“Nice location”

Ranked #340 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Great location, hardly ever needed a taxi, great views, nice spacious room with nice bathroom very comfy bed. I stayed here for 3 nights and thought it was over all very good. A few niggles 250ml PLASTIC bottle of water cost £5-50 from the mini bar which is a complete rip off. I was actually disgusted, in the Michelin star restaurant on the top floor was cheaper for more.. I have to say the mini bar charges would put me off staying at this hotel.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am pleased to read that on the whole you have had an enjoyable stay here with us, that the room was to your liking and that our location proved so convenient.

That being said, I can appreciate what you have said about the pricing on the minibar. Direct feedback such as this is the best way for us to make the most productive improvements going forward, and I will ensure that your concerns are raised to the appropriate individuals.

Thank you very much once again for your constructive comments.

There are newer reviews for London Hilton on Park Lane

Reviewed 4 February 2013

Our thanks to all the Banqueting staff at the London Hilton on Park Lane who delivered a great occasion for BFFF at our last industry Luncheon. It’s not often one gets a chance to look behind the scenes and to see over 900 dishes for desserts being assembled innovatively and with such attention to detail. Impressive. Thanks to Executive Chef, Anthony Marshall, and his team and all in Banqueting.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Our Kitchen and Banqueting teams always put their best foot forward when it comes to such industry events as yours, and I am so pleased to hear that you have had such a successful day.

It is great to see this candid photo of the pre-event set-up, with everyone working together so diligently.

I have made sure to pass your kind words on to Chef Marshall's team and Banqueting, and look forward to having you all with us again in the future.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

This hotel may be on the pricey side but the rooms, service, views and staff make this all worthwile. Our suite was immaculate and the executive lounge experience was good, although officious staff putting food and drink out wehre the only blot on a perfect stay. We had a fantastic meal at teh Podium restaurant and enjoyed drinks at both the Popp bar and Galvin on Windows. Great stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am very pleased to read that you have had a fantastic time here with us at the London Hilton on Park Lane. I have made the Podium kitchen staff aware of your kind words regarding your meal, and I am so pleased that the room and services were so to your liking.

That being said, I am sorry to hear that the service in our was not to your liking, and I will certainly follow up with the appropriate member of management to further discuss.

Thank you very much once again for your feedback, and I look forward to having you here with us in the near future.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

We arrived on a Monday the week before Christmas for my husbands 40th birthday, our room was over looking Hyde Park, with a lovely view of the Winter Wonderland. Got an early check in to our room. We had a lovely room, with a large bathroom. Can not fault this hotel with its fantastic location. Will stay here again on our return to London

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am so pleased to hear that you have been able to have such a nice stay here with us for your husband's 40th birthday. Hyde Park takes on a whole different life during the Christmas Season, and I am very happy to hear that you were able to take it all the sights from the comfort of your park-view room.

Thank you very much for your recent review, and by all means please do reach out to us with any enquiries or requests prior to your next visit to London.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

This is probably the best hotel I've ever been to so far. I was offered a complementary room upgrade on arrival. Reception and the staff was great. The room was spacious, clean, new and the view was breath taking! You could see most of what matters in London's skyline. London eye, big ben, house of parliament, St Paul's cathedral, canary wharf sky scrapers and then some more are all visible from your own window which has a "bench" for you to sit on and enjoy the amazing view. House keeping makes sure all your needs are satisfied, many times a day. The room is quite pricey though, breakfast and internet are ridiculously pricey, but free wifi is available in public areas. The hotel's location is pretty good, the area is very calm. It's right at the corner of Hyde park, only a 5 mins walk to the nearest tube station. If you can pay rate, this is the place to stay in London!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a nice view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your recent stay, review, and fabulous photographs.

The cushioned windowsills in many of our rooms are an absolute hidden highlight, and many of our guests comment to me that they catch themselves sitting for hours on end looking out over the most exciting city in the world, or the natural beauty of Hyde Park whichever the case may be.

I am so pleased to hear that for a Top Contributor like yourself, this has been perhaps the best hotel you've ever been to so far, and I very much look forward to having you with us again for many future stays.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

We were treated to lunch in the 28 floor restaurant, and what a treat it was! The restaurant has wonderful views over Hyde Park, which was a lovely precursor to a delightful lunch experience.

The food was delicious and beautifully presented. We enjoyed a pre-lunch glass of champagne and then took advantage of the offer of two glasses of wine each with the meal; we asked the sommellier to pair the wines to our food choices to ensure we had the best pairing.

Service was professional and attentive but not all all intrusive.

We would love to return.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am so thrilled to read that you have had such an enjoyable meal at our Galvin at Windows restaurant. It sounds like the meal was matched by the views, which is absolutely the type of experience we aim to provide both at Galvin's and throughout the rest of the property.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words, and we would love to have you back with us again in the future.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Me and my wife spent a night at the Hilton Park Lane in their Executive room as a birthday treat for me, it was fantastic. We stayed in an Executive room which was on the 26th floor giving amazing views of London both during the day and at night. The room has a beautiful wood décor with a real traditional English feel. We really loved the bathroom, it was very well equipped and it had a fairly large bathtub and amazing mood lighting (very romantic).
Whilst at the Hilton Park Lane we had dinner at Galvin at Windows on the 28th floor and it was well worth doing. I will review Galvin at Windows separately.
Overall a fantastic stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

It is fantastic for me to read that you have had such a good time here with us for your birthday treat. The importance of a perfect special occasion cannot be overstated, and I am very happy that you have been so pleased with both the room, and our Galvin at Window's restaurant.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.