Mercure London Paddington Hotel
US$258
US$191
Priceline
1,632 results
All reviewsheathrow expresspraed streetgarfunkels restaurantgreat locationbreakfast is servedexecutive roomrooms are smalltrain stationstreet noisesingle roomshort stayhyde parkluggagerumbleconveniencetoiletriespubs
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Nice, if pricey, hotel just 50meters from Paddington Train and Underground Staations. Decent size, well appointed room with good A/C and very nice bath/shower. The shower drain needed cleaning. I reported it as we went to breakfast and it was taken care of before we returned to the room 1 hour later. Breakfast at the attached Garfunkle's Restaurant was included in our room rate and it was a good one. Buss stop 25 meters from front door. While there are lots of restaurants in the immediate vicinity, none are particularly appealing. We did have "Tea" at the Hilton and that was a very good value [GBP14//person]. Other than tyhe high room rate, I give the hotel an enthusiastic thumbs up!

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anonymous8129
Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Paddington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2011

Dear guest,
Thank you for your thumbs up and kind review! I am very glad to hear that we were able to respond to your needs efficiently and you that enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to our hotel.

Reviewed 26 July 2011

I have stayed at this hotel on several occassions for both business and leisure.

The location for Paddington Station and Underground can not be beaten, literally 30 feet from the underground exit.

The rooms are a little on the small side, but all the rooms I ahve been allocated have been of the same standard and ahve everything you need.

The staff could not be more helpful. I would certainly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your continued support and review! We are always trying our utmost to deliver the best service to our guests, and I am glad that we have made your stay enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Best regards,
General manager

Reviewed 26 July 2011

My daughter and I stayed at the Mecure London Paddington Hotel for a week in June 2011. We were encouraged to stay here because my husband and I stayed here for a week in 2010 and absolutely loved the location and the staff of the hotel who were really obliging. This year my daughter and I were not disappointed. This hotel is in an absolutely prime location. I travelled alone from South Australia to Heathrow and caught the Heathrow Express direct to Paddington. From then it was just pulling my suitcase up the ramp at Paddington Station to the Mecure. The staff were very obliging and the room my daughter and I had, although small by Australian standards, was clean and very well equipped. Not only is this hotel next to Paddington Station but has buses at it's doorstep that takes you to Oxford Street and further afield! You are in walking distance of Hyde Park. The Paddington Station complex has many facilities such as Sainsbury's and Marks and Spencer supermarkets plus a chemist and other variety shops and restaurants. Garfunkels Restaurant on the ground floor of the Mecure gives good value meals and the waitresses, in particular, are very sweet. I would recommend this hotel as a good value for money place to stay while in London.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Linforth, Manager at Mercure London Paddington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2011

Dear guest,
Thank you for returning to Mercure London Paddington! We are over the moon that you enjoyed your stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 19 July 2011

For a city trip for sure a very good solution with fast (direct) access to Heathrow Airport and of course to everything in Town.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Dear guest,
It is lovely to hear a guest taking advantage of our optimal location in the center of London! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure London Paddington hotel soon and warmly thank you for your review.
Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 19 July 2011

Stayed there for 1 night w/e break in London.
The location is very convenient, steps away from Paddington Rail Station.
The rooms have a nice and cozy design, good amenities, impeccable cleanliness. The space provided, however, is minimal. Really minimal. I'd say almost unacceptable for a 4-star hotel, but they have the argument of the trend in London for small rooms.
Breakfast was also quite good (included in the price in my case).
All in all, if your main goal is location and a place to only sleep in, this should be on your shortlist. However, if you need more space (that is, a decent amount at list), try elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Ciprian N

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your valued review. We are delighted that you enjoyed the design of our rooms and breakfast. Some of our rooms are compact, but we ensure that they are beautifully equipped and presented to the highest standard. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure London Paddington Hotel.
Yours faithfully,