Kingsway Hall Hotel
US$259
US$225
galahotels.com
3,424 results
All reviewscovent gardenholborn tube stationgreat locationtheatre breakdrury lanewest endlovely hoteltheatre landleicester squareafternoon teamini barservice chargean upgradecentral locationbooked this hotelstandard roombritish museum
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We have stayed at the Kingsway Hall a couple of years ago and this is the first time we had been back and it had improved greatly. We had a a lovely stay all the staff were very helpful and friendly. The location was perfect for getting around London. The quality of the breakfast was good and the accommodation was very clean, the decor in the room was fresh. We didn't have the afternoon tea that was on offer but the quality looked very good. All of the meals looked to be good value. I would definitely use this hotel again in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Burak F, Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Guthrie2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.
You review was a pleasure to read and I shall personally ensure that your kind comments are passed onto my team.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the meantime, if we may assist you further, please do not hesitate to contact us direct.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I go to London at least twice a year and always end up trying a new place to find that perfect place for me. The Kingsway has many of these attributes, it is central, has friendly, international staff and clean, well-appointed rooms. It helps of course if you are ready to spend a bit more and get a more expensive room. So far I have stayed twice at the Kingsway, last in January 2014 and I am thinking of going back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Burak F, Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear OliverJAvert,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and glad to read that your expectations were met, and I will personally ensure that your great review is shared will all my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the meantime, if we may assist further, please do not hesitate to contact us direct

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Very much enjoyed afternoon tea last Saturday at the Kingsway Hall Hotel. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. A variety of finger sandwiches, 2 types of scones with jam and cream and assorted tasty little cakes. Attentive, polite staff were on hand to offer extra pots of tea and more scones or cakes. For more sandwiches there was a charge of £4.95
Ideal visit pre theatre. Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Nins17,

I thank for taking the time to leave a review of your recent visit to Kingsway Hall Hotel. It is my pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the Afternoon Tea experience especially the service and also the food. I will share your kind comments with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to the capital.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I arranged and booked for 12 people to have afternoon tea as part of a hens do in March. Booking was easy, and the fact that there was vegetarian and gluten-free options was just an added bonus. On the evening before our booking, I went with a friend to the restaurant where I gave the manager some confetti and balloons for our table in preparation for the following day. Well on the day, the end result it looked beautiful, I was so impressed. In regards to the afternoon tea itself, it was fine, but one or two patrons mentioned that the bread on the sandwiches was a bit dry/stale, and the service was a tad slow at times, but it was quite nice that it was non-intrusive as well as we were probably quite a rowdy bunch, but were given the space to enjoy ourselves. Special thanks to Franco (duty manager) you decorated and managed the area beautifully for us.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear globetrotting_gal

Thank you for discovering and clearly enjoying the afternoon tea at Kingsway Hall hotel. My pastry chef will be very happy to read your kind words as well as the restaurant team who looked after you. The whole experience is designed to be relaxing as you experienced first hand.

Hopefully, you will be able to visit us again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I have stayed here on a number of occasions when work has required it. It's a safe bet. Clean, convenient and good value for its central location. The £12.50 set dinner menu is good quality and the service was good. My only gripe this time £ 4.75 plus compulsory service charge for 275ml bottle of weak lager with dinner; they have stopped serving pints with dinner for the same price. .So don't eat in the restaurant if you like a drink with your meal which quickly makes the set menu much more expensive.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Burak F, Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Rower66,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.