We stayed with Park Lane Hilton our wedding night on the 18th of July this year, due to the circumstance of London Olympic event upcoming within the month, there were security gates set up outside the main entry and all the residents have to go through bag scan and body search that normally you will experience only in the airport. It did not cause us much trouble at all, although it was a bit confusing getting our heads around trying to find the main entry of the Hotel at the beginning and We have been on the property numerous occasions before.
We checked in at around 23:30hr and were very disappointed when we got informed the bars were all closed and we only can order drinks through IRD. Thanks to Olympic again! Check in was quick and easy and we went up to our suite on Level 12. The room was spacious and bathroom was clean.
There were some complementary fruit plates and 2 separate plates of pastry with double cream served separated on congratulate of our marriage on our arrival in the room, great gestures although I am not too keen having dairy product served to me that have been clearly out of the refrigerator and had a thick layer of milk film skin on the top.
And our Champagne bottle was swimming in a bucket of melted iced old water in the ice bucket! I guess they were delivered prior the "normal" check in time, although it would be nicer for a bit of attentions to detail when the guests were still due to check in later.
IRD was quick and on time for both of our late night supper and breakfast, one more crucial let down I have to point out here, We had 2 single beds been put together in our suite! I could not believe my eyes and I have to say, we stayed many hotels around the world and I am amazed that the FRONT OFFICE, whoever allocated this room for people's wedding night offered them 2 single beds! I bet YOU wont be happy if that was your wedding night!
The overall experience could be better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Mayfair, the London Hilton on Park Lane is close to all that London has to offer, whether it's musicals and theatres or world famous landmarks. Soaring high above the city streets, the hotel is famed for its unparalleled five star luxury. With 453 spacious guest rooms, including 56 suites, there is something to suit every taste. Meanwhile, the five bars and restaurants remain destinations in themselves, offering something for every taste, including our Michelin-starred restaurant Galvin at Windows and trendy nightclub Whisky Mist at Zeta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Hilton EMEA, Southall Travel, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your London Hilton on Park Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- London Hilton On Park Lane Hotel London
- Hilton Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- Hilton London
- Hilton Park Lane