“well positioned but noisy”

Mercure London Paddington Hotel
Ranked #494 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 July 2014

its right next to Paddington station so terrific if you have an early fight out of Heathrow. the rooms are small and amazingly well designed to be able to fit everything in and still swing a cat. no room to dance though. I was on the top floor but still felt the rumble of the underground although it didn't disturb me during the night. what did wake me was the adjoining residents door banging and the walls shaking. staff were very good indeed both at reception and in the restaurant. I was a late booking so paid a lot for what was modest accommodation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank weemacs
Write a ReviewReviews (1,543)

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Room was able to sleep 4 comfortably, with a double and a large sofa bed (good blackout curtains, not noisy). Everything was clean enough. Location was nice, convenient to participate in sight seeing, very close to 4 tube lines. Close to Hyde park. Had some trouble getting the safe to work. This is a fairly small hotel, we stayed for 3 nights.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LauraRoi
Linforth, Manager at Mercure London Paddington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure London Paddington Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 18 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Joanne L

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel located near the Paddington station & few minutes walking to the edgwar road, clean rooms but very small that make you depressed if you stay long time in it, fortunately I came only at bed time !
The price is high for the quality of the hotel, the breakfast is poor but friendly staff in the restaurant.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review, we are pleased to read that you like our good location and clean rooms.

Our rooms vary in size from small doubles to king executive. For future stays should you require a more spacious room, my personal recommendation would be one of our Executive rooms or Privilege rooms. They are spacious and accommodate a king size bed.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure London Paddington hotel.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 16 July 2014

wife, two kids and myself shared the king executive room.
This place was clean and suprisingly quiet considering the busy location.
Rooms aren't huge, but you aren't supposed to spend long in them. Was not an issue for us.
Customer service was 4/5 as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was only in London for 1 night and we chose the Mercure London Paddington based on the proximity to Heathrow. It was a very quick, 1 stop ride on the tube . The hotel is centrally located in a charming area of NE of central London. The lobby is very small and the rooms are modern but SMALL by American standards. Europeans might not have an issue with the space though. Reasonably priced and centrally located. I was traveling with friends so the space wasn't much of an issue, but I wouldn't stay here if I was traveling with family.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review. We are pleased to read that you found our hotel have a great location.

Our rooms vary in size from small doubles to king executive. For future stays should you require a more spacious room, my personal recommendation would be one of our Executive rooms. They are spacious and accommodate a king size bed.

We look forward to welcome you back at our hotel.

Kindest regards,

Front office Manager

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This hotel is well-situated adjacent to the Paddington tube and overland rail stations, and thus is ideally located for those coming in from Heathrow, and in need of a spot to touch down for one night. Having said that, be warned, this is perhaps not only the tiniest hotel room I have ever occupied, but short of the Japanese bunk-style hotels, the smallest hotel room I have ever seen. Clean, yes. Livable, yes. Fully appointed, yes. But TINY!!!! I mean bathroom-door-banging-on-my-knees-when-sitting-on-the-loo tiny. I mean hard to move about without tripping over the bed tiny. TINY, full stop.
Having said that, the staff was pleasant, the room was quiet, and the location is strong. I didn't try the resto, so I can't comment. As for value, I think with a bit of planning, one could find a larger room in the area for the same money, but it is what it is.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure London Paddington and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Kindest regards