“A hotel most defiantly worth considering”

Kingsway Hall Hotel
Ranked #247 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at the Kingsway Hall Hotel, I have nothing but positive things to say. On arrival the front desk staff were friendly and welcoming . The room was great, no need to upgrade. The location is perfect , I've stayed at many other hotels in the west end, but in future I won't bother to look anywhere else but the Kingsway Hall Hatel.

Room Tip: No need to upgrade the standard room is perfect
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Burak F, Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Valli58

Thank you for the lovely comments!

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us second time around and very much look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Rooms Division Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,414)

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Plus points - a few minutes walk from Holborn Tube Station and very local to Covent Garden and Theatreland.

Second stay here overnight and would highly recommend. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Check in quick and efficient. Breakfast good and Afternoon tea enjoyable. The deluxe room is spacious with a comfy kingsized bed with a sofa. The hotel is modern and spacious. Stayed in rooms at the back which were quiet. Would definitely return and would recommend. Also pubs and restaurants in close proximity.

Room Tip: Probably at back. 512 deluxe was a nice room

Dear Kags50Bramhall

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotels facilities and the service from the hotel team who work hard to provide the high standards of hospitality you experienced. I have shared your review with the team.

My pastry chef will be very happy to read your kind words as well as the restaurant team who looked after you. The whole experience is designed to be relaxing as you experienced firsthand.

Please do stay with us again when you are next planning a re-visit to London and I would be delighted to assist you with a reservation. Thank you for using Tripadvisor.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We wanted a hotel that was a good standard, close to the tube station and central. We got all 3! It is a couple of mins walk from Holborn tube station and a few mins from central Covent Garden. The hotel itself was really lovely. Check in very efficient, staff professional, knowledgeable and warm and welcoming. Rooms perfect - everything you need including complimentary tea/coffee and in the bathroom complimentary toiletries. There was no outside noise from our room at all although the view was of the back of the hotel which didn't bother us as we were hardly in the room. We walked for miles from the hotel in one day - Leicester Square, Trafalgar Square, Lyceum Theatre, Royal Opera House, Drury Lane, Westminster Abbey, Houses of Parliament, Downing Street, Buckingham Palace, Clarence House, St James Park, South Bank including the London Eye. I'm sure we went to more places! Overall a perfect hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Cheekygirls94

Thank you for your fantastic review of The Kingsway Hall Hotel. Our hotel is ideally located in the Covent Garden with all of the major London sites within walking distance of the hotel.

I am delighted that from the moment you arrived at the hotel you were made to feel at home. Our team pride themselves on ensuring that all of our guests are well looked after and it is always lovely to see this being recognized.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed from a Friday to Monday with my partner at the kingsway. We were greeted by some lovely gentlemen on the door. The hotel is in a fabulous location, only a minute walk to Holburn tube station, about 3 minutes to covent garden area and tube station and about a 10minute walk to leicster square and the tube there. We walked almost everywhere.
We booked through last minute.com and read reviews about the kingsway so were happy about choosing there. The room was quite small but extremely clean. Unfortunately we did not get sleep at all on the Friday evening, after a days travelling. The noise was horrendous. There was a comedy club on - which we were not made aware of. After listening to every word (yes it was that loud!!) I phoned reception and they told me they would try to find out where the noise was coming from. So after no sleep I went down in the morning to staff who weren't interested in what I had to say and told me they couldn't understand what the noise was. So the Saturday night was exactly the same so I went back down to reception to get a very nice woman and man in reception and they explained about the comedy club and were apologetic that no one had moved us rooms that morning, she explained we would be moved for our third night to the 4th floor and be upgraded. So our 3rd night was perfect with no noise however we were bit upgraded, if anything the room was slightly smaller! The breakfast on the Monday morning was really nice and we also enjoyed Sundays evening in the hotel bar having a few cocktails which were also lovely. Unfortunately at check out we didn't get asked about our stay at all. All in all, I would like to thank the evening staff on the Saturday night as they were very helpful. The other staff were not. We are due to be coming back to london in December so we would love to stay at the kindpgsway again, however would be slightly apprehensive to as we wouldn't want a noisy room!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a quiet room
1  Thank Sarah D
Burak F, Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Sarah D

Thank you for your review and for staying at Kingsway Hall recently and its disappointing to read that you left the hotel with a less than positive impression.

My team will always address noisy issues and I regret that they appear to have been unaware and unhelpful of the disturbance when you have reported. Please note that my team and I are always looking to improve the standards of hospitality I shall pass on all your remarks to the team and note your thoughts.

I do hope that you will be re-assured by my reply and I would be very happy to discuss the issues in more detail if you wished to contact me directly. My team is proud to deliver a great experience here and would really like a second chance to try and impress you.

Please contact me directly to assist you with the future booking.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Great hotel and friendly helpful staff. Right in the heart of Covent Garden so no need for cabs at night. Restaurant was good and bar staff excellent making sure they stocked up on your particular the second night.
Will definitely return

Room Tip: If they invite you to upgrade don't as they upgraded us anyway when we refused the offer to upgr...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Balcombes

Our team pride themselves on ensuring that all of our guests are well looked after and it is always lovely to see this being recognised.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Had a Lovely weekend at the hotel ... The staff were amazing the only thing that let the hotel down was the bathroom in our room , the shower didn't work properly and was dated with shower curtains that didn't do a very good job , but overall was pleased with the hotel

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Jillysmith55

Thank you for choosing the Kingsway Hall and I appreciated your time in reviewing us in detail.

I was delighted to learn that you found the team to be friendly and attentive and that most of your expectations were met and shall personally share your kind comments with all those concerned.

if we may assist further, please do not hesitate to contact us direct.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.
Our room was comfortable and well appointed.
The restaurant is well worth a visit- a good menu and reasonably priced. The restaurant staff were very welcoming. We would definitely stay here again.

Dear marguerite r

I thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent visit to Kingsway Hall Hotel.

It is my pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the experience especially the service and also the food. I will share your kind comments with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to the capital.