“In city centre, comfortable, close to tube, value for money”

Kensington Court Hotel
Ranked #821 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This is a reasonable hotel in the centre of London. Considering hotels/overpriced in London at £60-£75/night this hotel is reasonable with continental breakfast included. Double room I stayed in was decent size, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was decent. Very close to underground and lots of restaurants, sainsbury,boots etc. Would certainly recommend it for a short stay if you want to travel around London quick. Check-in was quick and courteous including checkout.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 December 2013

The Kensington Court hotel is ideally placed for a trip to London with tube, taxi's and buses and restaurants very close by. The ground floor entrance area to the hotel is fabulously opulent with at least 6 staff on hand to help....too many I thought!!! AND parking which is always a bonus (however £35 a day was painful!!!,) All this was making me think we had a lovely hotel, however the price did not include breakfast so at just over a hundred pounds a little pricey by my standards!! The check in was pleasant as were the staff...upon entering our room I immediately turned around and back to the reception as the wall in one corner was VERY damp and mouldy and I don't mean a little bit, it was 2foot up the wall!! The reception must have been expecting something as there was a raised eyebrow when they saw the room number and gave me another room, executive apparently, with no quibble at all. The second room was MUCH nicer, having no damp and I guess had been refurbished, you could also walk around the very comfortable bed, unlike the other room where you had to sidle!!! It still wasn't as large as a Travelodge room!! The view was non existent but then I wasn't expecting the hanging gardens of Babylon!!!! Would only stay here again if breakfast was included for that price and I didn't get that room again! The Copthorne Tara is right next door and nicer rooms although more expensive.

Room Tip: If you get 129 ask for another!!!!! 179 was ok.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Booking our stay here for a birthday , we received our confirmation a week before coming. When arrived at the hotel we was told that they had cancelled our room and was no longer available for us. As u can imagine travelling nearly 3 hours there too be told that was not very good. Only because we asked if there was anywhere else they rang up another hotel for us . But all in all would never stay here after this trouble and the hotel we stayed at in the end was amazing and they was so helpful

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Wonderful27
Reviewed 7 December 2013

The Earl's Court station was literally a two minute walk from the hotel, and what's more was there was a Marks & Spencer's food store just around the corner, as was a Boot's store. The desk staff were very helpful and kind, although the cleaners were horrid. We didn't spend much time in our room because we were out shopping, but the room was compact but clean & tidy. The TV was very large, and had a good range of channels. The breakfast was filled with many different options (i.e. toast, cereal, yoghurt, cheese etc.), so I recommend if its free, take the opportunity. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Rooms in basement get quite stuffy at night.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This was last minute stay in London for around 100£ per night.
Hotel is totally terrible! I can't give a 3*, really! It's a 2* hotel!
Wi-Fi didn't work. We've got a triple room but booked a double. Room was pretty large, beds comfortable and duvets great just... I was surprised when I tried to close a curtains... There was a dirty ladies socks! Wow! Other nice surprise was dust on the mini bar doors... Looks like there is no housekeeping at all, disgusting!
We are living in 21th century but bathroom.... I've no worlds, really.... Under sink piece of wall was broken I even couldn't fix that!
Breakfast was poor.
Overall I'm not suggesting this hotel. For this amount you can find much, much better hotel in London, even 4*!
One good think is large TV, good sleep at night, close to underground that's all I can say about this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2013

WExcellant hotel nice room, very helpful staff excellant breakfast also had a resturant for food at night if you didnt want to go out, they also had room service. It was judt round the corner fromKensington Tube Station. In the area were plenty pf shops to visit, I would deffinetaly stay at this hotel and recommedn it to my friends, if they visit London.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with redspottedhanky.com
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights on a quick London stopover. It's clean, nice staff, provided maps, very conveniently located and has very spacious rooms. The neighborhood is also great - has a lot of restaurants/bars in walking distance, grocery stores, bakeries, coffee, banks and a tube station two blocks away. Great value.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo