Kingsway Hall Hotel
US$259
US$225
galahotels.com
3,424 results
All reviewscovent gardenholborn tube stationgreat locationtheatre breakdrury lanewest endlovely hoteltheatre landleicester squareafternoon teamini barservice chargean upgradecentral locationbooked this hotelstandard roombritish museum
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here for one night whilst working down in London. It is okay, just a little bit old fashioned. I got a very friendly reception from the staff and the check in was quick and painless. The room was a decent enough size, bathroom a little cramped but not too bad for one night. The TV reception/picture quality was poor and you have to pay for wifi (always annoys me in hotels!) No iron and ironing board in the room other than a little half size one, you have to phone for a proper one. Thee was only whole milk with the tea and coffee which was some own branded stuff. Having said all that It is a good location, 2 mins from Holborn tube, 10 min walk from The Strand/Covent Garden. Would I want to stay her more than a couple of nights? Probably not, I'd go for something a bit more modern.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Burak F, Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear Jonathan M

Thank you for your review and I have noted all your comments which are much appreciated.

I shall pass on all your remarks to the team and note your thoughts re WiFi which is high power and chargeable separately as not all guests wish to have their bedroom rates inflated by a service that they perhaps wouldn't use. This policy is constantly reviewed but will remain for now.

The Kingsway Hall team and I are always looking to improve the standards of hospitality and I am certain that you would be satisfied if you were to stay with us again - perhaps you would consider a re-visit and contact me to assist you with the booking.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Big thank you to all who made our weekend such a memorable one.
It was my partners birthday so not only did we get a free upgrade
there was also a birthday card in the room , lovely touch !
Room was excellent, everything was thought of , couldn't have asked for more ...Many thanks

• Stayed: March 2014
Burak F, Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear howbury,

Thank you very much for your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Kingsway Hall Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your partners birthday break with us and that you enjoyed all the facilities and service we provided you with. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I booked this hotel on the web as a 'Secret Hotel'. I was very happy to see that I had got the Kingsway. My wife and I were going to town to see Jersey Boys, and The Kingsway is ideally located for Theatreland (about 15 minutes gentle walk), with many good pubs and restaurants on the way. We were greeted in the hotel by Jessica on reception, who was very pleasant and friendly. As our original room was under maintenance, we were upgraded free of charge to a deluxe double. The room was delightful, very nicely decorated, clean, with a huge comfortable bed. The bed linen was crisp The bathroom was immaculate. We slept until almost 0900 (unheard of). Did not have food in the hotel, but if it's as good as the rest of the hotel......I would definitely stay here again and would recommend The Kingsway all day long.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Smalltree

What a lovely review! Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at The Kingsway Hall Hotel.

I am pleased you have enjoyed your stay and I will pass your feedback to Jessica and the team personally. We hope you come back for another one soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Superb value hotel off Drury Lane on the edge of Covent Garden district.
Soho is on the doorstep and all the West End theatres.
"Tube" station and main route 'bus stops are conveniently close to walk.

Accommodation:
Immaculately clean room.
Very professional and friendly people work here.
Most impressed by the splendid doorman's welcome and then by individuals at the reception desk.

Quietly situated room with only an adjacent property wall window view, but, joyfully, completely devoid of London street noise.
Furnished also with 2 armchairs and a coffee table. Desktop/TV table.
Very comfortable mattress and bedding.

Bathroom has guest toiletries, very good towelling and an overhead shower over a proper bath!
Real glass tumblers too.

Our adverse comments:-
-there were no chocolate drink sachets and one biscuit next to the kettle.
-the TV has very few of the many available Freeview UK channels.

Kingsway Hall Hotel costs less, even with its 4 star rating, has so much better service, an excellent in-house restaurant and excellent rooms compared with the basic, and often, more expensive, chain box-room "budget" places.

Ideally serves as an ideal location for couples/singles and tourists in addition to its larger facilities.

Thoroughly recommended. Loved it. Thanks to staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear HodderHobbit

Thank you for your excellent review of Kingsway Hall and all it has to offer in the way of location, excellent service and well appointed rooms.

I am pleased to learn you had such a wonderful experience and The TV channel issue has being addressed but I hope that you will consider a return visit ion the future

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Excellent location close to Covent Garden, Soho and Piccadilly Square. Lots of restaurants and theatres nearby and the tube station is just around 100 metres away, from where you get to Buckingham Palace, Knightsbridge (Harrods) and other places of interest.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Lannymara86,

Thank you very much for staying and enjoying your time at Kingsway Hall. Hopefully, you will be able to visit us again in the not too distant future.