“Enjoyable stay”

Ranked #253 of 1,063 Hotels in London
St Austell, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We had a very pleasant stay here. The staff very polite & friendly. The room was very comfortable & clean. Very convenient location. Would definately stay here again & the price was very reasonable considering its in such a good location.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Francesco P, General Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
Dear Alice,

Thank you for the lovely comments.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your time with us and very much look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Francesco Palminteri

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
India
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I stayed at the Kingsway hall for a night and really dont have much to complain about apart from the initial confusion of getting my room shifted away from the lifts. I also do not have much to praise the hotel about.

The rooms are spacious but no view to speak of just like other London hotels. Special thanks to the bell boy who was always on hand to help and a picture of quick efficiency.

Food at the buffet breakfast is good but no variety to speak off.

In general the hotel looks like it is ageing (perhaps this has got to do with the lighting and furninshing in comparison to the newer hotels)..and the staff do look like they could do with some more fun and smiles on the job.

A decent place to stay none the less.
Covent Garden is a short walk away.

Room Tip: Stay ere if you geta good deal
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Francesco P, General Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2012
Dear HindoostanWanderer ,

I trust you had a safe and comfortable journey back home, and would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.co.uk.

I was delighted to learn that based on your experience you found the overall stay to be a positive one; However, I was sorry to learn that some aspects of our services did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that I shall personally discuss these at length with all the Managers concerned who, together with my support, will take the necessary steps to avoid repetition in the future.

It is our aim at the Kingsway Hall Hotel to achieve a level of service which is beyond our guests’ expectations, and I am therefore grateful you have advised me of this valuable feedback.

We very much hope we shall be afforded the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future, and in the meantime, if you feel I may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Yours sincerely,

Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Excellent place to stay, can be expensive but i have never had a complaint there, when I am in London visiting casinos i always try and stop here. Its less than a 5 min walk from the tube "Holburn" 5 min walk to Covent Garden then another 5 mins to LSQ, Just keep looking for the good deals

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Dear Karl M,

Thank you for the lovely comments.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your time with us once again and very much look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed 4 August 2012

The hotel is on the western edge of the Covent Garden area, walkable to most things in the West End. The room was nicely furnished in traditional style and very comfortable, and was not as small as some rooms in central London. There is a nice bar and restaurant (breakfast was good).

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear Rickpw,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.
You review was a pleasure to read and I shall personally ensure that your kind comments are passed onto my team.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the meantime, if we may assist you further, please do not hesitate to contact us direct.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I stayed here for three nights last week. It's a good location, very close to Holborn station and Covent Garden. The foyer of the hotel is beautiful and the staff are friendly but it's a number of things that let this hotel down. My first piece of advice would be to request a room at the front of the hotel, I got a poor night's sleep on the Saturday because staff in a nearby pub or the hotel itself regularly threw bottles into a bin/bottle bank outside our room until late that night. (There was no similar problem any other night.) The room was quite old fashioned and very small, so much so that the twin beds had been pushed together rather than being separated. The room would have been fine for a double bed but I don't think it was suitable for two singles. It was clean and tidy however. The selection of television channels was quite poor. I'm not expecting full Sky+ but something other than the basic few would be a huge improvement. The internet is extremely expensive in room and it's not even WiFi. There is WiFi in the lobby, but there's a charge for that too. I can't say I've ever been in a hotel where internet access wasn't free in the lobby, at least not in the last decade! The bar has a 15% service charge, while I certainly don't object to tipping when I feel it's earned, I think is excessive as you still have to place your order at the bar instead of having full table service. I have to say that there was no huge calamity during our stay, however there were a number of little things that irked me about the hotel. If these aspects were dealt with, then I think it would be a 5/5 for me. However, if those are not the kinds of things that bother other travellers, this would be a great hotel for them.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Aoife-Marie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.co.uk.
We were delighted to learn that most of your expectations were met, and I shall personally ensure that your kind comments are passed onto all those concerned.
We sincerely hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future and in the meantime, if we may assist further, please do not hesitate to contact us direct.

Reviewed 27 July 2012 via mobile

Beautiful hotel with high quality rooms. Just a little costly if on a budget. However a real treat! Staff polite and friendly, also very helpful . Definitely will return. Also locational is super, it's a dream as it is do close to west end. I really enjoyed my stay here, we had a magical time.

• Stayed July 2012
Francesco P, General Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Dear MissEvb,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.
For fantastic deals on our rates, please check our website kingswayhall . co . uk and book well in advance!

France
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We chose this hotel due to location next to our event at Freemason Hall. There were a few negative reviews but it's location was all important.
We were very pleasantly surprised by our stay.
The room was very clean, Melton Mowbray bath products and good size safe and adequate teas a making glasses etc.
As usual mini bar extortionate but room service sustainable prices. Main restaurant has a good value set menu and varied a la carte. Bell hop not very attentive, certainly need some work here.
But certainly No Bugs No cobwebs etc etc etc.
All very good, pleasant stay at a good price. £118 STD room and £142 deluxe.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple