“Kingsway Hall Hotel”

Kingsway Hall Hotel
Ranked #244 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We stayed here 3 years ago for a momentous birthday and came back this weekend for another birthday stay. The receptionist gave us a great room on the 7th floor, round the back of the hotel as there is nightclub next door in full swing at the weekend. The beds were super comfy for me and the bathroom has all you need. There is a kettle etc with all the teas and coffees that you need also.
There is a good flat screen TV with the main channels available...I did not fully check how many. Breakfast is good and the hot buffet is actually hot, not tepid as in many hotels.
All staff were very attentive.
We had dinner close in a restaurant near Covent Garden by then a river cruise with high tea the following day. All within walking distance.

Room Tip: The Connaught runs a nightclub next door so if you are a light sleeper, ask for a quiet room round t...
1  Thank mjw44
Francesco P, General Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Dear Mjw44,

Your review made our day!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distnat future.

There are newer reviews for Kingsway Hall Hotel

Reviewed 28 October 2012

This hotel is in a fantastic position 5min walk into covent garden 15min walk into London.This hotel is very clean, all staff are very friendly,The bar offers lovely cocktails.We had a room service breakfast excellent value for money,fresh fruit,cooked breakfast,cereals,pastries,toast.fresh orange juice and tea or coffee.The room also has tea and coffee facilities,ironing board iron and trouser press.The only reason I didn't give it a 5 was the hairdryer in the bathroom is poor.Ladies remember to pack a hairdryer! And that is my only fault.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Dear SwindonJetblack,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.
You review was a pleasure to read and I shall personally ensure that your kind comments are passed onto my team.
We have taken not of the positioning of the haid dryer and we shall bear this in mind when the time comes and the rooms will need an uplift.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the meantime, if we may assist you further, please do not hesitate to contact us direct.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

We stayed here for two nights 19 and 20 October, very impressive hotel inside and out. It was spoilt by not having biscuits, green tea or Molton Brown products in the bedroom as mentioned in other reviews. Plus on arrival which was a Friday the receptionist gave us a voucher for a 50% off a meal in the restaurant, I asked if it still applied because it was Friday and night we were staying and she was insistent that it was valid for our stay and she signed the back of the voucher for us so the restaurant would accept it. So on the Friday night we took advantage, the Maitre d said I couldn't use it because it was a Friday night so it isn't valid, I told him that the receptionist had signed the back to authorise use of it on that evening, he took it away, was very grumpy and totally ignored us afterwards, he couldn't even bring himself to say good night to us as we left the restaurant as he stood at the door! That was a big shame because everyone else were lovely, he should learn to be more professional.

Room Tip: Our room which was on the front was very noisy on the Friday night.
1  Thank Jacq54

Dear Jacq54,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.co.uk.
We were delighted to learn that most of your expectations were met; However, I was disppointed to learn that the issue related to the restaurant voucher was not dealt with appropriately. Please allow me to reassure you that this has since been addressed with all those concerned.
With regard to the amenitites, Molton Brown is only available in the Executive and Deluxe rooms, and bisquits and special teas can be ordered, at a charge, via our Room Service.
We sincerely hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future and in the meantime, if we may assist further, please do not hesitate to contact us direct.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

I stay in London fairly often on business and usually stay in 4 or 5 star hotels. I usually select the hotel that is most convenient to my meeting or seminar to save on travelling time. To that end, I selected this hotel as my seminar was on Kingsway.
The price was as I would have expected for this quality/location (over £200 per night) however I was disappointed with the things I would have expected as standard like, slippers and dressing gown in the room (there was none), only 2 sachets of coffee and four tea bags with a kettle and 4 small pots of milk (no hot chocolate, water, biscuits, herbal tea etc), complimentary bathroom products (only a shampoo and body wash, no moisturisers or body crèmes etc - and they were very poor quality which seriously stung my eyes) and there was no offer of a paper in the morning either.
Then we come onto what they charge extra for; in the restaurant I was charged £2.50 for a small bottle of water (which I was asked if I wanted 4 times by the waiter before I accepted - when I got the bill I realised why they were so keen to push the water!!), I was offered a glass of wine but no wine list (when I asked what wines were on offer I was asked if I would like shiraz – again no offer of a wine list), to use the wireless internet in the hotel is an extra £15 a day.
Having said all that the food in the restaurant was very good, the room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast was very nice and the location was excellent
Would I use this hotel again - probably as it suited my purpose - but I would be more careful about accepting the offer of water in the restaurant!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear TheRodgerClan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.co.uk.
We were delighted to learn that most of your expectations were met, and I shall personally ensure that your kind comments and the contructive feedback are passed onto all those concerned.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

I stayed at the hotel as part of a conference. It is in a good location in Covent Garden very close to the theaters and convenient tube stops and walking distance to the British Museum amongst many other sights. You can get the hotel breakfast for 10Ls which is probably a decent price for that neighborhood. It has a number of different food options but they didn't change in the 4 days I was there. The best aspect of the hotel was the excellent service, from before check-in through the whole time I was there. After making a request via email the hotel was able to provide me with an early check-in, which really made the trip start off well and helped combat jet lag. The front desk provided a great deal of good information about London whenever I asked. I had a nice room w/ a very comfortable king size bed. The only thing was over the weekend nights the outside was pretty loud, but not too much to cause me to lose sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back as the ones on the front street were a bit loud at night.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank TravelustNYC
Francesco P, General Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Dear TravelustNYC,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

Service at this hotel was very good, staff were very helpful and friendly. The bedroom we had was a standard, nice big, comfortable bed, and good shower facilities, however the room was a little smaller than we had been expecting, and the decor could do with updating.
The best thing about this hotel was the location, just a 2 minute walk from Holborn tube. Good also for theatreland and covent garden market.

Room Tip: Agree with the other reviews, get a room facing away from the street, as it is much quieter.
1  Thank pgal8385

Dear Phali,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.co.uk.
We were delighted to learn that most of your expectations were met, and that you found the location to be very convenient.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 11 October 2012

Have stayed in this hotel twice once for an anniversary the next for a birthday both times excellent, staff friendly and helpful. As well as being in a great location close to covent garden and some really good shops & with Starbucks just on the corner all this along with it being within walking distance of theatres. If you are going to do some sightseeing catch the rv1 bus from covent garden for £2.30 you can see the sights such as tower bridge cheaper than catching the tour bus at nearly £27.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jules F
Francesco P, General Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Dear Jules F,

Thank you for the lovely review!

Delighted to learn that all your expectations were met. Your comments were a pleasure to read and I have personally shared them with myteam...let's hope we can welcome you back soon!

In the meantime, if we mayassist further, please do not hesitate to contact us direct.