Mercure London Paddington Hotel
US$258
US$191
Priceline
1,632 results
All reviewsheathrow expresspraed streetgarfunkels restaurantgreat locationbreakfast is servedexecutive roomrooms are smalltrain stationstreet noisesingle roomshort stayhyde parkluggagerumbleconveniencetoiletriespubs
Reviewed 10 June 2014

im writing this review from the hotel. I have just arrived and the room is extremely small and what is worse, it is extremely noisy. When i was given a room in the first floor i asked for a higher floor but they assured me it is a very quite room. It is not. it is close to a very busy street but the main noise comes from running water. Every 5 minutes there is a noise in the room like somebody would be flushing the toilet. This room clearly should not be for offer. Especially at these prices. Im travelling to london with my company and in the same area, novotel and hilton are much better quality hotels than this one. Luckily we have good support from my company travel agency and i will be out of here tomorrow. I will certainly try to make sure nobody in my company (over 100k employees) uses this hotel

Room Tip: do not come here
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Carlos d
Linforth, Manager at Mercure London Paddington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Mr. Carlos,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure London Paddington and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Best regards

Basem Mohamed

Front office Manager

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Good location for Paddington Station access/Heathrow access. Unfortunate experience when booking two double rooms online for May 2, 2014. Inadvertently booked one of the rooms for April 21, 2014 and didn't realize the mistake until I got an email - on April 21 - asking whether or not I had checked in. Called the reservations desk immediately from the US and explained the mistake, said of course we hadn't been there as they must know upon checking the room and asked to have the charge reversed. Lots of mumbling ensued, answer was no. I asked to speak with the manager who "wasn't there" but miraculously appeared within the hour to also say no on the basis that they had saved the room for me.... since I had of way of checking whether or not this was true..... I let it go and did stay there on the correct night - hence paying twice- because of traveling with friends. beware when booking online!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Meg S
Reviewed 5 June 2014

very conveniently located near Paddington station, with a myriad of restaurants outside the front door of the hotel. room are attractive but small. you would not want to be a large person when using the bathroom as the toilet was placed right against the wall which allowed no elbow room at all.
but clean overall and comfortable bed and sleep.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Claire,

many thanks for your review. We are pleased to read that you found our hotel clean and convenient.

Our rooms vary in size from small doubles to king executive. For future stays should you require a more spacious room, my personal recommendation would be one of our Executive rooms. They are spacious and accommodate a king size bed.

We look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions.

Kindest regards,

Basem Mohamed

Front office Manager

Reviewed 3 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My family stayed April 25-28, 2014. The hotel facilities are nice. The rooms are comfortable, and the location right next to Paddington Station is great.

With that being said, dealing with the hotel staff and the parent company concerning being charged twice for our room and getting the second charge refunded was enough to make me steer clear of Mercure altogether, and to strongly recommend that people avoid Mercure and the group of hotels in London that Mercure London Paddington belongs to.

When I made the reservation back in January, I prepaid the entire stay. On arrival, I did not have the credit card with which I had prepaid the stay because I was pickpocketed earlier that day, before we left for London. On check in, per hotel policy, we were told that we needed to pay with a different card (even though the room was already paid in full), and the amount we prepaid would be refunded to the original card in 1-3 business days. No problem.

When we checked out Monday morning we were told that if we had given them proof that we prepaid the stay, they could have avoided charging our second card, but that it was too late now and the charge for the stay was applied to the second card, and we had at that point been charged twice for the stay. We were reassured that we would get the refund to the original card in 1-3 business days.

I called back on Friday, May 2nd to let them know that we had not received the refund yet. I spoke with Larissa, and she told me that it would actually take 7-10 business days for the refund, and to call back next week.

I called back on May 9th, and spoke with Larissa again. She said she was handling this personally, and that I should call her back later the next week and she would have more information.

I called back after a week (May 19th I think), Larissa was not in, so I left her a message with my contact information letting her know that I filed a claim with my bank regarding this matter, and to please contact me by email so I don’t have to keep making international calls to the UK.

After two days of no reply, I called back on May 21st, spoke again with Larissa. She said that she was waiting for me to call her back, and she said that I was approved to receive my refund and will receive it on Monday, May 26th. She also said if I don’t have it by then, I should call her back and let her know.

As of May 27th I still had not received a refund from the hotel. I called the hotel, and Larissa transferred me to Artis. My understanding is that Artis is in the accounting department for that group of hotels in London. He said that the reason for the delay was that my bank must be “holding the refund for some reason” because it was processed on May 22nd. I asked for an absolute final date that the refund should appear in my account, Artis said May 30th.

May 30th came, and by the end of the day, no refund. I called the bank to verify whether or not a refund attempt had been made, and it had not, so I called the hotel. The hotel transferred me to Stefan in reservations. Stefan said that the refund was processed on May 22nd, so I should call back next week. I told him that I every time I call and speak with someone they tell me to call back next week. He then said that there was a bank holiday on the 25th that could be the cause for the delay.

I asked Stefan what the next step up the hierarchy is since I am not satisfied with constantly being told to “call back next week”. He said he wouldn’t tell me, but offered to take my contact information. I told him the hotel has my contact information, but no one contacts me, they always wait for me to contact them. I am tired of making international phone calls because they won’t email or call me.

He then said that since the hotel is in the UK and my bank account is in the US, the refund would take longer. I asked him why the charge can be made so quickly and easily, but the refund takes over a month. He told me to call back next week. I verified his name and the department he worked in and told him that I am drafting a review for Trip Advisor and Booking.com to let people know what I have had to go through to get my refund, at that point Stefan hung up on me.

As I wrote at the beginning of the review, the hotel itself is nice, but my experience dealing with the staff has been incredibly frustrating, and not only the hotel staff, but the people in accounting and reservations of the parent group. I find the way they have handled my case completely unacceptable. For them to keep passing me along to another person, never having firm answers, and keep telling me to call back next week, and finally hanging up on me, I would strongly caution anyone to think twice before booking a room with this hotel group.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family