stop near the Mcdonald's and there is a grocery Tesco (nice for sandwiches, drinks, snacks) and pharmacy Boots. There is also Cafe Diana where she used to eat. They had nice fish and chips. When I go back to London I plan on staying here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mango_eater

Dear mango_eater

Thank you for your review of the hotel, it really is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you also for taking the time to praise the reception team, we all hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Well placed for London visits and on the west side of town is nearer to Heathrow airport. |Two underground stations nearby and if you are arriving by car it is outside the restricted zone. Excellent quality and value restaurant

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Peter M

Thank you for taking the time to review DoubleTree Hyde Park, noting our excellent location, quality and restaurant value, it is great to read it!

I hope we will welcome you back soon.

With kindest regards

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This location really is its defining moment. I was in London for a week of meetings in the City, and at this hotel you are neatly sandwiched between, Bayswater, Queensway and Notting Hill tube stations so the choice is yours. This made the commute very easy and I believe the rate was good. The rooms were a good size, had everything I needed and were clean - oh and were nice and warm against the cold outside. I attempted breakfast on one day and didnt think it warrented the 17 pounds it was, so went to a good italian deli up the road on the next few days. Overall very happy with the experience and would recommend for business or even a holiday where you will be getting out and about to see the sites of london.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank emalalaa
Guest Relations M, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Emalalaa

Thank you for your positive review of DoubleTree by Hilton London - Hyde Park. We are very happy to hear you have found the rooms good in size and nice and warm in the cold weather. Indeed our location is terrific for both local sights as well as commute and I do hope we will welcome you back to the hotel soon.

With kindest regards

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Good location across from Hyde Park. Rooms are modern, clean, and adequate size (it is London). Staff were really great, helpful!

Some tips - rooms have the key card light activation by the door (took me 5 mins until I realized that), Queensay Tube stop is very close by, pretty good breakfast buffet, and of course Doubletree cookies.

If you are walking it is easy to walk right past the building as it is currently under construction. Main entrance is on St Petersburg Pl NOT Bayswater. No issues with construction noise in my room.

This is a good value for a nice hotel in London.

Room Tip: 7th floor if possible due to construction on lower floors.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business