K+K Hotel George
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
3,663 results
All reviewsearl's courtquiet streettube stationbreakfast buffetearl s courtoverlooking the gardenpiccadilly linetriple roomheathrow airportfree internetminute walkrooms are smalltwo blocksconvenient locationvery nice hotelexcellent locationlondon hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2014

it is always like coming home. I appreciate that a lot of the staff is tehre for years and they recognize you - great Service. The best breakfast buffet you can find, good Quality of Food. I would appreciate if there are some gluten and lactose free products.

Room Tip: room to garden - you hear the birds singing
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at K+K Hotel George. The location is great with Earl's Court right around the corner. I love being able to have a quick meal near my hotel in the evenings, and there are plenty of options near Earl's court.

The staff were friendly and helpful and my room was a decent size for London. I enjoyed the complimentary biscuits with my tea every morning.

The only thing I did not like was having to leave my room key at the reception every time I left the hotel. I prefer taking my key with me, when I go out.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Anna B
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Absolutely fabulous hotel. Couldn't fault it in any way. We are 3 sisters who like to visit London once a year together. This is by far the best hotel we have stayed in. Location was great just 2 mins walk from Earls Court station. From the moment we arrived to be greeted by smiling, friendly staff until we left, all our needs were met...and then some!The building itself is beautiful, open and spacious but the lovely garden is an excellent bonus. It was quiet and peaceful. Breakfast was super, with plenty of cereals, fresh and dried fruit&seeds, fresh bread/rolls&pastries, cold meats, cheeses and cooked breakfast as well as juices and even a Nespresso machine.We found our room to be a bit cramped as I had requested 3 single beds, as opposed to camp bed. Next morning I inquired about possibly changing & we were advised to pack up our stuff and it would be moved into another room by the time we returned...no fuss or hassle. I actually preferred the camp bed as it was a double and our new room had access to the garden-as the weather was glorious while we were there this was just great!Lovely memorable break...not biased but we noted that the manager is Irish too!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front would look out onto the street which is a lovely view and it is a quiet area. Rooms at the overlook the beautiful garden and ground floor rooms have access to it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed here for two nights towards the first half of April, 2013 in a Classic Double room and had made the booking directly with the hotel, more or less at the last minute.

I arrived via taxi after having taken the Airport Express from Heathrow Airport. It was interesting to find the hotel located along a quiet street, not something I minded though at the time.

Arrival

There was no assistance provided with luggage and it’s clearly a service that wouldn’t usually be provided here. I carried the luggage up through the hotel entrance. The reception staff had a friendly and welcoming demeanour and I was checked into my room without too much fuss. Again, there was no assistance provided with the luggage as I carried the cases up through the lift and to my room.

The Classic Double Room

Given the older and traditional exterior of the hotel (quite commonly found in London), it was pleasing to find that the room was thoroughly modern in all aspects. The room seemed to be modest in size so it’s surprising to read from previous reviews that the room is considered to be quite big by London standards.

I was a little concerned immediately by the creaky floor, given that it creaked quite obviously everytime that I walked across the room. Perhaps it was one sign of age that the modern refurbishment in the hotel couldn’t cover.

I had booked the double-bed room and it was pleasing to note that it was comfortable and provided a very good night’s sleep. Also, importantly, the room was completely and thoroughly clean with a good job done by housekeeping twice.

The TV was a flatscreen, modestly sized by today’s standards. I was surprised to see the range of channels available from the satellite TV and it was a common experience during my travels throughout Europe. The internet wi-fi access was complimentary but at times seemed quite slow although at times it could be quite fast.

I was pleased to see the modern bathroom to go with the modern bedroom. It was nicely set up with granite used throughout the layout. It was still quite cold at the time in London so the under-floor heating was definitely welcome. There was no rainshower or bathtub in the bathroom (wouldn’t have been enough space to fit a bathtub) but the shower itself was good and Grohe-branded. Toiletries supplied were of a reasonable quality, not the best and certainly not to be considered upmarket.

Soundproofing generally wasn’t an issue from other rooms but I encountered an issue with the noise emanating from the street level on the last morning at about 3 or 4 a.m. and it disturbed my sleep. Perhaps there was a party going on at the time but I could definitely hear the sound of music drifting through. Having said that, the hotel is located in a generally quiet street. There are other rooms with views out towards the gardens but my room looked out directly towards the front entrance and I was only able to see the sight of other buildings, which was not too bad since I’m not used to seeing traditional and older-style buildings such as found in London.

Overall, I’d describe the room as clean, modern and simply styled. I thought the creaking floor was without doubt one of the main issues.

Please note that I have videos of the hotel room, which can be found through the link in my profile section.

Location and Public Areas/Facilities

I found the location to be very convenient and not too far from the main points of interest in the city, as it’s located not too far from the Earls Court Tube station and from there it was not too far to the more central stations such as Westminster and Piccadilly Circus. In the immediate vicinity was Earls Court Road, which has a number of convenient eateries and a grocery is also very nearby too. Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens are also located within walking distance, about 1 km away. I initially liked the quiet location of the hotel, along a relatively secluded street so it was disappointing to experience the small incident on the last morning with the noise from the street coming into the room, although it was quiet for the most part during the evenings.

Being a relatively small hotel, there weren’t huge and expansive public areas. I managed to try the hotel restaurant for breakfast. There wasn’t much of wait to get into the breakfast area, as I arrived early. I liked the sight of a good variety of quality English broadsheets in the restaurant entrance area. There was a good variety of food on offer for the breakfast buffet without being extremely comprehensive. The breakfast quality was good but the sausages and hashbrowns seemed a bit dry. The layout, decor and setting was stylish and upmarket with nice views out towards the gardens. I found it perhaps a little too upmarket for my liking.

Staff Service

The staff were friendly on the whole, although some were better than others. I noted that not many of them appeared to be British, not that it mattered. In fact, it was good to see variety in that aspect and expected, as the UK is part of the EU after all. Perhaps given the hotel group’s origins, many of the staff could have been from Austria. I asked for a taxi to be called while checking out and it took me to the Four Seasons in Canary Wharf; I was surprised at the high fare of £40 for the distance covered.

An issue concerned the drop-off and pick-up of room keys each time upon exit and entry of the hotel, something that I certainly was not used to. I had an issue once where upon trying to pick up the room keys, I found quite a long queue for check-in and had to wait a while before picking up the keys so it’s something that could be problematic for anyone entering and exiting the hotel many times during the day.

Conclusion

Overall, I had a very good stay here. In summary, the hotel is a good four-star operation with comfortable and modern rooms. The location of the hotel was good, not right in the centre of London but also mostly in a quiet and relaxed location. A good boutique hotel experience.

NOTE: I have videos of the hotel room available through the link in my profile section.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank perryw
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I just popped in for a drink on the 19th March with some guests staying in this hotel. I can tell that their check in was smooth and quick. The room with a king size bed was very small and the bathroom even smaller-just had a walk in shower. The hotel offers free wi-fi which is great. So we had a drink and some bites in the lounge. Serving was kind and quick, very impressive; special thanks to the lady that served us (not sure about the name, blonde hair). But overall I missed something...when I left the hotel, none of the bar or reception staff greeted me, wished good night or say goodbye. The hotel itself looks nice, it is located in a really quiet area, but too far from the citycentre or from attractions.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business