“Lovely Hotel, Gardens & Staff”
Review of K+K Hotel George

K+K Hotel George
Ranked #187 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We had been to the hotel 10 years ago and I honestly had forgotten how impressive the building was as you arrive. Don't know that I knew the beautiful gardens existed before but we had beautiful weather and made use of the area each day following our site seeing. We had breathtaking views of the garden from our room on the third floor. But I had not forgotten the comfortable rooms. Beds and Bathrooms are "the best!" and the breakfast offerings are great, excellent variety, even though they were a bit slow replenishing. The staff is lovely at the front desk, very welcoming, helpful and friendly my only disappointment was with Nordine, the last night of our visit. I was having a bit of difficulty printing my boarding passes and he really seemed annoyed that I was requesting assistance and just didn't want to be bothered. All in all I would highly recommend K&K Hotel George.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of garden are lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank phillyswans

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Very close to the underground (Kings Cross) from where you reach all placees to visit in just a few minutes.
Excellent breakfast and very friendly and helpful personal.
Just to recommend for everyone!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Peter B
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Stayed for five nights in December 2012. Booked at British Airways' web together with my plane ticket.

It was a pleasant stay. Comfortable bed. Nice and quiet neighbourhood.

After reading reviews at TripAdvisor, I asked for - and got - a room on the top floor, facing the garden and far away from the elevators.

The room was clean and welcoming. The staff was very nice and friendly. Excellent breakfast.

There is free WLAN in the rooms and an Internet lounge with printers (perfect when I had to print my boarding card).

Easy transfer to Heathrow using the underground.

Room Tip: Top floor facing the garden and away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Hildebart
Reviewed 3 May 2013

The K+K Hotel George is in a great location for tourist sites. It's a 2-minute walk from the Earl's Court tube station, which allows you to access the Piccadilly and District lines. There are a number of pubs and fast food restaurants in the area, which makes it convenient to get a quick bite. And while the hotel is in a busy area, the property itself is on a quieter side street.

The room I had was very small, but it was efficiently laid out. I was able to fit all my clothes in the closet, and the bathroom was big enough to move about without feeling claustrophobic. The heated floors in the bathroom were a nice touch! The bed and bedding were very comfortable and I had a nice view of the garden.

The downside of the rooms was that the walls were very thin. I was fortunate to only have another room on one side of me, and the neighbor was pretty quiet. Even though they were talking "normally" though, it was easy to hear their voices. So it's luck of the draw -- this hotel could end up being a terrible experience if you have noisy neighbors.

The breakfast included in the rate was nice. There were some traditional English options, as well as some breads, cereals and cold cuts. The bread and cold cuts weren't up to the standard of one of the K+Ks I stayed at in Vienna, so I stuck with the hot options. Instead of preparing espresso beverages for you, they let you use a Nespresso machine. That was a nice compromise, but still really no way for a guest to get a cappuccino or latte if that's what they wanted.

Overall the service was very good. The servers at breakfast were attentive, and the front desk staff were friendly. One of the highlights was that they put me in touch with their ticket broker to get tickets to Man United @ Arsenal. The staff were very helpful in making multiple phone calls, and ultimately I was able to secure very good seats at a "reasonable" price -- well less than what my colleague paid a scalper at the stadium.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank cillierabbit
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Stayed here recently for two nights and although the room was rather small it was clean and an excellent location. Although there was a queue for breakfast it moved fast and the breakfast was excellent. I would return. It's walking distance from tube station.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the hotels lovely quiet garden
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dilly1253
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Stayed here for several days in March with my husband and teen daughter.This hotel was very clean, welcoming and most convenient to the subway which was great! The rooms were on the smaller side than what we are accustomed to coming from the USA but it was still fine for what we needed, a place to relax and sleep comfortably after many LONG days of touring London! The hotel staff,( especially a big shout out to Kremena who is wonderful and so friendly and helpful) could not have been nicer or more helpful!

We especially loved and looked forward to their delicious breakfast buffet every morning.Everything from fresh cheeses to fruits, cereals, baked goods, eggs, sausage and so much more! It truly was so nice every morning being able to enjoy a wonderful breakfast right there in a very relaxing dining area before heading out for a full day of touring.

The location which is not far from the tube station was easy and convenient .We will absolutely stay here again if we are lucky enough to come back to fantastic London !!!Having stayed in this hotel has definitely made our trip that much more enjoyable and memorable.;)

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank fitzus
Reviewed 24 April 2013

This was our second visit to London and of course we made sure to stay at the K+K Hotel George! The staff are simply wonderful, kind and truly cared about making sure our stay in London was a great experience. I have to recognize Malwina for her consistently high level of professionalism and incredibly insightful caring for weary travelers--an individual to be emulated for sure. The K+K Hotel George is tucked away on a beautiful side street just off Earls Court Road less than a block away from the Tube Station! When you walk into the lobby you are met with the friendly staff (very proud of their hotel) and beautiful decor topped off with fresh flowers daily. Every morning there is a wonderful breakfast provided with a myriad of tasty foods to sustain you on your daily travels about London. The wait staff are highly attentive and very conscientious; you will have have plenty and tea and coffee available. As you sit in the breakfast room, you can look out over the beautiful garden (it in itself is a small botanic wonder), where Caroline the gardener tends to the daily care of the plants. (She is a joy to chat with for sure!) The rooms are comfortable and well maintained. There is free Wifi and computer(s) available in the lobby and down on the lower floor by the small exercise room. I don't want to forget to mention the bar and restaurant which chicly decorated (sophisticated and comfortably) making it a great place to unwind at the end of the day. We found the K+K Hotel George to wonderful sanctuary where we and rest, relax and recharge comfortably while in London. We are already looking forward to our return in the near future to London and the K+K Hotel George will be where we will stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple