“Luxury in central London”

Ranked #329 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Luxury in central London”
Reviewed 5 February 2013

We stayed 1 night at the Hilton on Park Lane and we were really impressed. The hotel is excellent. I booked an executive room and it did not disappoint. I called the hotel a few days before to see if we could leave our bags there earlier than check in as we were off to see a theatre show and they arranged an early check in so we were able to check in at 12noon.

The hotel is magnificent and the rooms are very luxurious and quite spacious. I asked for a park view room, we got part park and part city view but the view was still spectacular.

The bathroom was very clean and luxurious, the shower is amazingly powerful and the bath tub is a really good size, we loved our bathroom.
The bedroom was great too, the beds were really comfy and the bedding was really nice too.

We had breakfast in the executive lounge and this was fantastic too, we expected standard continental i.e bread rolls, croissants etc which they did have but they also had eggs and bacon so that was a nice surprise. Again all breakfast items were really good quality, there was a very good selection of food and it all tasted excellent, none of it was cheap, it all tasted good quality.

Booking an executive room gives you access to the executive lounge for breakfast, afternoon tea and evening drinks and canopes but as we were out doing various things during the day and didn’t return until later we missed afternoon tea and drinks in the lounge, if we go back to London for a weekend we will definitely spend more time in the hotel as it has a lot to offer its guests.

The only downside to this hotel is although it is only a 5 minute walk from Hyde Park Corner tube stop, it is through an underpass which during the day is fine as this part of London is very civilized and feels very safe, however, when we got back from dinner in central London around 9pm it was dark and we did not fancy an underpass in the dark so we got a taxi back to the hotel.

I would definitely return to this hotel and recommend it to others. I think paying extra for an executive room is money well spent.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are worth paying more money for.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dee082
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
Thank you so much for your recent stay and your thorough review.

I am delighted to read that you have had such a positive stay with us here at the London Hilton on Park Lane. It really sounds like the room, the service, and particularly the executive lounge were very much to your liking. I am so pleased that you have enjoyed the breakfast items in the lounge, and I will be sure to congratulate the kitchen for a job well done!

That being said, I can appreciate what you have said regarding the underpass late at night. Going forward, while the Green Park station is slightly further away it is on a main road and would not involve going under the pathway. I do apologise for any negative impact that this has had on your stay.

In any case, that matter aside I am pleased that you have had such a nice stay. Thank you very much once again for your constructive feedback, and I look forward to having you back with us in the future.

London Hilton on Park Lane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (754)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
maidenhead
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Having requested (at the time of booking and confirming the day prior to arrival) a twin room with wheelchair access and bathroom facilities, I was very disappointed to find we had been allocated a double room with an inaccessible bath instead of a wet room.
We were shown to another room of a lesser standard - again it was a double room, not twin beds.
A single roll-in bed was brought in and made up while we waited; my friend spent an uncomfortable night on this bed.
We had both looked forward to our night in London but our experience at the Hilton was very disappointing and not up to the standard expected of a 5 star hotel.
We sent separate emails to the duty manager within 48 hours of checking out - we have not even received an acknowledgment to our complaints.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank stephsands50
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent contact.

First and foremost, I must apologise that your recent stay was not to your liking. We do have a variety of accessible rooms available here at the London Hilton on Park Lane, and I am very sorry to hear that on this recent stay your experience in this regard was a negative one.

In order that I may follow-up in further detail, if you would please be able to contact me at david.gerrard@hilton.com and provide me with your name I shall respond as a matter of priority. You have also mentioned that you have previously e-mailed and received no response. Please in your e-mail do confirm for the addresses of the individuals that you have reached out to so that I may follow up with them regarding why you have not received a response.

Thank you very much once again for reaching out to me, and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

Great location, hardly ever needed a taxi, great views, nice spacious room with nice bathroom very comfy bed. I stayed here for 3 nights and thought it was over all very good. A few niggles 250ml PLASTIC bottle of water cost £5-50 from the mini bar which is a complete rip off. I was actually disgusted, in the Michelin star restaurant on the top floor was cheaper for more.. I have to say the mini bar charges would put me off staying at this hotel.

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am pleased to read that on the whole you have had an enjoyable stay here with us, that the room was to your liking and that our location proved so convenient.

That being said, I can appreciate what you have said about the pricing on the minibar. Direct feedback such as this is the best way for us to make the most productive improvements going forward, and I will ensure that your concerns are raised to the appropriate individuals.

Thank you very much once again for your constructive comments.

Long Bennington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Our thanks to all the Banqueting staff at the London Hilton on Park Lane who delivered a great occasion for BFFF at our last industry Luncheon. It’s not often one gets a chance to look behind the scenes and to see over 900 dishes for desserts being assembled innovatively and with such attention to detail. Impressive. Thanks to Executive Chef, Anthony Marshall, and his team and all in Banqueting.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Our Kitchen and Banqueting teams always put their best foot forward when it comes to such industry events as yours, and I am so pleased to hear that you have had such a successful day.

It is great to see this candid photo of the pre-event set-up, with everyone working together so diligently.

I have made sure to pass your kind words on to Chef Marshall's team and Banqueting, and look forward to having you all with us again in the future.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2013

This hotel may be on the pricey side but the rooms, service, views and staff make this all worthwile. Our suite was immaculate and the executive lounge experience was good, although officious staff putting food and drink out wehre the only blot on a perfect stay. We had a fantastic meal at teh Podium restaurant and enjoyed drinks at both the Popp bar and Galvin on Windows. Great stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am very pleased to read that you have had a fantastic time here with us at the London Hilton on Park Lane. I have made the Podium kitchen staff aware of your kind words regarding your meal, and I am so pleased that the room and services were so to your liking.

That being said, I am sorry to hear that the service in our was not to your liking, and I will certainly follow up with the appropriate member of management to further discuss.

Thank you very much once again for your feedback, and I look forward to having you here with us in the near future.

Normanton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2013

We arrived on a Monday the week before Christmas for my husbands 40th birthday, our room was over looking Hyde Park, with a lovely view of the Winter Wonderland. Got an early check in to our room. We had a lovely room, with a large bathroom. Can not fault this hotel with its fantastic location. Will stay here again on our return to London

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am so pleased to hear that you have been able to have such a nice stay here with us for your husband's 40th birthday. Hyde Park takes on a whole different life during the Christmas Season, and I am very happy to hear that you were able to take it all the sights from the comfort of your park-view room.

Thank you very much for your recent review, and by all means please do reach out to us with any enquiries or requests prior to your next visit to London.

Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 31 January 2013

This is probably the best hotel I've ever been to so far. I was offered a complementary room upgrade on arrival. Reception and the staff was great. The room was spacious, clean, new and the view was breath taking! You could see most of what matters in London's skyline. London eye, big ben, house of parliament, St Paul's cathedral, canary wharf sky scrapers and then some more are all visible from your own window which has a "bench" for you to sit on and enjoy the amazing view. House keeping makes sure all your needs are satisfied, many times a day. The room is quite pricey though, breakfast and internet are ridiculously pricey, but free wifi is available in public areas. The hotel's location is pretty good, the area is very calm. It's right at the corner of Hyde park, only a 5 mins walk to the nearest tube station. If you can pay rate, this is the place to stay in London!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a nice view.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your recent stay, review, and fabulous photographs.

The cushioned windowsills in many of our rooms are an absolute hidden highlight, and many of our guests comment to me that they catch themselves sitting for hours on end looking out over the most exciting city in the world, or the natural beauty of Hyde Park whichever the case may be.

I am so pleased to hear that for a Top Contributor like yourself, this has been perhaps the best hotel you've ever been to so far, and I very much look forward to having you with us again for many future stays.