I am writing with regret about a recent stay at your Park Lane Hotel. I have stayed in the past and have enjoyed it there, it is in a lovely location and very suitable for my needs, however I was staying at the property last night, and am so concerned by what I encountered throughout the stay so I need to point this out to you. I have been with the Hilton Brand for many years so it is always a great disappointment when you stay at a property which does not meet expectations. I must say it is on rare occasions, but it does really put me off the brand when things do not go to plan.
The first thing which concerned me was the incredibly slow check in process. We arrived at the hotel at 12:00 (after previously requesting an early checkin by phone). I was told that wouldn't be a problem and the room would be ready. When I turned up I was very disappointed to find that it was not yet ready, and that I had to wait 1 hour for the room to be cleaned. Well, it wasn't ready after 1 hour, or 3 hours. Infact the time the room was ready was 15:30 and that was after changing to another room as the original room still had not been cleaned, even though it was on priority for over 3 hours!! This is terrible service, especially in a 5 star hotel of the calibre of yours.
To add to this, the key card we were given originally did not work in the room. I had to travel up to the 25th floor, to go all the way back down to reception, wasting even more time. Once this had been sorted, it was not set up for executive lounge access which therefore caused further delays when attempting to access the executive lounge. This errors simply should not be happening at your hotel.
When arriving in the room, I must add that I was not impressed, that the cleaner who had made up the room had left the air conditioning set to the coldest possible temperature and the fan on 'High' meaning it was like a freezer in there. It took ages to warm up, and was really quite discomforting to us.
There was also bulbs of two of the room lights which were not working and as a result was very dark in the room. I requested that they were changed by the reception, and it took them all day until they turned down the room in the evening to have this fixed, and they only fixed one light. So the overall lighting still was not efficient for us. Quite simply after all of this we just did not have the energy to make another call and tell them about this. I should not have too.
I also need to note that some of the furniture found in the room seemed very dated/damaged and was in need of modernisation. Those cabinets to be honest were not very nice and are in need of a refurbishment.
In light of what has happened, I can't see myself staying in your hotel again anytime soon, and it has quite simply put me off the brand. I had a few stays planned shortly for London and am considering other arrangements after this very dis-satisfying experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Mayfair, the London Hilton on Park Lane is close to all that London has to offer, whether it's musicals and theatres or world famous landmarks. Soaring high above the city streets, the hotel is famed for its unparalleled five star luxury. With 453 spacious guest rooms, including 56 suites, there is something to suit every taste. Meanwhile, the five bars and restaurants remain destinations in themselves, offering something for every taste, including our Michelin-starred restaurant Galvin at Windows and trendy nightclub Whisky Mist at Zeta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Nozio Netplan srl, Ebookers, Odigeo, Southall Travel, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your London Hilton on Park Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- London Hilton On Park Lane Hotel London
- Hilton Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- Hilton London
- Hilton Park Lane