“Location, location, location”

Mercure London Paddington Hotel
Ranked #499 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 June 2014

...other than that, not much to say. Standard low-range business sleepingmachine. Tinyest room ever, the one I got. Bed had one side against the wall, same wall as the window, so getting to curtains or opening meant getting on the bed. Other side so near the desk and chair that the chair stopped against the bed when desk stopped against the abdomen (and I am not fat...). Otherwise clean and OK and all that. Just don't expect to be feeling privileged. Price I paid (£259 for one night) is outrageous, but I guess that's London for you...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ferskfesk
Linforth, Front Office Manager at Mercure London Paddington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review, I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Our rooms vary in size from small doubles to king executive. For future stays should you require a more spacious room, my personal recommendation would be one of our Executive rooms or Privilege rooms. They are spacious and accommodate a king size bed.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure London Paddington and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Kindest regards

Front office manager

There are newer reviews for Mercure London Paddington Hotel

Reviewed 22 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels
2  Thank Memory65
Linforth, Manager at Mercure London Paddington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I had booked a "standard room with a double room" for a two night layover in London, mainly on location. On arrival we were upgraded to a comparatively much larger room, although remember this is a London hotel. In any event the confirmatory email mentioned a welcome gift on arrival and maybe this was it? We didn't get anything else! In any event it was much appreciated and on reflection I don't know if we would have fitted in the booked room. The experience from arrival to departure couldn't be faulted. Staff were friendly, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom well equipped albeit pretty tight, the breakfast served in the restaurant downstairs excellent and there was no noise internal or external. Our room was located at the rear of the hotel overlooking a narrow road. The location for transfers to and from Heathrow can't be beaten.

Room Tip: Consider if you need a room bigger than their "standard". We were upgraded but that is of...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GKSWanderlust

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure London Paddington Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on business. The hotel is well located by Paddington station. Check in was the worst I've experienced in any Mercure! It took for ever and required endless form filling and requests for passports (despite the fact I'm British!). My room was on the first floor and fine but very small indeed. It was clean though and fairly comfortable. Sadly, it was just down the corridor from the housekeeping office: I now know every detail of every employee and all about the contracts and notice periods! The housekeeper needs to be more discreet and keep her (very loud) voice in check and have some respect for customers.

The major disappointment of this hotel is the lack of a proper restaurant. Mercure is part of a French chain, Accor, and I use them because every other one I have stayed in has an excellent restaurant. This one doesn't! Instead one has to use the adjoining Garfunkels via the lobby. It's a low end diner and the food is absolutely shocking.

I would recommend this hotel for an overnight stay but don't eat here.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Not really cheap (but what is cheap in London), but fully modernized (that's rare with British hotels). In addition, the location next to Paddington station is extremely convenient. There are also a choice of restaurants and pubs nearby. Breakfast is rich and tasty. Outstanding is the staff, extremely friendly and helpful in every respect. The only field of improvement is the air conditioning system, which was behaving somehow erratic, but the problem might be under control soon (hopefully).

Room Tip: The backside is more quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Linforth, Manager at Mercure London Paddington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Corrado,

Many thanks for your recent comment. Our team is very delighted to see your comment.

We are pleased that you found our hotel modernized and our location is extremely convenient.

Now we are maintaining our AC system to ensure everything is in a very good condition.

Looking forward to welcome you back at our hotel

Reviewed 10 June 2014

im writing this review from the hotel. I have just arrived and the room is extremely small and what is worse, it is extremely noisy. When i was given a room in the first floor i asked for a higher floor but they assured me it is a very quite room. It is not. it is close to a very busy street but the main noise comes from running water. Every 5 minutes there is a noise in the room like somebody would be flushing the toilet. This room clearly should not be for offer. Especially at these prices. Im travelling to london with my company and in the same area, novotel and hilton are much better quality hotels than this one. Luckily we have good support from my company travel agency and i will be out of here tomorrow. I will certainly try to make sure nobody in my company (over 100k employees) uses this hotel

Room Tip: do not come here
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Carlos d

Dear Mr. Carlos,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

Best regards

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Good location for Paddington Station access/Heathrow access. Unfortunate experience when booking two double rooms online for May 2, 2014. Inadvertently booked one of the rooms for April 21, 2014 and didn't realize the mistake until I got an email - on April 21 - asking whether or not I had checked in. Called the reservations desk immediately from the US and explained the mistake, said of course we hadn't been there as they must know upon checking the room and asked to have the charge reversed. Lots of mumbling ensued, answer was no. I asked to speak with the manager who "wasn't there" but miraculously appeared within the hour to also say no on the basis that they had saved the room for me.... since I had of way of checking whether or not this was true..... I let it go and did stay there on the correct night - hence paying twice- because of traveling with friends. beware when booking online!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends