“Great location, small rooms.”

Mercure London Paddington Hotel
Ranked #489 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Great location, small rooms.”
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights on my own little weekend/shopping getaway. I really liked the location of this hotel, right next to Paddington station. If you use the heathrow express, you can do "door-to-door" in 20 minutes. Doesnt get much better than that. Also, you have a wide range of food just outside the door. Ofcourse, mostly fast food, but also some decent restaurants aswell. My room was however a bit on the small side, but travelling alone it didnt bother me. I would have been a bit disappointed if sharing a room. The staff, well, they did what they were supposed to, so neither good or bad. Dont mind small rooms? Got a good rate? Go for it!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank jpr78
Linforth, Manager at Mercure London Paddington Hotel, responded to this review, 11 October 2011
Dear guest,
I do hope you managed to find many bargains during your shopping getaway in London and we are pleased you found our hotel to the standard you had expected. Paddington is a great location for any visit to London and we hope you choose us again in the future on your next shopping expedition.
Malcolm Linforth-Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
South Wales
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Meals are served in The Garfunckel restaurant next door, it had to be the most dire breakfast I have ever been served in a london hotel! The hotel is great, ideal for the tube and main railway station but they seriously need to consider were they send guests for food. There must be better greasy spoon cafe's than Garfunckels!!!

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank ASM9633
Dear Guests,
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on our Mercure Hotel Paddington. And that you found our hotel to be great for visiting London. Please accept our apologies regarding the breakfast offered by the Garfunkel’s restaurant. Please be assured we have worked closely with the managers of the restaurant to ensure the breakfast is considerably improved. Which I hope you could comment on should you visit us again in the future.
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 6 September 2011

My sister and I stayed at this hotel for two nights on 2nd sept. The room was absolutely tiny and ensuite tiny. The staff at the check in desk were totally unhelpful. On our second night there, we could not access our room as key wouldnt work and the porter was watching tv and did not want to be disturbed. Finally, he tried the room with the master key and it would not work., so we had to go to another room for the night. We were provided with one toothbrush between us as he couldnt find anymore. (He didnt try very hard anyway as he wanted to go back to his tv). Next morning we could not access our room until 10.20 and the staff at the desk did not care!. I would not in a million years ever stay at this hotel again. The staff there are not in the slightest bit interested in the guests at the hotel.

Room Tip: Do not accept a tiny room as there are bigger rooms there.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Margaret G
Dear Guests,
Please accept our sincere apology for the unexpected lock failure on your bedroom door. Fortunately this is a very rare occurrence that a bedroom security lock completely fails. The staff on duty called a specialist engineer to resolve this problem as soon as possible. Please also accept our apology that you felt the staff did not assist you further in your plight. We do hope that you allow us in the future prove to you and your friend that all our staff are 100% dedicated to or guests and their comfort.
Malcolm Linforth-Jones

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Denmark
Reviewed 5 September 2011

This is my third stay at this hotel. It is still wonderful. The rooms are small but this is normal for London. Fantastic staff, always helpful, always with a smile. My friend has never been to London before and she absolutely loved the hotel. I will definitely be going back again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
As always it is a pleasure to welcome you back time and time again. Many thanks for your continued business and hope to see you soon.
Huntley, Illinois
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We booked this hotel for a 3 day stay in London after a British Isles cruise. The hotel appears to have been recently remodeled and is in good condition. As almost anywhere in London, the rooms are small but are nicely appointed. The location couldn't be better: right across the street from the Paddington station with it's access to the tube and rail services. We had a room overlooking the street. and while you think there would be a lot of noise: there wasn't:: due to well insulated windows. We would definitely repeat the stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank rrmr62
Dear Guests,
Kind thanks for your review on your recent visit to London and thank you for choosing our Mercure Hotel Paddington to stay at. We are proud of our hotel and it location, which is perfect for any London visit. We always consider our guest wellbeing and sleep. Which is why we super insulate our windows to ensure a perfect night sleep? We look forward to welcoming you and your family back anytime in the future.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I stayed here for one night in August. I arrived in London quite late in the evening, took the Heathrow Express to Paddington and finding the hotel couldnt have been easier! It literally takes you a minute to walk to the station from the hotel. When I arrived to the hotel I was greeted by a very friendly staff member and the check in process was very fast. I had requested a room on the higher floors and I got one on the 5th floor. The room was very nice, I know a lot of people complain about the sizes of the rooms but I knew this when I booked so I decided to book a double room instead of a single room and although the room was a bit small it wasnt that much smaller from rooms in other European hotels. I love the design of the room and of the hotel in general. Everything is very modern, very clean, everything works. The beds are a little soft but I slept very well though. The bathroom is really nice. The breakfast, which was included in my offer, was good although the service there could be improved as I actually had to walk around to find a waiter. The staff at the reception are really nice and helpful, I got to store my luggage and check-out was very speedy. I will definetly stay here again next time I'm in London.

Room Tip: If travelling solo I recommend booking a double room
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank StefanOrn
Linforth, Manager at Mercure London Paddington Hotel, responded to this review, 30 August 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the feedback provided about your stay. Please be assured that i have shared your comments with the team.
It is true that we have rooms of a different sizes as the hotel is accommodated into a Victorian building and space comes at a premium in london.

all the team here is looking forward to welcome you again at the hotel.

Sincerely

Cyril Donat
Hotel Manager
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 17 August 2011

The hotel is very nice and modern, right off Paddington Tube and Train Station which is very handy.

The executive room is quite small, but modern and brand new. The bathroom is awesome but no bathtub. The facilities were always very clean.

The only problem I had was that there was no iron at the room, but I phoned reception and they got me one straight away.

Tea and coffee are available in the rooom as well as complimentary still water and chocolates - a small gesture that makes the difference!! :-)

Overall, this is a excellent hotel either if you are on business or holiday. I would like to give a special thank you for the Mr. Basem and Mr. Witek , members of staff that were always very helpful and kind to me. Keep on the good work guys! :-)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Linforth, Manager at Mercure London Paddington Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2011
Dear guest,

thank you very mcuh for your review. I was pleased to her you have enjoyed your stay with us. Please be assured that i will pass on your comments to Basem and Witek, i am glad they were very hospitable to you.
We do have some rooms with bathtub should you prefer for your next stay, if you'd like to mention it at the time of booking we will ensure one is allocated to you.

Cyril Donat