Kingsway Hall Hotel
  • Room Service
US$269
US$200
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$114
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$120
US$218
US$191
galahotels.com
3,424 results
All reviewscovent gardenholborn tube stationgreat locationtheatre breakdrury lanelovely hotelwest endtheatre landleicester squareafternoon teamini barservice chargean upgradecentral locationbooked this hotelstandard roombritish museum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

This must be the fifth time we have stayed here. Our hotel of choice when in London.
Above everything else the staff are so pleasant and helpful. We will most certainly be back.
The only downside is that even having a coffee can be just a tad expensive. It cost us £9.20 for an Americano and a latte plus service charge today. Very nice but a little over the top.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Carol G
Andrew H, General Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Carol G,

Thank you so much for staying with us again and my team and I are delighted to know that you enjoyed your most recent stay.

I have noted and also shared your kind words with everyone and I do hope that you will be back in the not too distant future.

Kind regards from us all at Kingsway Hall hotel !

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We booked our room late and asked for a late check-in and a quiet room. We were too tired to go out for dinner and opted for the hotel restaurant which offered special deals for residents. The food and wine was excellent and by London standards not too expensive. During our meal we noticed contractors moving around outside but thought nothing of it. We had a sound nights sleep in a very comfortable bed. During the night however the street outside was resurfaced. We didn't hear a thing. Breakfast was impressive and without exception the staff were courteous and helpful. Given its great location and facilities we will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms are quieter from the 3rd floor up
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BrendanMcA

Dear BrendanMcA,

Thank you for staying at the Kingsway Hall hotel and I am so pleased to read that you had a really good stay with us.

The central location of the hotel is a key feature and I am delighted to read that you dined with us also. My chef was very pleased to read your comments and I have also shared your comments with the rest of the team.

Hopefully, you will stay again and I thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Well pleased all round, apart from bar prices with a service charge slapped on as well :-(
That's why we only had one drink at the hotel. This aside, room was excellent and so was the location. The breakfast is great with a nice variety. Get filled up for the day and off to walk it off. The location of this place is superb so it's ride not to walk to Soho, Covent Garden, Cinatown. Really convenient for theatreland.
Forgot to mention they do a decent deal for 2 course pre theatre.
Staff are really helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Adrian J

Dear Adrain J,

Thank you for your kind words following your stay with us at Kingsway Hall and I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and its services.

My team have read all of the recent reviews and are always motivated when they know the guests who stay here are happy.

Hopefully you will visit us again when you are looking to stay in London.

Diolch yn fawr !

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed here with the group for 4 nights at the end of August. The highlight was definitely location. Easy to reach Leicester Square, Soho, Trafalgar... Close to red and blue tube lines (Central and Piccadilly - Heathrow) to reach distant parts of the city.
Clean rooms, pleasant stay...price below expected!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TourTailor

Dear TourTailor,

Its a pleasure to read that you enjoyed Kingsway Hall hotel for your recent visit to London.

Thank you for your review too and I hope that you will return to stay with us again !

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 September 2013

For a city as expensive as London, Kingsway offered a good service at a fantastic location. For the price I paid, I was happy to realise that I was walking distance to Soho, Trafalgar Square and Chinatown, and I did spend most of my time walking around those areas. My room faced the Starbucks/grocery shop area though, so at night, it got a bit noisy which I could hear from my 2nd room floor.

The hotel itself is pretty dated though and you could tell by the interior of the room. However, it was nothing too off putting. The door was ridiculously heavy though. The TV was hard to operate and gave me fuzzy signals. Wifi was expensive at 14.99 pounds per day. Breakfast was served in a quaint little restaurant and had one of the better spreads I've seen.

The people working at the Concierge were a real gem. Immediately after we'd arrived from Heahthrow, he asked us how much we were charged, realised we paid too much and offered the services of a flat rate cab for our return journey, which I gladly took up. The cab arrived very early even though we had asked for it at 5.15am.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Andrew H, General Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear Applemyhday,

Thank you for staying with us at Kingsway Hall and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the concierge team in particular to be very helpful and proactive in regard to your return taxi journey.

I have noted all your feedback and have shared your comments with my team. Your remarks are very useful is helping to shape our service strategy going forward.

Please do stay with us again if you are planning a return triop to London and I would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel.

Kind regards and thank you for using Tripadvisor.