“What a VIEW”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Shropshire, UK
“What a VIEW”
Reviewed 8 February 2013

So pleased with our stay. We usually stay at the Mayfair but it was fully booked so booked a standard room at the hotel. Checked in at 4pm and the reception guy advised we had been upgraded to the Exec Floor... room 2611 to be exact. That was lovely so as we approached the room door on floor 26 (the highest residential floor), I was disappointed that it didn't seem to face Hyde Park... so we opened the door and O...M...G before us stood a full width window with the most incredible view of London I have ever seen... EVERY landmark could be seen. What a treat! Thank you Hilton for a fab stay, we will return :-) See my pics if you don't believe me!

Room Tip: Highest floor facing away from the park are the best!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pmsnowdon
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am so pleased to hear that you have had such a great stay with us here at the London Hilton on Park Lane. Our views are certainly a highlight, whether facing towards the greenery of Hyde Park or all of the sights of London.

Thank you very much once again, and please do reach out to us at reservations.parklane@hilton.com or myself directly at david.gerrard@hilton.com with any enquiries or special requests.

London Hilton on Park Lane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (766)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bournemouth, UK
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Over the past 2 months my wife and I have spent 20 or so nights in central London Hotels, including Four Seasons, The Lanesborough, The Mandarin Oriental, Hyat Regency and at least 6 nights at the Hilton on Park Lane. Pound for pound this beats them all. We were on the executive floor for all of our stays here, and the executive lounge is a real bonus with the excellent afternoon tea and evening canapes and complimentary bar. Galvin at Windows is a fine restaurant, and fully deserving of its Michelin Star. Oh, and a word for Steve and his shoe-shine concession in reception ... he is a master with your footwear.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank presario988
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your positive review.

I am so pleased to hear that after such extensive travels here in London you have been so impressed with your stay here at the London Hilton on Park Lane. It sounds like you have been able to make use of all aspects of the hotel, from Galvin at Windows at the top to Steve shining your shoes in the lobby.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words, and please do reach out to either reservations.parklane@hilton.com or myself directly at david.gerrard@hilton.com the next time you plan a visit to us here in London and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 6 February 2013

We loved staying at this hotel. The location is wonderful and service is stellar! As a diamond member we had access to the executive lounge - which is fantastic! The rooms are very comfortable and again - the service was simply wonderful. We will be back!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am so pleased to hear that you have had such a great stay here with us at the London Hilton on Park Lane, and that you have been able to enjoy all the benefits of your elite Diamond tier Hilton Honors membership. We strive to provide our guests with the highest standard of hospitality, and I am so pleased that you have had such a fabulous stay in this regard.

Thank you so much once again, and I look forward to having you back with us.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2013

We stayed four nights at the Park Lane Hilton. Despite being diamond members the staff were fabulously attentive and went out of there way to make us feel really special.
The attractions were so easy to reach by both bus and tube and the choices of restaurants both on site and within a mile were excellent.

Give serious consideration to staying at this outstanding hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am thrilled to hear that you have had such a positive time here with us, particularly as a Hilton Honors Diamond Member. We pride ourselves on providing the very best in service and care for our Diamond guests, and I am very pleased that you were able to experience this first-hand.

Thank you very much once again for your kind feedback, and we look forward to having you with us again in the years to come.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

Me & my husband stayed at Hilton Park Lane for one night before travelling to New York. The hotel is fantastic, we had an amazing large room with large bed and everything you need, with a huge window overlooking Hyde Park Winter Wonderland. The staff were very friendly & helpful. Perfect spot.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank larmstron
Thank you so much for your recent stay and review.

I am most happy to hear that you have had a great stay here with us, with a view over Hyde Park and their dazzling Winter Wonderland. Before a long flight to New York, I do trust that you were able to have a nice relaxing evening here with us at the London Hilton on Park Lane, and I hope that the remainder of your stay was as enjoyable as the beginning.

Thank you very much once again for your feedback, and we look forward to having you back with us again in the future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2013

We stayed 1 night at the Hilton on Park Lane and we were really impressed. The hotel is excellent. I booked an executive room and it did not disappoint. I called the hotel a few days before to see if we could leave our bags there earlier than check in as we were off to see a theatre show and they arranged an early check in so we were able to check in at 12noon.

The hotel is magnificent and the rooms are very luxurious and quite spacious. I asked for a park view room, we got part park and part city view but the view was still spectacular.

The bathroom was very clean and luxurious, the shower is amazingly powerful and the bath tub is a really good size, we loved our bathroom.
The bedroom was great too, the beds were really comfy and the bedding was really nice too.

We had breakfast in the executive lounge and this was fantastic too, we expected standard continental i.e bread rolls, croissants etc which they did have but they also had eggs and bacon so that was a nice surprise. Again all breakfast items were really good quality, there was a very good selection of food and it all tasted excellent, none of it was cheap, it all tasted good quality.

Booking an executive room gives you access to the executive lounge for breakfast, afternoon tea and evening drinks and canopes but as we were out doing various things during the day and didn’t return until later we missed afternoon tea and drinks in the lounge, if we go back to London for a weekend we will definitely spend more time in the hotel as it has a lot to offer its guests.

The only downside to this hotel is although it is only a 5 minute walk from Hyde Park Corner tube stop, it is through an underpass which during the day is fine as this part of London is very civilized and feels very safe, however, when we got back from dinner in central London around 9pm it was dark and we did not fancy an underpass in the dark so we got a taxi back to the hotel.

I would definitely return to this hotel and recommend it to others. I think paying extra for an executive room is money well spent.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are worth paying more money for.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dee082
Thank you so much for your recent stay and your thorough review.

I am delighted to read that you have had such a positive stay with us here at the London Hilton on Park Lane. It really sounds like the room, the service, and particularly the executive lounge were very much to your liking. I am so pleased that you have enjoyed the breakfast items in the lounge, and I will be sure to congratulate the kitchen for a job well done!

That being said, I can appreciate what you have said regarding the underpass late at night. Going forward, while the Green Park station is slightly further away it is on a main road and would not involve going under the pathway. I do apologise for any negative impact that this has had on your stay.

In any case, that matter aside I am pleased that you have had such a nice stay. Thank you very much once again for your constructive feedback, and I look forward to having you back with us in the future.

maidenhead
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Having requested (at the time of booking and confirming the day prior to arrival) a twin room with wheelchair access and bathroom facilities, I was very disappointed to find we had been allocated a double room with an inaccessible bath instead of a wet room.
We were shown to another room of a lesser standard - again it was a double room, not twin beds.
A single roll-in bed was brought in and made up while we waited; my friend spent an uncomfortable night on this bed.
We had both looked forward to our night in London but our experience at the Hilton was very disappointing and not up to the standard expected of a 5 star hotel.
We sent separate emails to the duty manager within 48 hours of checking out - we have not even received an acknowledgment to our complaints.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank stephsands50
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent contact.

First and foremost, I must apologise that your recent stay was not to your liking. We do have a variety of accessible rooms available here at the London Hilton on Park Lane, and I am very sorry to hear that on this recent stay your experience in this regard was a negative one.

In order that I may follow-up in further detail, if you would please be able to contact me at david.gerrard@hilton.com and provide me with your name I shall respond as a matter of priority. You have also mentioned that you have previously e-mailed and received no response. Please in your e-mail do confirm for the addresses of the individuals that you have reached out to so that I may follow up with them regarding why you have not received a response.

Thank you very much once again for reaching out to me, and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.