“Brilliant location”

Kingsway Hall Hotel
Ranked #245 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Had a Lovely weekend at the hotel ... The staff were amazing the only thing that let the hotel down was the bathroom in our room , the shower didn't work properly and was dated with shower curtains that didn't do a very good job , but overall was pleased with the hotel

• Stayed: June 2014
Burak F, Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Jillysmith55

Thank you for choosing the Kingsway Hall and I appreciated your time in reviewing us in detail.

I was delighted to learn that you found the team to be friendly and attentive and that most of your expectations were met and shall personally share your kind comments with all those concerned.

if we may assist further, please do not hesitate to contact us direct.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.
Our room was comfortable and well appointed.
The restaurant is well worth a visit- a good menu and reasonably priced. The restaurant staff were very welcoming. We would definitely stay here again.

Dear marguerite r

I thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent visit to Kingsway Hall Hotel.

It is my pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the experience especially the service and also the food. I will share your kind comments with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to the capital.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Need a hotel nice and near Covent Garden try this hotel. Huge rooms, very friendly helpful staff nothing negative to say. Very clean, very handy. Great stay. Great breakfast. Fab fab fab. Next time I fly from Toronto and need a night in London this is where I'll stay

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Jiggy L

Thank you very much for staying and enjoying your time at Kingsway Hall and I shall pass on your compliments to the team here.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Good place to stay in Central London, friendly staff and our room was very quiet. Very close to holborn tube station, probably less than 4 minutes walk, and right next to covent garden and Lincolns inn field, in walking distance to theatre land.

Dear Mary G

Reviewed 11 August 2014

A small group of us sampled the Harlequin Restaurant on a recent day trip to London and can honestly say that the quality of the food and service was unexpectedly excellent.
Over the years we have become accustomed to increasingly high prices, poor food and even worse service when eating out in London so this experience really blew us away! This really is a gem of a restaurant right in the heart of London and so conveniently situated for theatres, Covent Garden etc..
We will definitely return but next time we'll stay overnight!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank SkyJockey

Dear SkyJockey

Thank you for discovering and clearly enjoying the food and service at Kingsway Hall hotel. My Executive Chef will be very happy to read your kind words as well as the restaurant team who looked after you. The whole experience is designed to be relaxing as you experienced first hand.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights and was told I was being upgraded to a suite on check in. The room was large with a king bed - 2 seat settee and 2 chairs. The décor is a little old fashioned (think Miss Marple) There was a nice deep bath and plenty of hot water to enjoy it. The windows opened which was nice to get some cooler air in. The WIFI was charged extra but was fast although I was able to download and receive my inbox to outlook I unable to send any emails from outlook and had to use webmail (even though I was able to send without issues at other hotels on this trip). The TV service was very limited for UK. Mainly just the network channels. One one day my TV would not turn on so the hotel said they would resolve it whilst I was out. I asked them to leave the TV on for when I returned. When I got back the TV was on but there was no sound on the channels..... at ALL. As I was checking out the next day it was not reported again but you would expect them to fix something properly. At this price you would also expect some freeview or sky/virgin channels as well for more choice for those people who are not going out each night - although there were a lot of foreign language/ international channels which means I guess they cater to the international market more than the UK market. Breakfast on room service was very good - delivered right on time and plenty of choice. There is also plenty of choice of self serve coffee/tea in the room and a fully stocked mini bar. Overall the hotel was OK for a short stay but there are plenty of choices in London and given the choice I would probably stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear JC1064

Thank you for staying with us recently and I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience at Kingsway Hall. I am glad that you took advantage of being upgraded to next category and thank you for sharing the service you experienced by our caring and professional staff.

The TV channel issue has being addressed but I am pleased that you will consider a return visit us in the future.

If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the reservation team directly and thank you for sharing your comments with the Tripadvisor community.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

The hotel is in a great location, close to the tube station at Holburn and Covent Garden, couple of minutes from Holburn station. Very easy to walk to Covent Garden, we walked to Oxford Street, Picadilly for the Theatre and also back again, was so easy.

The room was very comfortable, the bed was the most comfortable that I have slept in, Safe in the room was free, air con worked fine and plenty of wardrobe space if needed.

The breakfast....absolutely lovely, plenty of choice, Buffett style with really tasty bacon, sausage etc, also good selection of fruits, cereal and juices, pastries etc.

Dining, we had a three course set menu for £16.50, very nice meal with about 5 choices of starters, mains and desserts. Cannot complain at all.

The staff....I cannot praise them enough, the waiters and waitresses were so polite and happy to chat with you, always ready to help and every member of staff we encountered was excellent.

I will return and am confident that others will find the hotel meets their expectations, also just to add, the hotel gave us a few little extras when they knew it was our anniversary .....lovely touch.

Also used the jacuzzi which was free and very relaxing......only negatives worth saying is charges for internet...which should come free and front rooms can be noisy from outside, but not to any degree that bothered us.

Still here as I write this...wished I was staying longer.

The management should be proud of their staff, best in London.

Room Tip: Front can be noisier from outside.