“Pleasant stay”

Prague, Czech Republic
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Very helpful staff!

Great location – just between the Paddington train station (airport train from Heathrow, subway) and St. Mary’s hospital (where both penicillin and heroin were discovered!:))). If one doesn’t mind longer straws, it is possible to take a walk around the Hyde Park and even up to the Westminster area (and get back by subway). Micky’s Fish Bar providing unbelievable Cod fish and chips is just ‘across the corner’!!!

Fine breakfasts provided in hotel’s Garfunkel’s restaurant (especially the brakfast course called by the restaurant itself - 'Garfunkel's' - was delicious).

The only major flaw was the room – it was clean, but also ridiculously tiny, reminded me of my ‘dorm’ times.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Paddington Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Dalibor H,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.

We are grateful for your positive comments and look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Checking in was smooth. Efficient hotel staff. However, one suggestion, why not have a ramp so that heavy luggages can be easily brought up to the hotel lobby.

The room is a tad small, commenting from someone who had stayed at several hotels in London.

But what I love so much about the hotel is its location.

Located just next to the train/underground station. 15 mins away from Heathrow via Heathrow Express.

Next: Food (Halal) is so easy to find. So many choices at walking distance.

I'll be pretty hard not to choose this hotel again for my next London trip.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Paddington Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear MarsZali,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and are considering to return on future occasions.

Our rooms vary in size from small doubles to king executive. For future stays should you require a more spacious room, my personal recommendation would be one of our Executive rooms or Privilege rooms. They are spacious and accommodate a king size bed.

We look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel has the perfect location, close to all travel options; underground, bus and train. Clean and small rooms, friendly staff. Only downside was that free internet access was limited. I would recommend this hotel to all travelers.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Evren S,

Thank you for your feedback. It is a great pleasure to read that you found our location and services to your satisfaction.
We are delighted to read that you will recommend us to other travelers.
We are in the process of upgrading our internet connection. I am positive that by your next visit your will enjoy fiber optic super fast internet.
We look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions.

London
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The Mercure at London Paddington is in a fantastic and convenient location for travellers from the South West. 100 metres from Paddington station it takes no time at all to get there, and on check out day you can leave your bag there and know you'll be ready to catch your train in two minutes.

The rooms are on the small side, and there is only one lift serving the hotel. For a business trip and only one person, this isn't a problem. It would have been more than cosy for two. That said they are very clean, and the showers are excellent. Wifi is complimentary (Hilton take note), which is great. Had I not had meetings in the afternoon after arrival I would have easily been able to work there.

Staff are friendly and helpful. I had complimentary bottles of water, great for carrying around, dressing gowns are provided (again, Hilton take note), and I also had ear plugs in case the sounds of the city weren't to my liking.

Minor gripes - shower gel and toiletries are there, but only 'conditioning shampoo' rather than the better separate shampoo and conditioner, and the hair dryer is one of those horrid ones with little power, that you're expected to use in a steamed up bathroom (again not ideal for two), and keeping your thumb on the button at all times. A bit too much late night corridor noise too.

Breakfast is served at Garfunkel's where you can choose from the a la carte menu, which makes a welcome change from fried buffets. What is good is that when you're out in the evening you have a chocolate mint left on your bedside cabinet, and when I stayed last summer the air conditioning was set so that it was comfortable for sleeping.

My third or fourth stay, so good enough for a return visit, and often reasonably priced for London.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Naomi501,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

We are delighted to read your comments regarding our location, cleanliness and hospitality of our staff. Our aim is to offer memorable experiences to our guests.

Your feedback regarding our toiletries and hair dryer have been taken on board and we will do our utmost to rectify them.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you travel to London.

Newcastle, England
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Well located immediately adjacent to Paddington train station (but no noise evident at all). Rooms are very smartly furnished and equipped. Ideal for business travel - but elements of the service were a complete shambles. I was required to offer a credit card from which a charge of £20 was taken for 'extras' even though I made it clear that I had no intention of using any. I asked when the £20 would be recharged and I was told that it would be recharged when I checked out. When checking out, I asked for confirmation that the £20 had been recharged but was told it would take up to 5 working days for my bank to process. I complained that such a charge was unnecessary for a short overnight stay and was then told by another receptionist that it could take up to 28 days ! I'm aware that other hotels use this tactic but I think it is very poor service. The breakfast served in the adjacent Garfunkels was nice -even if the cold buffet was of very limited choice - and the good quality hot options are cooked fresh to order - but the service was very confused and guests were forced to work out for themselves how to order. food. I was asked twice if I'd like coffee - I said yes please both times. It finally arrived 15 minutes later, after I had almost finished my meal.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear smilerkevin61,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I was delighted to read that you found our rooms smart and our location convenient for your needs.

I was disappointed to read your comments regarding the breakfast service at Garfunkel's. Your feedback has been shared with the restaurant manager.

Regarding the pre-authorization that was taken at the time of check-in, I would like to inform you that it is not an actual charge. It is common practice among hoteliers to authorize the guest's card to guarantee any additional charges or incidentals. Please accept my apologies for the confusion caused.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on many future occasions.

Singapore
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed for 1 night after a business meeting in Southampton. As I arrived early in the morning, the room wasn't ready yet as expected but I left my luaggage with them. When I return to check-in later in the evening, I was upgraded to a Twin Room. I had booked a Small Double as I was travelling alone. Overall, the room was ok. A bit on the small size and the layout was weird and the bathroom was tiny. I was travelling alone and yet I felt cramped in. I was facing the main street so it was a bit noisy. However, the room was clean and that was what mattered. The location of the hotel next to Paddington station is the main reason why I booked my stay here. It is very convenient to move around London from there and also to take the Heathrow Express to the airport.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Linforth, General Manager at Mercure London Paddington Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear LibraGalSingapore,

Thank you for your review.

Indeed, as you well pointed out, our location is convenient not only for central london but also to access Heathrow Airport.

Ou rooms vary in size and shape. Some of them are on the compact side, however our guests preffer them as they are value for money.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back next time you travel to London.

Nashville, Tn
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was our second stay at the Mercure Paddington. The hotel was renovated since our last visit. The chief reason we chose this hotel was its proximity to the Heathrow Express. The hotel has early check in and late departure options which we used. The rooms are clean and neat but small. This is a great spot for a one or two night stop over in London but if we were staying longer we'd probably stay somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Nashville1,

Thank you for your review.

It is great to read that you are on your second visit with us. Indeed our location is second to none, due to our proximity to Paddington station.

Our rooms vary in size from small doubles to executive rooms that accommodate a king size bed. For future stays my recommendation is to try one of our king executive rooms.