“Fantastic Hotel in an excellent location”

Kingsway Hall Hotel
Ranked #250 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel in an excellent location”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Visited this hotel for an overnight stop in London, it is located just a 5 minute walk to covent garden and just about a two minute walk from the nearest tube. The room was clean and comfortable we were always welcomed by the happy and pro active staff. Overall great hotel and a great experience I had staying with them I would return and would recommend anybody else to stay there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear rachelcasey

Thank you for your fantastic review of The Kingsway Hall Hotel. Our hotel is ideally located in the Covent Garden with all of the major London sites within walking distance of the hotel.

I am delighted that from the moment you arrived at the hotel you were made to feel at home. Our team pride themselves on ensuring that all of our guests are well looked after and it is always lovely to see this being recognised.

Please do stay with us again when you are next planning a re-visit to London and I would be delighted to assist you with a reservation. Thank you for using Tripadvisor.

Kind Regards
Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Wimborne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Our Hotel of choice whenever we go to London! Customer service is first class, surroundings are smart and always clean. Staff are always ready to assist and are extremely friendly and professional! Rooms are clean comfortable its an ideal central location for Covent Garden.
Rather than booking direct, would recommend looking for better deals online, but wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: We have stayed here 4 times in all different rooms and always find it quiet and comfortable so unles...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Steve H

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotels facilities and the service from the hotel team who work hard to provide the high standards of hospitality you experienced. I have shared your review with the team.

Kind Regards

Altrincham, Cheshire
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have stayed here each year for many years as the location in Covent Garden is particularly convenient for an annual event I attend. In earlier years I have resented the price, feeling it did not deliver value.
But this year I detect a real step up. I had a lot of work to do so had a couple of meals in my room and the food and service were excellent.
Also first-class on check-in (they gave me a room high-up without my having to ask) and checkout. Housekeeping were great as well. I have slept in more comfortable beds but then usually paid more to do so

Room Tip: High room, Gt Queen Street can be noisy at night
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear StephenMB

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and glad to read that your expectations were met, and I will personally ensure that your great review is shared will all my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the meantime, if we may assist further, please do not hesitate to contact us direct

Hampshire, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This hotel is expensive being in the centre of London and for the price I expected more. The room was large but the bathroom wasn't cleaned to a great standard. Unfortunately I didn't notice until the next morning as I checked in late and went straight out but I expect a much higher standard of cleanliness in any hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear AllieRich

Thank you for your review and I have noted all your comments which are much appreciated and thank you for the correspondence between us via the Tripadvisor message system. I hope that you might reconsider my communication to you in the future..

The Kingsway Hall team and I are always looking to improve the standards of hospitality and I am certain that you would be satisfied if you were to stay with us again - perhaps you would consider a re-visit and contact me to assist you with the booking.

Surrey
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We only spent one night in this hotel but the room was very clean, the bed comfortable, the staff friendly and courteous & the breakfast was good - great location as easy walking distance to Covent Garden - would definitely go back & hopefully spend more time so we could use all the additional facilities the hotel offers.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Burak F, Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear peacefulhols

Thank you for choosing the Kingsway Hall and I appreciated your time in reviewing us in detail.

I was delighted to learn that you found the team to be friendly and attentive and that most of your expectations were met and shall personally share your kind comments with all those concerned.

If we may assist further, please do not hesitate to contact us direct.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I and a friend spent the long bank holiday weekend in London being total tourists. We had lots of activites booked in advance and spent a long time walking and visiting sights. We spent a bit more on a nice hotel so that we could have a h=good start tot he day and a welcome place to return to at the end of the day. The Kingsway Hall Hotel was perfect for us. The breakfasts were epic and small touched like free newspapers and very attentive staff really added to this. Our room was not large but sensibly planned-out and immaculately clean and decorated. The room had every amenity and we really had no complaints from the value for money angle.We used the bar for cocktails three times and found the drinks excellent (they had a promotion on cocktails) and the bar-staff really friendly and helpful. The Spa area downstairs was a real bonus - the jacuzzi and steam rooms were just the ticket to unwind. All the facilities were very clean and well-maintained. Overall the Kingsway Hall Hotel is quite expensive but worth it!

Room Tip: It's very quiet on the 7th floor (top floor)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Burak F, Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Andrew M,

Thank you for your kind words following your stay with us at Kingsway Hall and I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and its services.

My team have read all of the recent reviews and are always motivated when they know the guests who stay here are happy.

Hopefully you will visit us again when you are looking to stay in London.

Halifax, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel, staff very friendly and helpful. Central location with easy access to all areas. Hotel is clean and well looked after. The food is very good with lots of choice for breakfast. At little bit pricy on some items however that's london as a whole. Will be returning in the future to this hotel on our next visit to london.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Burak F, Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Julie T,

Thank you for the lovely comments!

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and very much look forward to welcoming you back soon!