“Lovely few days”

K+K Hotel George
Ranked #189 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I went there with my partner for her birthday and valentines , the hotel is easy to find and not far from the earls court tube. We were given directions to the tube that got us a bit lost but i would say go through the little street ahead of you when you come out of the hotel and turn right and you are 3 minutes away. We stayed in a normal double room which was very nice but i would say if you have the cash that going a room up would be worth it if you are staying for a few days as the room is a bit small. The hotel did however provide a excellent breakfast very helpful staff and a nice free bottle of sparkling wine for my partners birthday. A very nice quiet hotel and highly recommended.

1  Thank richard I

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We have just returned from a long weekend in London. One of the reasons we choose the k&K was because it was outside the congestion charge zone and had its own parking for only £ 20 a day which is great value in London. Whilst it was a little further out it was still very easy to get around London on the tube with a station just around the corner
We went for an executive room which was a little larger although still not large but it was very comfortable. The only thing that we couldn't control accurately was the temperature so it was a little hot
The staff were very accommodating and breakfast was very nice and lots of choice
Lovely garden which would be nice to sit out in warmer weather
All in all very good choice

Room Tip: I think a room overlooking the garden would be nicer
1  Thank Keiron N
Reviewed 27 February 2014

If I said this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, I would not be exaggerating! Everything was first class, the staff, the rooms, the food and the location.

Just 5 minutes walk from Earls Court Tube Station, the hotel was a site to behold. Check In was simple and efficient.

The room, if a little small, had a lovely view of the Gardens behind the hotel, but the facilities were all you could want for.

The Breakfast was first class with a huge choice and all fresh and very tasty.

I will certainly be staying here again on any visit to London.

Room Tip: Ask for a Garden view
1  Thank Ian R
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Have just returned from a two night weekend stay at the George which was booked to celebrate a birthday.
We arrived very early in the morning; unfortunately our room wasnt ready but the reception staff were very welcoming and stored our bags so we could do some sightseeing. On returning later in the afternoon we were shown to our room... I had booked a triple room and had been very worried we wouldnt have much space. I needn't have! The room was a great size with three seperate good sized (and very very comfy!) beds. Nice, bright & modern rooms, with perhaps only the bathroom being a little outdated, although the under floor heating was a nice touch:) A few minutes after check in we heard a rap at the door... we opened it to a bottle of champagne on ice to celebrate the brithday! Lovely gesture!
The public areas of the hotel were all well styled and modern, especially the bar and every staff member we experienced was helpful, polite and welcoming.
Location was perfect; quiet area but only 5 minutes walk from Earls Court tube station so great links to everywhere.

The only thing that was disappointing was the breakfast. Albeit we stayed on probably the two busiest nights of the week, we had to wait both mornings to be seated for breakfast. Every item I tried from the hot buffet was lukewarm and they forgot our tea/coffee on the first morning. Pastries and continental items were great though.

Would I stay again? DEFINATELY... especially at the price - £290 for a triple room or two nights... Excellent by London standards!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Have just returned from a two night stay at the K & K. The location is spot on, hotel is clean and comfortable. The staff are lovely, service excellent and breakfast was fabulous, with a lovely choice of fresh food. Would definitely return again. Thanks for a lovely time.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 768karen
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Ok, not sure if anyone else has written this but will say it right at the outset! What seemed like everyone in the hotel all coming down for breakfast at 9.30 on Saturday was not a good idea as it meant we had to wait quite a while to be seated. Having said that I was really impressed at how polite the staff remained and how clearly standards were not going to be allowed to slip! We have been to the KK George before and this stay was equally as good as the others. The room we stayed in was on the back of the hotel over looking the garden which was a bonus. Staff as friendly and as helpful as ever! Thanks for another good stay.

Room Tip: Try and get one one the back, they over look the garden and are quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2014

the hotel itself is lovely - well maintained and clean and looks new. reception and bar areas great. room great, even the small bathroom didnt bother me. BUT there is absolutely NO WI-FI reception at all in the rooms on the lower floor, which was frustrating as I could not do any work in my room at all. Tried it on the ground floor but it was so slow and dropped out I gave up. The other option was to use the communal internet tables but as these were occupied with excitable teenagers facebooking each other I gave up. The next morning my shower was luke warm at best with intermittent blasts of cold water. Unfortunatly I then had to QUEUE 30 minutes in the foyer area to wait to be seated for breakfast. Poor. I cant beleive this was a one off and maybe they should think about extending the food area?. So all in all I was left frustrated, cold and hungry and this has put me off returning Im afraid as the rooms, beds, staff, decor and location was otherwise great!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo