“Fabulous experience”

Ranked #342 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 February 2013

We stayed four nights at the Park Lane Hilton. Despite being diamond members the staff were fabulously attentive and went out of there way to make us feel really special.
The attractions were so easy to reach by both bus and tube and the choices of restaurants both on site and within a mile were excellent.

Give serious consideration to staying at this outstanding hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am thrilled to hear that you have had such a positive time here with us, particularly as a Hilton Honors Diamond Member. We pride ourselves on providing the very best in service and care for our Diamond guests, and I am very pleased that you were able to experience this first-hand.

Thank you very much once again for your kind feedback, and we look forward to having you with us again in the years to come.

London Hilton on Park Lane

Write a ReviewReviews (3,286)

Reviewed 5 February 2013

Me & my husband stayed at Hilton Park Lane for one night before travelling to New York. The hotel is fantastic, we had an amazing large room with large bed and everything you need, with a huge window overlooking Hyde Park Winter Wonderland. The staff were very friendly & helpful. Perfect spot.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank larmstron

Thank you so much for your recent stay and review.

I am most happy to hear that you have had a great stay here with us, with a view over Hyde Park and their dazzling Winter Wonderland. Before a long flight to New York, I do trust that you were able to have a nice relaxing evening here with us at the London Hilton on Park Lane, and I hope that the remainder of your stay was as enjoyable as the beginning.

Thank you very much once again for your feedback, and we look forward to having you back with us again in the future.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

We stayed 1 night at the Hilton on Park Lane and we were really impressed. The hotel is excellent. I booked an executive room and it did not disappoint. I called the hotel a few days before to see if we could leave our bags there earlier than check in as we were off to see a theatre show and they arranged an early check in so we were able to check in at 12noon.

The hotel is magnificent and the rooms are very luxurious and quite spacious. I asked for a park view room, we got part park and part city view but the view was still spectacular.

The bathroom was very clean and luxurious, the shower is amazingly powerful and the bath tub is a really good size, we loved our bathroom.
The bedroom was great too, the beds were really comfy and the bedding was really nice too.

We had breakfast in the executive lounge and this was fantastic too, we expected standard continental i.e bread rolls, croissants etc which they did have but they also had eggs and bacon so that was a nice surprise. Again all breakfast items were really good quality, there was a very good selection of food and it all tasted excellent, none of it was cheap, it all tasted good quality.

Booking an executive room gives you access to the executive lounge for breakfast, afternoon tea and evening drinks and canopes but as we were out doing various things during the day and didn’t return until later we missed afternoon tea and drinks in the lounge, if we go back to London for a weekend we will definitely spend more time in the hotel as it has a lot to offer its guests.

The only downside to this hotel is although it is only a 5 minute walk from Hyde Park Corner tube stop, it is through an underpass which during the day is fine as this part of London is very civilized and feels very safe, however, when we got back from dinner in central London around 9pm it was dark and we did not fancy an underpass in the dark so we got a taxi back to the hotel.

I would definitely return to this hotel and recommend it to others. I think paying extra for an executive room is money well spent.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are worth paying more money for.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dee082

Thank you so much for your recent stay and your thorough review.

I am delighted to read that you have had such a positive stay with us here at the London Hilton on Park Lane. It really sounds like the room, the service, and particularly the executive lounge were very much to your liking. I am so pleased that you have enjoyed the breakfast items in the lounge, and I will be sure to congratulate the kitchen for a job well done!

That being said, I can appreciate what you have said regarding the underpass late at night. Going forward, while the Green Park station is slightly further away it is on a main road and would not involve going under the pathway. I do apologise for any negative impact that this has had on your stay.

In any case, that matter aside I am pleased that you have had such a nice stay. Thank you very much once again for your constructive feedback, and I look forward to having you back with us in the future.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

Having requested (at the time of booking and confirming the day prior to arrival) a twin room with wheelchair access and bathroom facilities, I was very disappointed to find we had been allocated a double room with an inaccessible bath instead of a wet room.
We were shown to another room of a lesser standard - again it was a double room, not twin beds.
A single roll-in bed was brought in and made up while we waited; my friend spent an uncomfortable night on this bed.
We had both looked forward to our night in London but our experience at the Hilton was very disappointing and not up to the standard expected of a 5 star hotel.
We sent separate emails to the duty manager within 48 hours of checking out - we have not even received an acknowledgment to our complaints.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank stephsands50
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent contact.

First and foremost, I must apologise that your recent stay was not to your liking. We do have a variety of accessible rooms available here at the London Hilton on Park Lane, and I am very sorry to hear that on this recent stay your experience in this regard was a negative one.

In order that I may follow-up in further detail, if you would please be able to contact me at david.gerrard@hilton.com and provide me with your name I shall respond as a matter of priority. You have also mentioned that you have previously e-mailed and received no response. Please in your e-mail do confirm for the addresses of the individuals that you have reached out to so that I may follow up with them regarding why you have not received a response.

Thank you very much once again for reaching out to me, and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

Great location, hardly ever needed a taxi, great views, nice spacious room with nice bathroom very comfy bed. I stayed here for 3 nights and thought it was over all very good. A few niggles 250ml PLASTIC bottle of water cost £5-50 from the mini bar which is a complete rip off. I was actually disgusted, in the Michelin star restaurant on the top floor was cheaper for more.. I have to say the mini bar charges would put me off staying at this hotel.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am pleased to read that on the whole you have had an enjoyable stay here with us, that the room was to your liking and that our location proved so convenient.

That being said, I can appreciate what you have said about the pricing on the minibar. Direct feedback such as this is the best way for us to make the most productive improvements going forward, and I will ensure that your concerns are raised to the appropriate individuals.

Thank you very much once again for your constructive comments.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

Our thanks to all the Banqueting staff at the London Hilton on Park Lane who delivered a great occasion for BFFF at our last industry Luncheon. It’s not often one gets a chance to look behind the scenes and to see over 900 dishes for desserts being assembled innovatively and with such attention to detail. Impressive. Thanks to Executive Chef, Anthony Marshall, and his team and all in Banqueting.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Our Kitchen and Banqueting teams always put their best foot forward when it comes to such industry events as yours, and I am so pleased to hear that you have had such a successful day.

It is great to see this candid photo of the pre-event set-up, with everyone working together so diligently.

I have made sure to pass your kind words on to Chef Marshall's team and Banqueting, and look forward to having you all with us again in the future.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

This hotel may be on the pricey side but the rooms, service, views and staff make this all worthwile. Our suite was immaculate and the executive lounge experience was good, although officious staff putting food and drink out wehre the only blot on a perfect stay. We had a fantastic meal at teh Podium restaurant and enjoyed drinks at both the Popp bar and Galvin on Windows. Great stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am very pleased to read that you have had a fantastic time here with us at the London Hilton on Park Lane. I have made the Podium kitchen staff aware of your kind words regarding your meal, and I am so pleased that the room and services were so to your liking.

That being said, I am sorry to hear that the service in our was not to your liking, and I will certainly follow up with the appropriate member of management to further discuss.

Thank you very much once again for your feedback, and I look forward to having you here with us in the near future.