“Helpful, Friendly and Accommodating”

Mercure London Paddington Hotel
Ranked #499 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I had made a reservation at another hotel, and the room fell through, so I was a bit stuck. I walked into the Mercure Paddington and inquired about accommodation. The front desk clerk was extremely helpful. When I explained my situation, she fave me a slight better rate than the standard rack rate. The checkin process was quick and efficient. The staff was very friendly, with, other staff members who were walking in and out of the office behind the front desk, taking the time to acknowledge me and say hello. I felt very welcome!

The room was small (typical for that area of London, but very clean and stylish. The heat/ac worked nicely, there were adequate and good quality soap/shampoo in the bathroom and good quality towels. The only complaint was that you could hear conversation door closings from down the hall (Ear plugs took care of that, never travel without them!).

I wouldn't want to spend a week in the room, but for a quick night's rest, it was very good.

Checkout was also efficient and friendly. All in all a very good stay!

Room Tip: They have double rooms available, so probably worth the up-charge if you are staying for more than a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Paddington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review. We are very glad that you had an excellent stay. Our team is so pleased to read that you found them efficient and friendly. We do look forward to welcoming you back again should you need to be in London.

Your team at The Mercure Paddington

There are newer reviews for Mercure London Paddington Hotel

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I was looking for an alternative to the $433 per night Paddington Hilton, which is so convenient coming from Heathrow, especially with a flight the next morning, but so overpriced. At about $100 per night cheaper, and right across the street (next door), the Mercure fits the bill. Rooms are much smaller but, unlike the Hilton Paddington, there is no charge for Wi-Fi in the room (and it worked good). Small bathroom but a great shower. HDTV but not a big selection for channels. I had a room on the first floor overlooking busy Praed Street and it was very quiet. Everything from fast food to restaurants to pubs within easy walking distance. The hotel also had complimentary breakfast at a Garfunkels restaurant, literally six steps from the front desk (full breakfast). Like all hotels in big cities, it is over-priced for the value, but it is clean, comfortable, and convenient to Paddington Station/Heathrow.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are delighted to read that you found our rooms very quiet, clean, comfortable, and convenient.
We do look forward to welcoming you back again should you need to be in London.

Your team at The Mercure Paddington

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I chose this hotel because I could earn mileage points and because of its location, right next to Paddington station, which was perfect for me (going to/from the airport and Oxford, and being close to a number of Tube lines).

The room is the smallest hotel room I've ever been in (in this sense, I feel it was a bit overpriced), but everything worked very well (bathroom, cleaning and so on). I must add that the hotel staff was very nice, and they kept (at no charge) packages I had ordered to be delivered at the hotel before my arrival (some of them quite big).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Paddington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review the Team and I are delighted that you experience good service. And we apologise that you found our room smaller than expected. But we do hope due to our location and service provided you would consider using us again in the future. And we do look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel
Your team at the Mercure London Paddington

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I have stayed here and reviewed this hotel before, but it's been a couple of years so I thought I'd post a new review. When I first walked into my room I was worried that my 2 suitcases and I couldn't all fit into the tiny single-bed room at the same time, but I made it work just fine. For all that the room was barely big enough to contain the bed, myself and my cases, it was modern, clean as a pin, and had a very nice, modern, clean bathroom. Even a nice terry robe in the closet! I arrived after midnight, having come in on a flight from Chicago into Heathrow, but found no lack of helpful staff to welcome and assist me. Really, I can't say enough nice things about both the night and day staff--they were courteous, professional, and obviously concerned for my well-being and comfort. Being just on the corner at Paddington, this hotel is convenience at its best.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at our hotel. We do apologise that you found our room smaller than expected. But we were glad to read your comment about our modern clean room and bathroom. Our entire were pleased to read your comments about them. And we do hope to welcome you back on your next trip to London.
Your team at the Mercure London Paddington

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Great place to stay so easy to catch transport tube or buses. Staff were very helpful when we arrived the first time in August about 7.30am our room was ready & again in September we stayed for 8 days after traveling around Europe. Staff let as have late check out as flight wasn't till 6pm

Room Tip: King bed room large
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lindsay m

Dear Lindsay,

Thank you so much for your Great comments on our hotel. The team and I are delighted to read that you had a great time with us and we do very much looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Your Team at the Mercure London Paddington

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in late October, room was small, but that's standard for London hotels, room was very clean, staff were great and location was very central to everything. Especially Paddington station which gives you access to stansted and Heathrow airports. Great hotel for the money

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank mattrx3

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experiences at our hotel. We do apologise that you found our room smaller than expected. We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with your overall experience in our hotel. We were pleased to read your good comment about our staff. And we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Your Team at the Mercure London Paddington

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I have stayed in this hotel numerous times when in London on business. The reception area has always been welcoming and I have never had to wait for than a few minutes to be checked in. On two occasions the room that I booked was upgraded free of charge as they had superior rooms available which was a nice surprise. I chose to have breakfast in the restaurant next door each time, and there is a large choice of continental and cooked english breakfast items to choose from on the menu. The rooms are light, airy and contemporary and have always been very clean. I would not hesitate to recommend.

Room Tip: check with the reception desk as to whether you can be upgraded for no extra charge on the day.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Katie D
Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Paddington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear Liz
Thank you for your fantastic review on our hotel and we were so pleased to read everything was perfect for you and you will recommend us in the future.
We do hope you consider using our hotel again in the future.
Malcolm Linforth-Jones