“Afternoon Tea to saviour”

Ranked #341 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We booked a table for 4 for afternoon Tea. The Hotel had been highly recommended by some friends and I must say the whole experience exceeded our expectations, from the staff to the delights of afternoon Tea treats! Have to congratulate the Head chef for perfect delights!
Thank you for a fantastic afternoon.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Franco I
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very pleased to hear that your Afternoon Tea experience has exceeded your expectations, both in regards to the service received and the pastries and other items on offer. I have made sure to advise the team of your kind words, and they are very pleased that you have had such a great afternoon.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to having you back with us in the future.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

I have stayed on many hotels but this hotel has made a huge impression on me and I can't wait to come back.

EVERY member of staff went over and beyond to make this a memorable experience.

We checked in early but unfortunately the table in our room was damaged. Normally I wouldn't mention this but I felt we had paid a lot for the room so we mentioned it to the front desk who dealt with it in minutes. We was moved up to a deluxe king on the 14th floor and all I can say is.... Wow! It really is a room with a view.

We had cocktails at sunset at Galvin at windows on the 28th floor and it was breathtaking. Not the cheapest drinks but worth every penny.

Confessions of a chocoholic afternoon tea was also lovely. I would still say the mad hatters afternoon tea at the Sanderson is my personal favourite but I can't fault the food or service. We also had breakfast in the podium and I would say this is one of the best breakfasts I've ever had. We used room service during our stay and it was also fantastic. To be honest I can't fault the food, service, reception or concierge. Wesley on reception definitely stands out but everyone was first class.

I don't normally think the hotel could make a trip. It's nice to stay in a good hotel but its a base and somewhere to sleep. This hotel has totally changed my opinion. This hotel and staff made our weekend. I could easily stay here and not even leave the hotel. Can't wait to return. Thank you so much.

Room Tip: It's worth paying the extra for a deluxe room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent review and stay.

I am so happy to hear that on this recent stay we have made such a positive impression on you. Particularly the final paragraph you have provided, which I have brought to the attention of all during our weekly meetings. It is fantastic to think that we have had such an impact on your stay, and this is exactly the sort of experience that we want our valued guests to be able to treasure forever. You have mentioned my colleague Wesley in particular, and he was touched by your kind words.

Thank you very much once again, and please do contact reservations.parklane@hilton.com or myself directly at david.gerrard@hilton.com when you plan a return and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

I was lucky enough to win two nights at the Hilton Park Lane Hotel in London. Because I won this I cannot comment on price but stayed in an Executive Room with breakfast and access to the executive day suite. The room was barely lit when I entered with curtains open in the evening which displayed perfectly the view over Mayfair, Hyde Park and the whole of London - absolutely stunning from this 22nd floor bedroom. I was lucky to be given cakes, water and fresh fruit in my room, but I have to say, even if you were paying for the deal the luxury involved and service would be first class. Everywhere naturally is spotless. The breakfast is very varied, however I must say on the second morning at the busiest times people were queuing for a table, so it would be best to avoid those times, although if having an executive room you can eat in the executive day room. I ate once in the Podium Restaurant, about a five or six set course meal which cost about £44, so reasonable for a five star hotel and excellent food. I didn't try the Trader Vic Restaurant as I'm not into Thai style food but I did notice that looked a bit expensive. There's also a Michilin starred restaurant on the 28th floor and outside bank holidays did a set course for about £35 and £45, which would be worth exploring with a view like that. This was at the side of the cocktail bar, again on the 28th floor.
Service throughout those two nights and days was impeccable! Best to book for all restaurants though. Two spacious lounges in the executive day suite with fruit, cakes, and non-alcoholic drinks available and high tea, all included in your executive room bill, so if you think you may need a set up like that it would be worth booking. Shame no swimming pool, however, ladies and mens hairdressing looked inviting and I tried the sauna and steam rooms, which were excellent. I would certainly go again, if you want polite, impeccable service, this is your hotel!

Room Tip: If you can get a room as near to the 26th floor then do as you will never forget the view, however a...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Wonderful270

Thank you very much for your recent review.

First off, congratulations on your prize! I am very happy that you have had such a nice time here with us on your winning stay, and that everything was so to your liking. I am particularly happy that the service you have received has been impeccable, as that is exactly the level of service that we strive to provide.

Thank you very much once again, and please do reach out to us at reservations.parklane@hilton.com or to myself directly at david.gerrard@hilton.com when you plan a return visit to the London Hilton on Park Lane.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

Really enjoyed staying here, the bedoom & Bathroom with tub/shower was very comfortable with an incredible View of London! Luxury Bedding with duvet. The Service by everyone in this Hotel including the Reception, Restaurant & Conciege was First Class - very polite & helpful.
Breakfast was plentiful with a good choice of hot & cold buffet dishes. Coffee or tea choices served at your table. Hope to visit again in the future.

Room Tip: Bedrooms have either city or park views.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for your recent review.

I am very happy to hear that your stay with us has been so fabulous. We pride ourselves on our professional and attentive team at the London Hilton on Park Lane, and it is great to hear that the hard work of my colleagues has paid off.

Thank you very much once again, and please do contact either our reservations department at reservations.parklane@hilton.com or myself directly at david.gerrard@hilton.com when you are thinking about returning and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Reviewed 13 February 2013

If you are undecided whether to stay here, please do not hesitate, i have travelled and stayed in many hotels, but this has to got to be rated up there as one of my favourite ever.From the moment we entered the hotel the staff can not do enough for you, arrived early and happy that our room was ready for us, and everyone is so polite and all with a smile.We stayed for my daughter's 16th, i had emailed ahead and to my pleasant surprise was upgraded, my daughter's face was a picture as we walked in the room on the 19th floor overlooking London, priceless. We returned to the room after a day's sightseeing to a platter of fruit, a lovely dessert and a hand written card, these little touches go along way.
Room very comfortable, shower amazing, toiletries fab, bed so comfortable didn't want to get up.
Location is spot on, nice leisurely walk in the morning to Harrods.
Thankyou Hilton for making my daughter's 16th a very happy one and to David and Natalie from The hotel for the prompt reply to emails and requests, i am very much appreciated.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank livvyCheshire

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

We have spoken via e-mail as well, and I just want to again express my appreciation for your reaching out to us. It is always a pleasant experience to hear about our guests' enjoyable stays at the London Hilton on Park Lane, and I am so happy that we were able to give your daughter such an enjoyable 16th birthday.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Reviewed 13 February 2013 via mobile

Booked a room for my partners birthday and had a wonderful experience at the Hilton Park Lane. Everything was done by them to make this a grisly memorable experience. Staff were helpful and polite.

Positives

- Nearby Q car park near marble arch - 7 mins walk away only £24 for 24 hours

- exceptional communication - meeting the importance of room pref/ special occasions

- outstanding service - friendly and helpful staff

- beautiful suite with lovely views

- lovely personal touch with a handwritten birthday card and a gorgeous dessert.

- great concierge and porter service

Negatives

- Limited selection of food in exec lounge in comparison to other Hilton Hotels.

- No alarm clock in bedroom

• Stayed: February 2013
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am so pleased to read that you have had such an enjoyable stay here with us, particularly on this special birthday visit. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests that have had such a positive stay, and I am most happy that everything has gone so well.

That being said, I can appreciate the negative matters that you have raised. I am most perplexed regarding the alarm clock, as these should be standard in every room. Please do contact me at david.gerrard@hilton.com to provide me with your name, so that I may follow up accordingly with the appropriate department. Also, if there were any particular items that you have felt that the Executive Lounge was lacking in, please also do let me know.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

very welllocated opposite Hyde Park and Regents Park across avery busy Park Lane. Walking distance around 15 minures from two tube stations. We enjoyed a very proifessional but friendly welcome and had access to oiur room a little early. Nice exec lounge but very busy at times and staff wete either great :-) or grumpy :-(

Rooms are decent size for central London, bathroom with separate shower unit. Great views from higher rooms and no noise at all but we were on the 22nd floor. Large area by the lifts on each floor would NOT be a good place to have your room and there are service lifts at the end of some corridors and staff were quite noisy during our stay we thought. We will be back-as long as we can afford the high for Hilton London prices

Room Tip: away from elevators and service lifts as well. Higher the floor the better I would say
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am pleased to read that you have been able to enjoy your room early, and that the views and location were so to your liking.

I can appreciate your point regarding receiving a room away from the lifts. If I may ask you to please reach out to me at david.gerrard@hilton.com regarding this issue. If you have a Hilton Honors account, I can note your preference for a quiet room away from the lifts on your profile, or if you are not an Honors guest at the very least I can note your next booking with the same request.

Thank you very much once again for your constructive review, and I look forward to hearing from you again in the future.