“convenient, tidy, excelent London hotel”
Review of K+K Hotel George

K+K Hotel George
Ranked #164 of 1,081 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I like to compare reception efficiency during check-in for various hotels, and definitely K+K George takes the first rankning. A position previously occupied by Sheraton Boston, and few others, where on arriving at the reception desk, the room key was ready within less than 10 seconds. But believe it or not, the room key at K+K was ready to be handed down to me before reaching the reception desk. I was asked about my name as I approached the desk, et voila....
The hotel occupies a beautiful Victorian building with a small elegant garden, very close (less than 2 minutes walk) to Earl's Court Tube station ( a very convenient direct transport from Heathrow without any need to transfer. reservation was through Expedia (good value), that s probably why my room was smallish, but tidiness, cleanliness, and comfort are indisputable.
Excellent good variety breakfast is served in the restaurant by the garden, and I believe if weatherr was not that freezing cold (Jan), some tables could be out there for in-green breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,563)

Reviewed 14 June 2011

Booked this hotel for few days while attending with colleagues a congress at Olympia congress center. Rooms were nice looking and there were no moisture inside even the weather was very wet on January. Rooms are not too big but big enough.

There are a lot of hotels to choose from in the area but this one is a good pick.

Breakfast was very good with free champagne and everything - in the summertime restaurants adjacent garden must look nice :-)

Have never seen such clean mirrors and windows - they are washed daily?

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Great location and great character to hotel ,5 stars for everything .Champagne breakfast ,lovely room .Earlscourt really nice area for dining also and the tube 2 mins walk away .We loved our stay here .

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I just came back from a trip to London where I stayed at the K&K George hotel. In London's expensive hotel market, this was a real bargain. The hotel is around the corner from the Earl's Court Underground station, from which you can get anywhere easily. The rooms are small, but comfortable, clean, and well appointed; the breakfast buffet is the best I have seen in a long time; and there is a charming garden out back, where you can sit in the afternoon and have a drink from the bar. There is also a small refrigerator in the room; we brought our own wine to drink in the garden. The staff was friendly and helpful and gave us excellent restaurant suggestions each night that were within walking distance of the hotel. Three of us stayed in a very nice triple for four nights and it cost us less than $100 per person per night. I would definitely stay there again and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: ask if there are any specials
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank adlr99
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We stayed at the K&K two years ago and we loved our stay. Our room was lovely overlooking the garden, it was bright, fresh and very clean, breakfast fabulous, service great, and so close to Earls Court train station and other amenities, even a laundy mat.
So we decided to stay here again this trip. This holiday was a special one for us so when I booked I requested a nice room, overlooking the garden and upper room.

When we were arrived we were greeted cheerfully and professionally. Because of our celebratory occasion I asked the receptionist did we manage to get a nice room. Her reply yes of course. As we had been there before they didn't need to show us to our room. Our room was on the 5th floor which was great, it did overlook the garden, but our room was quite tired looking. The carpet very tired and thin. The bathroom really really small, alot smaller than the one we had before.

Anyway we didn't say anything, we were happy it wa a quiet room. At 5.30 next morning I was woken to a noise and vibration coming from the ceiling. I tried to go back to sleep but didn't. After breakfast we reported it to Reception and they said the maintenance man would look at it. He apparently did look at it whilst we were out but heard nothing.
Next night the same thing happened at about 11.30 pm and it took us ages to go to sleep. It subsided and the started again early hours of the morning. My husband called reception and asked if maintenance man could come up now so he could hear the problem. He did come up promptly, heard the problem had a look in the ceiling, said there wasn't much he could do, but would try. Reception advised if the problem was not solved we could move to another room when we returned after our daily activities. When we returned that evening, our room had been given to someone else and we were still with the noise. Fortunately we bought ear plugs and got us through the other 2 nights.

I was disappointed in the tiredness of our room, especially when I read other reviews where the rooms sound so newish, and also disappointed they didnt keep to their word re moving us to another room when they knew the problem was not fixed. Especially when they knew we had 2 more nights with them. (4 night stay in total)

I was too tired to ask them why they didn't save the room. I think if the original receptionist had been handling it she would of done it. The others didn't seem to care too much about the problem. Anyway hopefully if we do stay there again, our room will be not so tired. I would like to think the hotel would look after returning hotel guests.

I would not like to see this hotel loose its stature, because it really is a nice hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2011

K + K George is a great hotel in a neighborhood. Short walk to tube. Staff is very nice. Rooms are small by U.S. standards but comfortable as long as you are just sleeping there. Room did get hot (in November) - but we opened windows and it was great.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I have stayed at the K+K Hotel George in London twice now. I like it for multiple reasons. It's easy to get to and from Heathrow because it's on a direct line. The hotel is just a short walk (< 5 minutes) from the Earl's Court tube station. Earl's Court is a nice area and the side streets are very quiet and safe. There's lots of good dining options within walking distrance: everything from Nando's, Starbucks, and Gourmet Burger Kitchen, to some more upscale and unique restaurants. I also find Earl's Court tube station to be a good launching point to get to other parts of the cities.

The standard rooms at the Hotel George are small, but nothing unusual for London. They are very clean and modern and well appointed. I particularly like rooms with a garden view. The entire hotel has free Wi-Fi, which is something important to consider when you're staying in London. The hotel also provides one of the most amazing champagne buffet breakfasts I have ever seen. You can choose from a traditional British breakfast to pastries, fresh fruit, cereals and muesli, cheeses, perfectly cooked poached eggs, etc. They tables all have white linens and the servers are constantly coming around to refill coffee and tea. There's also a great selection of complimentary local and international newspapers as you enter the dining room. I just love it! I would stay here just for the breakfast ritual!

The hotel also has a small gym, a serene bar, a comfy lobby, and a beautiful English garden. It is surprisingly quiet at night and I rarely hear street noise or noise from neighboring rooms. I also recommend booking a package that comes with an afternoon tea. They offer a great assortment of treats and tea.

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are quiet and lovely!
Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business