K+K Hotel George
US$215
US$188
galahotels.com
3,709 results
All reviewsearl's courtquiet streettube stationbreakfast buffetearl s courtoverlooking the gardenpiccadilly linetriple roomheathrow airportfree internetminute walkrooms are smalltwo blocksconvenient locationvery nice hotelexcellent locationlondon hotel
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We were very happy with our choice of hotel and will definitely stay again and recommend to our family and friends. Staff were excellent, and wanting to help 24hrs a day. Lots of nice little extras, like bathrobes and fruit in the room. Breakfast was absolutely delicious, a chance to indulge. Underfloor heating in bathroom, tablet on desk, wifi, mini bar. Parking on site booked with room. Everything we could need and more. Rooms on small side but more than made up for it in every way. Very happy guests.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
K_K_General_Manager, General Manager at K+K Hotel George, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear 3skye,

Many thanks for choosing K+K Hotel George for your recent visit to London. We very much appreciate you review and kind comments.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back.

I wish you a Merry Christmas.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

This is our third stay at K&K Hotel George and each stay has been consistently good.

The location is one of the best attributes of the hotel. A 3-minute walk from the Earl’s Court tube on the Piccadilly line which leads to Piccadilly Circus, Heathrow Airport and to King’s Cross St Pancras for the Eurostar. Earl’s Court has pubs, supermarkets, an M&S food store, laundrettes and an old police box that really looks like the Tardis. We walked to the Natural History Museum and Harrods – it probably took about 20 mins and 30 mins respectively.

The rooms are modern, clean and London-size so typically small. The room has a fridge, a good size in-room safe and free wifi (the wifi was patchy at times). The air conditioning seemed rather weak but was adequate.

The hotel has a lovely garden at the back of the hotel. The hotel is on a quiet road so noise shouldn’t be a problem on either side but the garden side has a pleasant view and is always quiet.

Unlike our earlier visits, this time our room rate included breakfast which was a welcome change. The breakfast was self service (other than tea and coffee), well organised and good quality.

The hotel uses an unusual magnetic key system and the room keys are left at reception when you leave the hotel. The staff were very good at recognising guests but, given the number of guests and reception staff, it should have been standard to have to provide personal details along with a room number to given the key.

We will definitely be back to stay at K&K Hotel George again.

Room Tip: Garden side is quiet and has a nice view
Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Hataitans,

We are delighted that you have now visited us 3 times and for your wonderful review. We certainly strive for consistency across all K+K Hotels and our operating standards have recently been tweaked to ensure the consistency in all 10 hotels. We have conducted extra training sessions for our staff.

We benchmark our quality standards versus our neighbouring competitors as well as benchmarking ourselves internally with the other K+K Hotels.

We wish you a Merry Christmas and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I'd give 3.5 stars if I could. First of all, the staff was great. I had a sprained ankle and arrived too early to check in, and they helped me get ice and take a nap in the reclined chairs in the small gym while icing my ankle. That was fantastic. The room was fine--quite small, but I am only one person. I had gotten a "women's special" rate. The flowers were nice. The Cosmo magazine I could have done without. It's a terrific location, very convenient to Kensington and the tube. Breakfast was fine--did not blow me away, but didn't disappoint me, either. My only real issue was that the internet was very unreliable. I had a terrible connection, and the staff kindly bringing a router to boost it did not actually help (perhaps the router had gotten accidentally reset?) If you're not traveling for work, this may not matter. I'd definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Travelinggrrl,

Many thanks for choosing K+K Hotel George for your recent visit to London. We appreciate you taking the time to submit your review.

All K+K Hotels offer fast and free Internet as we believe it is essential to be connected. I apologise that your Internet was poor. We regularly check the signal strength in all rooms and install extra WiFi senders as required.

I hope your ankle has recovered.

I wish you Happy Christmas and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Excellent hotel, really atmospheric and lovely. One thing that brought the experience down was the services from the main desk. The taxi company they employ charged almost 50 percent above average fares for London destinations. In addition the front desk refused to give me an estimate before the cab arrived which left me in the awkward position of turning the driver down as he arrived. As I complained the duty manager came up with some sort of binder and exclaimed rather aggressively that it was in their contract. In summary: like the place, did not appreciate the rip-off service.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Forgemcd,

Many thanks for choosing K+K Hotel George for your recent trip to London. Many thanks also for contributing your review.

I offer my sincere apologies that you were not informed about the taxi charges. We have fixed prices for all postcodes and airports from our executive car service.

We wish you a wonderful Christmas and look forward to offering you our usual high service standards for your next stay.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

The hotel has the same facade as the row houses on its block but inside is clutter-free, efficient, and pleasant. Our room was comfortable; the bathroom stocked with toiletries. Great water pressure in the shower. The bar and lounge area is inviting and great for relaxing after a day of sightseeing. Food is very good. A large garden can be accessed from the restaurant. Workout facilities and computers available for guests in the lower lever. AND only 3 blocks from the Earl's Court tube stop.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple