K+K Hotel George
US$189
galahotels.com
US$203
3,712 results
All reviewsearl's courtquiet streettube stationbreakfast buffetearl s courtoverlooking the gardenpiccadilly linetriple roomheathrow airportfree internetminute walkrooms are smalltwo blocksconvenient locationvery nice hotelexcellent locationlondon hotel
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The hotel itself was great. The breakfast was delicious, staff was helpful, and the room was spacious. Since we were only in London for 3 days, we would have liked to be closer to the center of London so that we didn't have to trek back out to Earl's Court to change for dinner, etc. Although Earl's Court is on the Piccadilly line, we felt that is was still a little bit far from things we wanted to see. The concierge also made dinner reservations for us upon request. My only complain is that our bed upon arrival

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hannah L
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I reviewed this hotel some years ago. I gushed about it then and gave it five stars. I recommended it to all my friends. On this last visit I was seriously disappointed and I'm not sure I can stay here again. The housekeeping was so poor I often wondered if anyone had cleaned the room at all. The water in the shower unexpectedly shifts to freezing cold or scalding hot in seconds (a problem noted by other reviewers) which guarantees a quickie shower! The air conditioning didn't work properly and the unit rattled. One mattress was firm, the other was so uncomfortably soft. I complained but the staff were quite indifferent, and nothing changed. The only reason I don't give the hotel a "one star" now is because the view of the gardens and the breakfast buffet is still remarkable. I am sooooo disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank Basketballfan
K_K_General_Manager, General Manager at K+K Hotel George, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Basketballfan,

Many thanks for giving K+K Hotel George 5* in your 2012 review, for recommending us to friends and for choosing to return again in February 2014.

I am most disappointed to read that you did not receive our usual very high housekeeping standards during your last stay. Cleanliness is always our top score. My team are trained to recover service in the event of a complaint. I apologize that we did not address your concerns to your satisfaction.
Air-conditioning is not necessary in London in February when the average temperature is 7C / 44F. We like most hotels switch it off to save the planet.

I kindly request that you give us a further opportunity to receive our usual high standards and make your reservation direct with me.

Sincerely
Colm Kelly, General Manager

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This hotel was part of a package we purchased for our recent trip to London. It is within walking distance to the underground station at Earl's Court. The rooms are small, but we Americans tend to want more than we need and we actually found it cozy. There was plenty of storage for our clothes, even though it seemed like we brought all of our belongings. The bathrooms were not as small as I expected. We had a great view of the garden from our room. The staff was friendly and very helpful whenever we needed information. The breakfast was fantastic, couldn't have asked for anything more.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kim L
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Located a stone's throw away from Earls Court Station in London, this Hotel promises more than it delivers. From the exterior you get the impression of a first-class establishment with plenty of history and class. However your expectations fail to reach any notable levels once you enter. The interior is quite dated and in need of a make-over. The rooms and hallways are cramped - even for London standards - and the service was dour and confusing probably given the fact everyone I spoke to was a foreigner. The location is fairly central but you are still a good 5 or 6 stops from Oxford Street, Trafalgar Square and some of the major attractions in London. There are definitely better located hotels for a more reasonable price. On the plus side, the buffet breakfast was a treat, full of freshly baked pastries and cakes and a superb selection of teas. The courtyard and adjoining parkland at the rear of the hotel was also very quaint and relaxing after a long day of sightseeing and shopping in London. Some tender-loving-care and an English lesson or two would greatly enhance the aura of this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Zen K
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We recently spent 4 nights at this excellent hotel. The staff could not have been more efficient or kind. The cleanliness, comfort and over all atmosphere of the establishment was superb. The morning breakfast staff in the dining room provided us with glorious smiles and service that one might expect to receive at a hotel charging hundreds of pounds more. Our travel agent had booked us at The George, we not having been previously familiar with the chain, and now that we have discovered K+K Hotel quality (having spent 6 nights at the Hotel Cayre Paris during the same recent holiday) we will surely book again wherever K + K's are available. Thank you for a delightful and memorable stay. Kudos to your entire staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family