“Nearly there”

K+K Hotel George
Ranked #173 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Hotel is a very short walk from Earls Court station, but sufficiently far to be unaffected by traffic noise. There is a delightful garden which is a perfect place to enjoy a quiet read.
I was greeted by a most helpful and efficient receptionist and given a very clean and comfortable room. There were two electrical sockets by the desk/dressing table, one UK 3 pin, one continental which I am sure is helpful to overseas visitors. There are other UK sockets in the room which could be used if more than one appliance needed charging. There was just one chair but as I was alone that was fine.
The dining room is comfortable and a reasonable menu is fairly priced. The service was excellent and the food very tasty. I have just one small suggestion for the Hotel. The dinner was served on cold plates and and the apple strudel was soggy because it had apparently been microwaved. This prevented me from awarding 5 stars
Breakfast gave a wide choice, I had a light English cooked breakfast which was perfect.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
K_K_General_Manager, General Manager at K+K Hotel George, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Barcelona42,

Many thanks for choosing K+K Hotel George for your recent business trip. Many thanks for your most constructive review, kind comments and our deficiencies..

Oops! Sorry about the cold plates and soggy strudel. Very embarrasing for an Austrian hotel.

We will rectify these issues and very much look forward to welcoming back again soon.

Colm Kelly

Write a ReviewReviews (3,491)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and i have stayed in many London Hotels including many designated 5 *. This was our best experience for several reasons. It is absdolutely the best location for transpoirtation. We took the tube andf bus and connected to the railroad. Secondly, the hotel looks like a London hotel. It's not an impersonal high ris. The outdoor garden is a plus and the staff is extremely competant without being overly burdensome.Our oom was large enough, the bathroom clean and functional and the breakfast bufgfet good quality. We'll be staying there again....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Helenewe,

Your 5* review is amazing. Many thanks for choosing to stay with us and the wonderful comment "best experience" in London.

I am very proud of my team and great praise for them is most rewarding.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Our stay at K and K George in London was great. The rooms were very clean and the service was outstanding. The beds and pillows were comfortable. As with all London hotels, the rooms were not spacious by American standards, but we did have a small sitting space in the executive room. We also were provided with an exceptional fruit basket which we enjoyed very much. Our only disappointment was the breakfast. The eggs were not cooked as they are in American. The were very sunny side up, bordering on raw. We were disappointed in the breakfast. There were lots of options on the buffet, but not too much that tasted like it would in America. I know we should not expect it to do so, but it really would have been nice. We stuck with the pastries, juice, and tea and coffee which were excellent. The teenage boys ate several bowls of cereal. The location in Earl's Court was great. I would highly recommend this small botique hotel over one of the Americanize tourist or travel tour hotels. Very quiet, tube close by, and numerous restaurants within an easy walk. Really felt like we were a local versus a tourist in a mass populated hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 630Karen

Dear 630Karen,

Many thanks for staying at k+K Hotel George for your vacation recently and for submitting your review. Sorry about the eggs. We can cook your eggs to order. Just ask. We vary our buffet from time to time and especially for festive days.

This Friday is 4th July Independence Day,so we will have pancakes and waffles, muffins and I'm looking forward to trying grits for the first time.

We will also offer some French specialities for Bastille Day on July 14.

Your great recoomendation is highly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times before, as the location is so convenient & everywhere is lovely & clean. It is rather over priced at £220 per night for bed & breakfast, as several of my colleagues stayed at other hotels in Kensington which were at least £50 per night cheaper. On entering the hotel, the reception area is welcoming & the lounge & dining room areas are tastefully furnished & comfortable. There are computers available in communal areas & wifi in bedrooms. The food at dinner & breakfast was good value & tasty & the dining room staff were excellent - so attentive & friendly. I was allocated a room on the 5th floor immediately opposite the lift which was not ideal, but the reception staff changed this to another room on the 2nd floor without any problems when I complained. The rooms are small, but again, tastefully furnished with all mod cons including a fridge with mini bar, plenty of clothes hanging space & a safe. The beautiful modern bathroom was scrupulously clean & had a lovely spacious walk in shower. More towels would have been appreciated though, as only one of each size supplied. Despite turning the air con to zero & switching off the fan, it still seemed to come on during the night which made the room rather cold. There are also beautiful gardens at the back of the hotel which are perfect for relaxing on a warm summer's evening.

Room Tip: Templeton Place is not a noisy road, should you be allocated a room at the front of the hotel. Howev...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mary140414
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We have just recently returned from a vacation with our three children. This trip was years in the making as it is very expensive to travel as a family to Europe, period. I spent many hours deciding which hotel would be very nice, at least a four star, with good proximity to a tube station that wouldn't completely break the bank, but that would give us a real "London feel". I am happy to report that this hotel fit the bill perfectly. Not only were the included daily breakfasts plentiful with many warm food items, the the staff was very nice and helpful. Rooms were as I expected in terms of size (we had two, a king size room and a triple occupancy room) and one the best parts of this hotel, was that lovely little courtyard, a rare find indeed. I/we it used daily to relax in and have a coffee or a quick snack after being out all day sightseeing. I would come back here in a heartbeat and will definitely considered other K&K hotels for future travels.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Mary G
Reviewed 22 June 2014

For the most part we enjoyed this hotel. The location was good, near the tube stop and in a nice area. The room was clean and roomy, and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. We had a view of the garden, which was just lovely. The in-room tablets were a welcome touch and contained useful information about the hotel and surrounding area. Breakfast was tasty and filling - I would advise ordering your tea and coffee as you are seated though because it can get quite busy in the morning and several times we were done eating before I got my caffeine.

The plastic block for a key which you have to turn in to the front desk every time you leave the building and pick up when you come back was a bit strange to us but it worked out fine. My husband hated the shower - the shower door only covered half the bath as a style choice but it was completely inadequate to actually keep the water inside and the water heat & pressure apparently left quite a bit to be desired. As someone who prefers baths, I didn't have any problems with it. The room included tea and coffee facilities, but I would check the creamers before pouring them in to your beverage as we had a couple in our area which were moldy and spoiled.

Despite those few small niggles, this hotel was still a great value for the money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A_of_H
Reviewed 22 June 2014

All in all, this is a nice hotel in a very convenient location right by the Earl's Court Tube. I would stay here again. The reception staff is very good.

Our room was small, and it smelled of smoke and food after being cleaned each day. I am sure someone on staff was smoking in there.

The breakfast is big and varied. Overall the food is good. The sausage was not that good. Eggs were great, as was the bread and cheese selection. Bucks Fizz and juices were all good. The service at the breakfast room was not friendly and in most cases it seemed like guests were a bother to the staff. This is the reason why I cannot give it a four star review.

The restaurant and bar are suitable, though a lack of cask ales and no variety in beers on tap is disappointing.

Room Tip: Get the executive room. It is small, but the regular rooms are tiny.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family